Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that apply to a single entity or individual, or could for example a family clan acquire a bigger stake without disclosing?

They thought of that :p:
(b) Any person who, directly or indirectly, creates or uses a trust, proxy, power of attorney, pooling arrangement or any other contract, arrangement, or device with the purpose of effect of divesting such person of beneficial ownership of a security or preventing the vesting of such beneficial ownership as part of a plan or scheme to evade the reporting requirements of section 13(d) or (g) of the Act shall be deemed for purposes of such sections to be the beneficial owner of such security.

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR)

Just spotted this - Tesla amongst others implicated.

First of all, child exploitation like this is deplorable and needs to be stopped. Of course it’s not exactly the purchasers fault, but the supplier and the poor morals of those printing from the cold labour.

with regards to Tesla, I thought they explicitly stated they didn’t use cobalt from DRC??

Tech firms sued over DR Congo cobalt mining deaths

Let's summarize the results of today's Brokeberg Raid:

14:07 $381.475 20K shares traded 5 min before 'Broking Newz'
16:00 $381.50 740K shares traded in the last minute of the session​

That's a Net Loss. Nice try, Shortzes but... :D

breaking-news-you-just-got-burned-burn-meme.jpg

... ya burnt.

Cheers!

Does that apply to a single entity or individual, or could for example a family clan acquire a bigger stake without disclosing?

As long as they are truly separate entities, acting as individuals, they would not need to disclose merely because (for example) an extended family's holding exceeded 5%. I imagine a husband and wife would need to disclose. If there was an extended family (or other group) that was acquiring for the purpose of a take-over, they would need to disclose.

I'll never tell. But it's a lot less than a million!

Here's two more tips:

1) Never use margin (but I'm glad this one worked out for you).
2) Never sell calls in the middle of a bull run.

and a bonus tip:

3) You will make the most money if you don't care about money. :)
All make sense.

I'm working on my margin. It's $7.5k currently, down from $23k and less than half the value of my calls, so feeling pretty comfortable about it, but it was very stressful to have it at $177.
The repeat of it seems very highly unlikely, but the lesson applies nevertheless.

The last point, however, only applies when you have more than you need. So, not an easy state to achieve.

Just spotted this - Tesla amongst others implicated.

First of all, child exploitation like this is deplorable and needs to be stopped. Of course it’s not exactly the purchasers fault, but the supplier and the poor morals of those printing from the cold labour.

with regards to Tesla, I thought they explicitly stated they didn’t use cobalt from DRC??

Tech firms sued over DR Congo cobalt mining deaths
Lawsuit article: “They say the companies failed to regulate their supply chains and instead profited from exploitation.”
Tesla impact report (https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/tesla-impact-report-2019.pdf): “
While Tesla’s responsible sourcing practices apply to all materials and supply chain partners, we recognize the conditions associated with select artisanal mining (ASM) of cobalt in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). To assure the cobalt in Tesla’s supply chain does not come from ASM sites, we have implemented targeted due diligence procedures for cobalt sourcing.
We have visited many cobalt mines and processing plants that support Tesla’s main supply chain, as well as potential future suppliers throughout the world. We discuss with these suppliers the major risks they face and the practices they have implemented to mitigate these risks. Safeguards include chain of custody controls and iterative checks performed from mining through customer delivery to combat illegal or artisanal ore use; on-site security and access control; hiring practices and management engagement to protect against child labor onsite; internal and third-party audit practices; and engagement with local communities to maintain a positive social license to operate.

So do we anticipate margin calls for today/tonight leading to more covering tomorrow?

Assuming the highest shirt is around 380 and 360 is the average. VW style Margin call happens around $420 for the stubborn one.

It is worthwhile to buy $500 options lottery ticket in case this hapoens. But I wouldn't put too much of your portfolio in it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Investors Business Daily
Monday Tesla added to Leaderboard

Mod: It appears that the entire contents of a copyrighted article were posted. This is against the terms of service (and the law). Most of it was irrelevant to this thread, and deleted. --ggr

Tesla stock was added to IBD Leaderboard on Monday, joining AMD stock. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
When there are stock movement days like today, I think of the employees that have hopefully held their stock and can feel even better about the job they do and the success of the product they make. End of year is always a challenging time with vacations and various end of year pressures so this is welcome.

I hope they feel as good as I do on days like this because they make days like this possible.

Thanks from this grateful shareholder!

This.

Holding through the rough patches and being down a painful amount, I would tell myself that shouldering the pain is part of my contribution and small compared to effort the folks at Tesla have put in.

As a result, I also knew I won’t feel one damn bit guilty for the outsize gains we longs will enjoy in coming years no matter what anyone might say. :)