Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some combination of profit from operations, and debt and/or equity.

The faster it is built the greater the percentage of debt and/or equity.

The slower it is built the greater the percentage from profits from operations.

Thanks. $1.38 billion in 2021 convertible notes mature in 16 months that will probably need to be refinanced.

I had expected sizeable governmental incentives/subsidies because of the stimulus to the local economy, similar to GFs 1-3. Maybe bring back Diarmuid as a barnacle to negotiate the incentives?

Who will supply the cells? Or will Tesla produce them internally using the Maxwell technology?

While I feel like they owe the early adopters SOMETHING, I don’t think they’re going to go crazy placating and accommodating us. Rather, I think the OG Roadster owners are seeing the balanced approach of Tesla realizing they’re important customers, but also realize they can’t drop everything for a few thousand, nearly 10 year old cars, so they capitulate on some discounts on new cars. I wouldn’t be shocked if the same thing happens to HW2+MCU1 and possibly HW2.5+MCU1.
Then they shouldn't have been dumb enough to make the promise. Luckily they are going to be extremely profitable soon, and will be able to afford to make amends.

Its now official. CT has gone viral.

Dan Milano on Twitter

My brother has been working on a mashed potato cybertruck for over an hour
16.6K Retweets 150.4K Likes

ps :

ct2.PNG

It is pretty confusing with no real answers yet, just a lot of questions and random hypothesis by forum dwellers like me.

All said, from an investor perspective, I really don’t think there are a TON of S/X owners who prepaid for FSD and have both MCU1 and HW2, which, at the moment, seem to be in the worst shape. MCU1+HW2.5 was also a brief window from about August 2017 to March 2018, so again, probably not a TON of folks in this pool either.

In either case, Tesla can simply remove the option of FSD for any of these S/X that come back as trade in and limit them to basic AutoPilot, protecting them from future upgrade cost.

While I feel like they owe the early adopters SOMETHING, I don’t think they’re going to go crazy placating and accommodating us. Rather, I think the OG Roadster owners are seeing the balanced approach of Tesla realizing they’re important customers, but also realize they can’t drop everything for a few thousand, nearly 10 year old cars, so they capitulate on some discounts on new cars. I wouldn’t be shocked if the same thing happens to HW2+MCU1 and possibly HW2.5+MCU1.
Maybe they will offer to all those in this predicament free FSD on their next Tesla. That is only an opportunity cost for Tesla and currently would save the buyer $7,000. The downside is that they would have to purchase a new car to get the benefit.

Last edited:
Thanks. $1.38 billion in 2021 convertible notes mature in 16 months that will probably need to be refinanced.

I had expected sizeable governmental incentives/subsidies because of the stimulus to the local economy, similar to GFs 1-3. Maybe bring back Diarmuid as a barnacle to negotiate the incentives?

Who will supply the cells? Or will Tesla produce them internally using the Maxwell technology?

EU has strict limits on industrial incentives to prevent " a race to the bottom."

Incentives will amount to 100M Euros. Almost not worth mentioning.

Plus, Berlin/Brandenburg may also supply funds for specific training for residents that want to work at GF.

Early next year is Tesla's Battery Investor Day where they will give a roadmap to producing 2 Terawatts of battery cells per year.

Since the previous Panasonic CEO that Elon had a very good relationship with retired Tesla and Panasonic have been diverging.

My guess is a Korean Company or North Volt will supply cells at the beginning then Tesla will take over but again we will get better insight on Tesla's Battery Investor Day.

Maybe they will offer to all those in this predicament free FSD on their next Tesla. That is only an opportunity cost for Tesla and currently would save the buyer $7,000. The downside is that they would have to purchase a new car to get the benefit.

They could try, but they’ll be sued(and pretty certainly lose big). There’s plenty of people(myself included) who wouldn’t be interested in shelling out for a replacement car, especially since being excluded from FSD would crash the resale value before being able to do so.

I think the only real way out is to just do what it takes for the retrofit.

I've had enough time to get the opinions about the cybertruck from many walks of life and had enough time to digest my own feelings about it. One suspiscion I have is that many people think it is super cool, but are afraid to say so due to many people thinking it is ugly. Because of its polarizing design, there are people who will come out strongly to say it is ugly and those who think it is beautiful will think twice before voicing their own opinion in order to not stand out.

I believe this product's impact will be similar to an iPhone moment. I would push back the semi and Roadster 2020 and focus on expediting the cybertruck.

Its now official. CT has gone viral.

Dan Milano on Twitter

My brother has been working on a mashed potato cybertruck for over an hour
16.6K Retweets 150.4K Likes

ps :

View attachment 482934

Tesla seriously needs to sell window shatter decals.

I was so crushed when it happened, but subsequently seeing pictures of the truck with the shattered windows behind Elon, I think they give it a cool post-apocalyptic vibe.

I think that will go down as an iconic and very famous photograph. Even though obviously not intentional, Tesla should definitely lean into it.

So, yeah, don't really want to draw attention to the cretin, but if you're up for some laughs:

Dropbox - Stanphyl Capital Letter - November 2019.pdf - Simplify your life

If you read October's or September's or August's, etc., then you can skip, because the Tesla rant section is copy-paste, with the exception of adding a sentence belittling the (>250k pre-ordered) Cybertruck and adding a few more mythical "Tesla Killers" to his list.

There's no way this is a legit fund, the investors would be out a long time ago. It's either mummy and daddy, a bunch of similar minded nut-cases, big oil or the Koch (singular).

Heh.... I used to envy and the hate these people with money from mommy and daddy. Thinking how unfair it is to have to work the graveyard shift and study full time so I can graduate without debt while they get to party socialize and pay others to do the work for them. Now it is just apathy. Sometimes I shake my head at the opportunities they squandered with nothing to show and imagined what I could've done starting adult life with millions of monetary injection. Probably booze drug and hookers just like they did.

How lame that you have to put down a deposit to see the interior. :rolleyes:

Course I’ve put down deposits without seeing anything and paid in full without test driving. How stupid does that make me!?
Well apparently Ford suffers damage just letting people "see" the interior, so it makes sense to require deposit. Right?

What do you guys think will be market's knee jerk reaction to the news of Tesla buying Pana's GF1 business?
From our perspective it's great, opens path to further vertical integration and cost savings.
I'm thinking some in the market will think: oh, Tesla's low on cash, lets start uncertainty and gloom again. What if they generate losses in the next Q, will than mean -->>>>....?
Suspecting Pana will go up, Tesla down?

What do you guys think will be market's knee jerk reaction to the news of Tesla buying Pana's GF1 business?
From our perspective it's great, opens path to further vertical integration and cost savings.
I'm thinking some in the market will think: oh, Tesla's low on cash, lets start uncertainty and gloom again. What if they generate losses in the next Q, will than mean -->>>>....?
Suspecting Pana will go up, Tesla down?
What news?