Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reality is any other company coming out with the news on orders that Elon released would have gained back most of what it lost last Friday. As we all know, the challenge is with all the FUD, including form the likes of CNBC this a.m. (LeBeau was in rare form minimizing the 200,000 #), it is very hard for Tesla to gain its footing without news that cannot easily be refuted. The main challenge is likely that we have big auto/big oil $ being used to pressure the stock whenever it seems to gain some traction. Unlike the pure shorts and hedge funds, these folks likely do not care about taking some losses, as the key is to ensure that Tesla goes away at some point. The value in that far outweighs any temporary paper (or even real) losses. It still shocks me that the SEC does not look into the obvious manipulation that is present in Tesla stock - in particular the blatantly false stories that are distributed utilizing mainstream media.

I'm not surprised by the drop in share price rise after this morning's gain Just like the Model 3 unveiling back in 2016 and the stock surged the next morning, the surging fizzled by the end of the day. But the stock then progressively went north later on.

Historical stock pricing here: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Historical Prices & Data

I'll probably buy some small chunks later today.

"Serious truck folk" are already deep in truck dogma land. It will take them a while to recover.

That's why the Cybertruck will, ironically, be enjoyed first primarily by people who aren't already too deep into the truck culture because they like to "belong". That desire to "belong" to a group or class of people is what drives over half of all truck sales in the US. You don't buy a Cybertruck in order to be seen as "fitting in", LOL! However, those most looked up to in the truck communities should be early adopters because you don't get to be a leader by following.

We might be surprised.

They love big pickups but were all over my Model S when I showed up for a visit last year. Some took me up on my offer to drive it, and loved it, with lots of good questions about the technology. So this will be a good test for the pull of cool new technology vs the threat to traditional manly-man truck styling.

There is a collaborative spreadsheet of reservation numbers. Has anyone done a breakdown by state?

The first reaction to a new design is always "Eww, yuck", so first reactions aren't important. A historical parallel was "American Bandstand" (yeah, the one with Dick Clark). They asked kids to rate the latest song as to whether it would be a hit or a flop. The kids almost always rated them as a flop (this was the first time they heard the song). They were almost always wrong.
The rating I always remember was "It's got a beat and you can dance to it."

Reactions: madodel
I'm not surprised by the drop in share price rise after this morning's gain Just like the Model 3 unveiling back in 2016 and the stock surged the next morning, the surging fizzled by the end of the day. But the stock then progressively went north later on.

Historical stock pricing here: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Historical Prices & Data

What are we to make of the fact that there's a "small chunk" investor in our midst?

I'm a proponent of spacing apart the ratings icons because of my fat clumsy fingers, and adding one that expresses hopeless confusion.

Has anyone done a review on Accipeter Capital’s *multiple* false claims and predictions on Tesla and Elon over the past few years?

The social media operation they have put up behind its short position is impressive seemingly uniting interests among other Tesla short players.

The documented wrong statements on CNBC alone should be put together as a greatest hit list video of dubious credibility vs the reality of Tesla success.

It also would be a great viral marketing tool for Tesla as it only helps to validate Tesla success in the face of well heeled short interest attacks seemingly given extra time and credence on increasingly irrelevant (on consumer influence) legacy media.

Hmm who upgraded?
Screenshot_20191125-092409_Gmail.jpg

Re. serious truck people buying: I tried to sell the Cybertruck to my parents, but apparently Tesla will need to go up a truck class to get many ranchers and farmers. They need to be able to tow an 8k lb trailer with an 18k lb bulldozer on it. Shows how little I know about trucks, I thought the Cybertruck was a serious truck.

Re. serious truck people buying: I tried to sell the Cybertruck to my parents, but apparently Tesla will need to go up a truck class to get many ranchers and farmers. They need to be able to tow an 8k lb trailer with an 18k lb bulldozer on it. Shows how little I know about trucks, I thought the Cybertruck was a serious truck.
They don't want cybertruck, they want the Tesla Semi

They would not buy an ICE half ton for that either. The Cybertruck is a half ton truck (the best selling for obvious reasons), not a one ton truck.

I would much rather have a gradual rise back to ATH than these dramatic swings. Having said, I won’t be surprised if the stock trades sideways this holiday week.

At the moment, not seeing anything that makes me want to change from my original plan of waiting through Friday to buy back sold calls and sell some put credit spreads. I had a brief moment of FOMO at open today, though. :p

Edit: Although after a look at technicals, also wouldn't be surprised if TSLA recovers from here if it can close above $336.

My mom called me this am saying "guess what I am getting". I figured a new Mercedes as she loves her convertible. Nope, she ordered the truck. She just turned 80 last month. LOL Tried to get her a 3 long ago but she was not interested.

Not trying to be funny here but I think your mom is reaching out to you. Don't ignore her, she may not have long to live.