Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. Does this mean FatherRussia is launching an export extortion of cars on US? Please chelp, konfuzed.

OT

perhaps,

sometimes the media in general has near unanimity on a misinformation campaign (Tesla)

and

sometimes the media in general falls into two groupings with competing misinformation campaigns (forbidden topic)

perhaps.

Had to laugh as I watched CNBC thru Power Lunch figuring this must be a developing story they would cover. LOL when they put up the board with new highs. Still no mention of where Tesla had been trading today.

596133B5-6861-42C2-9B6E-70A381A521FA.png

Before the end of the hour there was a brief, very brief mention of where Tesla was trading at. Maybe their regular analysts were taking care of nose bleeds and couldn’t be bothered to give some insight into the stock.

Last edited:
When there are stock movement days like today, I think of the employees that have hopefully held their stock and can feel even better about the job they do and the success of the product they make. End of year is always a challenging time with vacations and various end of year pressures so this is welcome.

I hope they feel as good as I do on days like this because they make days like this possible.

Thanks from this grateful shareholder!

When there are stock movement days like today, I think of the employees that have hopefully held their stock and can feel even better about the job they do and the success of the product they make. End of year is always a challenging time with vacations and various end of year pressures so this is welcome.

I hope they feel as good as I do on days like this because they make days like this possible.

Thanks from this grateful shareholder!
42 that!

Dan Ives from Wedbush just now on CNBC TV:

"Right now if you look at underlying production numbers that could come out of China, and as well as in Europe, I would be the first one to say all credit to Musk & Tesla. They have proved many wrong, including us that there was a near term issue, and I think right now you are seeing the shorts go into hibernation mode, until they can prove there is another issue, but for right now I think you will see the stock continue to go up in a short squeeze"

Anchors looked stunned.

I've been an avid investor for the past 30 years and my observation is that most "common sense" investment advice and "rules of thumb" are just plain wrong! Portfolio balancing falls at the top of the list. Sure, if you want mediocre returns and can't stomach a little volatility, balance your portfolio, sell your biggest winners and be glad that your balance never moves very much. :rolleyes:

I never would have retired at age 37 if I had sold off portions of my biggest winners as they took over my portfolio. Sell your winners when they are done outperforming the market and not before! :cool:
How many of 1/17 320s did you buy?
Please don't tell me it's a million :p

Solid find. I wish I bought more than one, but margin anxiety is holding me back. :mad:
Sold this a.m. at 370, did not expect the runup to continue short term, but I was wrong...
Anyway, thanks for $3k. ;)

Don't hesitate to share more of these :rolleyes:.

Not planning on selling any shares.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
How many of 1/17 320s did you buy?
Please don't tell me it's a million :p

I'll never tell. But it's a lot less than a million!

Solid find. I wish I bought more than one, but margin anxiety is holding me back. :mad:
Sold this a.m. at 370, did not expect the runup to continue short term, but I was wrong...
Anyway, thanks for $3k. ;)

Don't hesitate to share more of these :rolleyes:.

Here's two more tips:

1) Never use margin (but I'm glad this one worked out for you).
2) Never sell calls in the middle of a bull run.

and a bonus tip:

3) You will make the most money if you don't care about money. :)

Wot the hell was this at closing? Looks like the Burj Khalifa decorated for Christmas!

View attachment 488940
There was a AH trade of 2.3 million shares at 16:04, not very far from one billion dollar in a single minute.

Never seen anything like this, any guesses?
Looks like Margin Calls & auto assigns :)

This happens every day at the market closing. In the quote above, elesalle has the likely explanations for why the last-minute trading volume was especially high today.

Investopedia: Market-On-Close Order or MOC Definition

Last edited:
There was a AH trade of 2.3 million shares at 16:04, not very far from one billion dollar in a single minute.

Never seen anything like this, any guesses?

TDAmeritrade shows 629k shares at 4:00, and nothing impressive after that.

is there a limit to the amount of shares that can be purchased before someone has to announce a position?

At 5% ownership you must file with SEC within 10 days.
Acquiring more than 5% of a publicly traded company