Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I’m past my shock and awe phase. I agree that it’s obvious that Tesla has made some kind of significant advance here but left it to us to figure out what that is exactly. 500 mile range for $69k. That is oceans apart from any competition.

Point is - what’s under the hood - I mean, what’s under the floorboards is way more impactful than this single vehicle design.

Gali is going to go apoplectic over this.
And now we know why there will be a battery investor day, because previously a Semi pulling a full load with 500 mile range, roadster with base specs of 1.9 sec to 60, 250+ mph top speed, and a plaid three motor s rips up laguna seca and will likely demolish the 'ring was amazing but not thought provoking... Now mix in the price: 70k for an EV with range of 500+ miles including leading specs for towing and load capacity....

Just a few years ago, we were discussing the tongue weight and restriction of a bike rack to an MX hitch...

I've not yet seen an answer to your questions; apologies if I missed.

No. That was the appropriate suspension action. By raising the front while lowering the rear, the Cybertruck allows easier on/offloading of a rolling item like an ATV. A great job by Tesla's suspension engineering team!

Btw., did they really say 4" variable suspension in both directions? That is, if you drive at max up position is ~8" bed lowering ability in the rear from the suspension alone, which isn't bad.

Reactions: SpaceCash
You folks must not live in pickup land. I do. People buy trucks that look good all jacked up and makes them feel manly. Every other vehicle in South Ga is a pickup truck, and rarely is anything being hauled or in the bed.

Work trucks are the 5 year old pickups - that used to look good, but not any more.

Every single person I know with a work truck has an F250 or F350.

Regular pickup trucks are nothing more than a fashion statement glamorized by country music. This is NOT going to be glamorized in a country music song!!

Don’t care. Won’t matter. It’s going to sell.

I’ve opted for the dual motor at this time, but may still upgrade to the tri.

Some people are saying the stock will drop tomorrow. I can understand why. Its a very polarizing design and will likely not appeal to the generic buyers of trucks like the F150.

But I'm seeing it on this forum and in the news - there is a subset of people who are going to buy this thing. And its not an insignificant fraction of the population.

And the specs further show Tesla's cost and technology advantage.

So even if the stock does drop tomorrow, its possible it could reverse very quickly and that could make shorts (and longs) realize that there is nothing stopping this thing.

I'm not saying it will happen this way, but I've seen it before, and you have too.

I like your analysis.

I feel the recent run-up in share price was not due to Cybertruck anticipation but the fact that Tesla, as a cost-effective manufacturer of highly desireable goods, seems to be firing on all cylinders (so to speak, LOL). The impact of the Cybertruck to Tesla's bottom line is too far off to have any effect and there are too many shorts looking for a good cover price to let this drop far. Any weakness in share price will be taken advantage of by shorts who don't want to still be exposed going into Q4 results.

I think finally the longs are in the driver's seat.

Do we have confirmation this is not a North American exclusive vehicle?

And will be sold in China,Europe and Australia too?

Other continents might be waiting a while. Or a long while. Or a really long while. 'Cause this thing is going to be in HIGH demand right here in N. America. But of course they will sell it there too when they have run through all pre-orders and backlog.

I don't know. When I looked at it first, I was just shocked. It just looked so different I was very disappointed.

And now I think I REALLY REALLY want one.

Its basically the ultimate I don't care what you think.

Its Elon through and through
Exactly what I was thinking. I want this like a big F U sign in an environmental friendly way.

Last observation before heading to bed:

Not 500 miles. Not 400 miles. Not 300 miles.

There is No Way what we saw tonight can get beyond 200 miles on a charge, without something more than a 300kWh battery.

How can your Dear Moderator make such a seemingly careless statement? Easy:

I looked at those energy-chewing tires shown. A case of hand-forged doughnuts to anyone who can convince me those are much better than about 750 wh/mile beasts.

I think the weight of the truck will be surprisingly low and also the aerodynamics will be helpful