Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everybody needs to go reread my dream sequence I posted 452 pages ago.

Nailed it!
Only one small functionality issue: many people like to reach over the side of the truck bed to put stuff in and take stuff out. It also maybe difficult to access the electrical outlets from the side with the high side railings.

I’m wondering how much drag difference without the angled cab cover design and going with a more flat side rail.

TSLA dropping on Frankfurt exchange

D95AF318-B7E6-4139-89DA-FFE412B3C777.jpeg

Only thing I don't care for is the roadster steering wheel.
I was thinking same thing but I'm sure it'd grow on me if it ends up standard, though in the ride from the above tweet (Twitter) he asked the driver if that was the production steering wheel and the reply was 'everything we're doing is showing our direction towards production, but we only make things better as we get towards production'

Y suddenly looks like not a good deal.

I disagree, the Model Y is excellent if you like rounded designs.

That was the most interesting detail to me about the reveal: the angular F117 design with good proportions is pretty much the polar opposite of classic designs:

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-7.05.28-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-7.03.09-AM.jpg

enigpwzgg6041.png

Versus:

upload_2019-11-22_8-39-59.png
It will definitely not be hard for those people to chose between them who prefer one over the other.

Last edited:
It's hideous- I can't decide whether to laugh :D or cry! :( Whether I love it or hate it!

It's ugly, but I keep telling myself it's SUPPOSED to be- that's the whole point. It has zero Fs to give!
My 12 year old son loves it, and he is probably already smarter than I am. I hope he knows his future college tuition might be loaded in the frunk of that monstrosity on its way to the abyss! The damndest thing is that abomination just might be able to power its way out!

I'll let you know by market close tomorrow....or in 7 more years.

What a Cluster F***.

What happened to "no weirdmobiles"? Why show how many conventional trucks are sold a year and then release such a niche product that has no hope in meaningfully moving the dial?

Why host this at SpaceX? All week I've been telling my kid, do you want to see a car pull a rocket? Based upon the Spy Who Loved Me tweet, all day I've been saying Do you want to see a car that drive through water?

And all we get is a weird demo where the second half is in front of two smashed windows. What about showing a bunch of construction workers using tools power from it? What about showing its off road capability? And what was that weird little buggy at the end?

Well done TMCers that sold shares yesterday. The most worried I have been after a Tesla product launch ever.

TSLA dropping on Frankfurt exchange

View attachment 479918

Bounced back a bit:

upload_2019-11-22_8-47-35.png

But it's all pretty low volume for the time being.

Anyway, Chanos yesterday pretty much gave the signal for a bear attack - shorts will enter with renewed conviction, and weak longs who speculatively expected $700 after the unveil will sell. It won't matter - this pickup truck will sell like hotcakes.

I disagree, it's an excellent deal if you like rounded designs.

That was the most interesting detail to me about the reveal: the angular F117 design with good proportions is pretty much the polar opposite of classic designs:

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-7.05.28-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-7.03.09-AM.jpg

enigpwzgg6041.png

Versus:

It will definitely not be hard for those people to chose between them who prefer one over the other.
I've never preferred trucks or angular designs.
But the utility of truck seems superb and I'm good with the not rounded design. I was intending to offroad once in a while and keep ICE for that, since not possible with 3/Y, but if I replace the 3 with the truck, I could dump the ICE. Positives definitely outweigh rounded design.

What a Cluster F***.

What happened to "no weirdmobiles"? Why show how many conventional trucks are sold a year and then release such a niche product that has no hope in meaningfully moving the dial?

Why host this at SpaceX? All week I've been telling my kid, do you want to see a car pull a rocket? Based upon the Spy Who Loved Me tweet, all day I've been saying Do you want to see a car that drive through water?

And all we get is a weird demo where the second half is in front of two smashed windows. What about showing a bunch of construction workers using tools power from it? What about showing its off road capability? And what was that weird little buggy at the end?

Well done TMCers that sold shares yesterday. The most worried I have been after a Tesla product launch ever.

So, what do you think the share price will be in 2 weeks? Because I don't see any significant dip in share price that's not going to be taken advantage of by those who want to get in and shorts who want to cover their positions before their losses become unmanageable.

Only one small functionality issue: many people like to reach over the side of the truck bed to put stuff in and take stuff out. It also maybe difficult to access the electrical outlets from the side with the high side railings.

Nobody who loves their truck does that! :eek: Might as well just hand out keys to your kids and let them have a go at your paint job.

Reactions: jerry33
So, what do you think the share price will be in 2 weeks? Because I don't see any significant dip in share price that's not going to be taken advantage of by those who want to get in and shorts who want to cover their positions before their losses become unmanageable.
I don't think today's share price was pricing in much if any revenue from the Pickup at all. My concern is the missed opportunity from this product. They should have been in a position to eat the market by 2022 for this segment. And they've made something so weird it will barely flicker.

On objective assessment of how the presentation went is that it was poor. I have no doubt several Tesla employees are feeling Elon's wrath right now. This should have been free publicity for all their products and instead all that MSM will focus on is the smashed glass. Call a spade a spade. Building a standalone factory for this product would be brave.