Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a weekly options expiration day. Based on yesterday's closing open interest, Opricot estimates that MaxPain is at $332.50. However, a cursory review of today's options activity suggests that $335 would be a more lucrative and attainable target for the hedge funds and market makers that wrote TSLA options expiring today.

The $2 shoves downward on increased volume with no negative news at the end of the first half hour and at the top of this hour have the fingerprints of manipulation. Long-term oriented institutions typically don't trade in such a manner.

Tesla only publishes numbers quarterly. Monthly US tallies are third party estimates.
yeah I meant estimates can someone remind me who provides the estimates/guesses ... i am behind 100's of pages on this post and in the past monthly numbers were discussed quite extensively ... i guess no one is worried ... deliveries solid across the board I hope :rolleyes:

This is a weekly options expiration day. Based on yesterday's closing open interest, Opricot estimates that MaxPain is at $332.50. However, a cursory review of today's options activity suggests that $335 would be a more lucrative and attainable target for the hedge funds and market makers that wrote TSLA options expiring today.

The $2 shoves downward on increased volume with no negative news at the end of the first half hour and at the top of this hour have the fingerprints of manipulation. Long-term oriented institutions typically don't trade in such a manner.

Of course the stock should drop...the new factory that double's production just got approved to sell the car's.
Makes perfect sense/S

On topic, from Fred...
https://electrek.co/2019/12/06/tesla-tsla-500-bull-case-morgan-stanley-wrong/

"I think Jonas has chosen a really bad time to turn more bearish on Tesla."
yeah I meant estimates can someone remind me who provides the estimates/guesses ... i am behind 100's of pages on this post and in the past monthly numbers were discussed quite extensively ... i guess no one is worried ... deliveries solid across the board I hope :rolleyes:
That was InsideEvs and they switched from monthly to quarterly estimates after Q2, IIRC.

For some billionaires whose time is worth 100k/min, it's worth to testify about some stupid defimatiom case about nothing for 2 days..for others not so much.

Yeah not a fan of this lawsuit. Tied up two days of Musks time just to complete his trolling of the guy.
self inflicted wound ... no excuse for it

That's not how it works, at least in theory; any jump when inclusion is announced would just be the final step in an ongoing ramp in share price as the odds of S&P inclusion become increasingly likely. The jump in SP we've seen since the Q3 report would be, in part, because of an increase in people betting on S&P inclusion.

If nobody bet on S&P inclusion, then there would be a massive spike when it happened. But because there would be a massive spike, obviously people bet on it, proportional to the odds of it actually happening.

This actually happened with Twitter in 2018: they posted a narrow profit in Q1'2018 and just made it into the S&P 500. Market cap was about half of Tesla's, and they didn't have nearly as many shorts.

The outcome: over several weeks there was an almost uninterrupted rise from ~$30 to ~$46: a +50% rise.

With ~20% of TSLA float short plus twice the weight of Twitter I have no idea how far TSLA would rise after a surprise S&P 500 inclusion, but if the Twitter example is comparable then I'm pretty sure it will be more than +50% from current levels.

Not advice though. :D

I got this in the mail the other day.
They forgot to add the pertinent info ...so I added it for them.

View attachment 485406

Previously the Illinois EV registration fee was $35 for two years, i.e. $17.50 per year. This was far less than the annual $101 fee for ICE cars. The change to $251 annually for EVs is due to Illinois legislative influence by the dealership supported chairman of the senate transportation committee. That senator has since resigned amid a federal corruption probe: Sen. Martin Sandoval resigns amid federal corruption investigation

Last edited:
With ~20% of TSLA float short plus twice the weight of Twitter I have no idea how far TSLA would rise after a surprise S&P 500 inclusion, but if the Twitter example is comparable then I'm pretty sure it will be more than +50% from current levels.

Not advice though. :D

Say it Fact Checking. 200% rise. I know you want to :D

It's worth pointing out that V2 Superchargers were a conceptually much simpler system to build. If I recall correctly (correct me if I'm wrong - this isn't a topic I've followed as closely), the racks inside the V2 cabinets are the same AC chargers as used in the S/X. Aka, already produced at scale. By contrast, V3 charger cabinets are a dedicated product.
I want to say that V1 and V2 both were built this way (a stack of S/X AC chargers duct taped together), with the V2's using newer / better ones when they became available and also some other improvements to how they're operated vs V1.

They also raised the "unclean hands" argument I mentioned in previous comments:

Judgment as a Matter of Law – #149 in Vernon Unsworth v. Elon Musk (C.D. Cal., 2:18-cv-08048) – CourtListener.com

Based on the evidence, no reasonable juror could conclude that Mr. Unsworth did not have unclean hands with regard to the Twitter posts that form the basis of this defamation action. Mr. Musk’s tweets were a direct response to Mr. Unsworth’s unprovoked attack on CNN. (12/03/19 Tr. 72:8-11 (Musk).) Mr. Unsworth’s gratuitous statements that Mr. Musk’s rescue submarine was a PR stunt, which insinuated that Mr. Musk did not care about the trapped Thai children, and that Mr. Musk should stick his submarine where it hurts, therefore “occurred in the same transaction that forms the subject of this litigation,” which“is enough to trigger application of the unclean hands doctrine.” Unilogic, Inc. v. Burroughs Corp., 10 Cal App. 4th 612, 623 (1992). And Mr. Unsworth’s comments were unfair and inequitable. See, e.g., Kendall-Jackson Winery, 76 Cal. App. 4th 970, 979 (1999) (“Not every wrongful act constitutes unclean hands. But, the misconduct need not be a crime or an actionable tort. Any conduct that violates conscience, or good faith, or other equitable standards of conduct is sufficient cause to invoke the doctrine.”).

Because unclean hands bars Mr. Unsworth’s defamation claim, judgment should be granted in favor of Mr. Musk as a matter of law.​

Note that even if the judge rejects or ignores this motion, (to me) these look like a powerful argument on appeal: if the judge should have dismissed the lawsuit due to unclean hands then regardless of how the jury decides any decision against Elon would be reversed.

No mention of the other unclean hands factors? (the buzzfeed thing, the fake PI thing, etc)

No mention of the other unclean hands factors? (the buzzfeed thing, the fake PI thing, etc)

Unsworth dropped the Buzzfeed claims a few weeks before the trial, so they are not part of the case.

The fake PI thing is suspected but I haven't seen it proven, beyond the fact that he lied to Musk, that he claimed to have a "friend" at the law firm representing Unsworth, and that he provided emails he exchanged with Elon's staff to the law firm representating Unsworth.

I.e. in reality he was a very useful person and private investigator ... to Unsworth. ;)

Also, the jury was insulated from much of this information, so they cannot connect the dots.

Unsworth's attorney suggesting damages should be $190M. Wow! That is outrageous.

I'm disappointed, he should have gone for

c3305497a908aed0e1792f5d6be8bb85b8878081952e9874ad45fe22692451d0.jpg

self inflicted wound ... no excuse for it
I believe in few decades when someone writes a biography for Musk, the lawsuit will compose a full and a very important chapter in that book. it truly reflects his mentality/way of thinking, how different from others.
I agree with you. this circus is a waste of judicial resources and Musk's time. But if he wants to spare it, so let it be.