Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 4 different metrics for "All-Time-High". They are:
  • Highest Open SP
  • Highest Intraday SP
  • Highest Closing SP
  • Highest Low SP
We've taken out one of those records highs already today (previous record intraday high was $389.61).

The next record of significance is the Highest Closing SP (currently $388.27)

TSLA.389.61-ATH-surpassed-intraday.2019-12-18.png

So that'll be the bun fight at the Close today. It's significat because the Closing SP is in many ways the Data of Record for the day's trading, shown in long-term charts. If we can take out the September 2017 data overhang, that's one less timber in the Shortzes frame house ceiling.

Cheers!

P.S. I expect the record "Highest Opening SP" will be taken out soon, perhaps by Friday, as the Upper-BB tracks above the previous highest Opening SP ($386.89). If that happens on an "Up" day with a small MMD, then the record "Highest Low SP" could fall that day too. :D

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2019-12-18.09-30.png

You know, when this first broke out after Q3 earnings, I had asked in this thread about how margin calls on the shorts were going to go, to try to time the market to lock in my gains.

I didn't actually sell anything. FOMO caused me to set my limits too high on my lotto call, and I didn't touch the stock (other than to add).

Yeah.

At $393, I'm glad I didn't sell anything.
That's kinda what I did. After getting a taste for blood during the Q3 results (a couple calls made a few grand) I bought several at different prices for late December on the cheap. I was hoping for leaked numbers etc. again but looks like I didn't even need that.

Reactions: Lessmog
I mean are we actually talking squeeze scenario here?
We can debate what a squeeze is all day long. But at this point the shorts are under pressure. They will get relief if the delivery report and/or earnings are received poorly. If they are received well, then we see some real squeezy action.