Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, ATH of 395.22, and I've now made enough off Tesla in realized and paper gains to completely pay off my dual motor Model 3. If that OTA upgrade to a P or almost P is available, I'll buy it. I wish I had sold my extra land 2 years ago to invest more in Tesla, instead of in May/June.. (But June was a good month to get in!)

Yeah, I wish I had sold my house, spouse, child, and cat back in June. Wait, did I say that aloud?

Really enjoyed the conversation I just had with my wife. "Remember the really stupid big purchase I made at $382 after the going private announcement? After staring at it in the red for 15 months, happy to report that we have now made over $30k on that trade" So glad when TSLA makes me look like I know what I'm doing. :)
Yeah, we're not all flush with money like some other lucky bastards ;) here. In fact, still a worse performance than S&P over the same time, but finally it's starting to feel good, like you've not made a terrible mistake.

Hopefully, in a few years it will feel a lot better.

Not to pile on or anything, but NL+NO+SP is now 90.7% above the prior highest quarter through this point in said quarter. (12,198 vs 6,396). Should this continue through the end of the year, those 3 countries would have about 23,500 deliveries this quarter.

Also, today that triumvirate officially passed Q3, which was the highest prior quarter. 8 delivery days to go, if you don't count weekends or the Christmas holiday.

View attachment 489713

That NL-NO-SP delivery graph doesn’t seem very up to date. The last day shows a flat line. Yet, on Monday we had 648 Model 3 deliveries in The Netherlands and yesterday 665, a new record. Today’s number is not known yet, but Norway had 106 deliveries today, so that flat line has to be at least three days old. The real graph is looking like the SP graph at the moment.

Power hour. 400 let's do this.

3jv9wa.jpg

Back when the stock fell below $200 this past summer, I was posting on a non-Tesla related forum. We were all posting pictures of our cars. I posted my Model S and said, "Ain't she sweet?" One of the other posters replied with this:

"My put position on TSLA can buy twenty of those (new). Sweet indeed!!"

Of course, other posters joined in and bashed Tesla - pointed out the fires in China, and then a crash on AP, etc. They were having a good ole circle jerk. Of course, I let them have their fun. But I can't tell you how satisfying it was today to let him know that not only had those 20 new Tesla's vanished, but if he didn't cover soon, he'd be buying me my next Tesla.

You gotta enjoy the good days when you can!

Back when the stock fell below $200 this past summer, I was posting on a non-Tesla related forum. We were all posting pictures of our cars. I posted my Model S and said, "Ain't she sweet?" One of the other posters replied with this:

Of course, other posters joined in and bashed Tesla - pointed out the fires in China, and then a crash on AP, etc. They were having a good ole circle jerk. Of course, I let them have their fun. But I can't tell you how satisfying it was today to let him know that not only had those 20 new Tesla's vanished, but if he didn't cover soon, he'd be buying me my next Tesla.

I'm definitely pro carpe diem, but it's all about the last laugh. And that one's in the bag.

In possibly unrelated news, over on Twitter the account of Mark BS has been suspended.

Maybe it's against their rules to pawn your Twitter account...

PS. So sorry, I happened to end up on a suspended parody account of said "gentleman".

Yea, cause he's still over there is delusionville thinking something he tweets is REALLY going to affect the SP. Poor dude is in a bad spot. Can't say I feel bad for him. In fact, quite contrarily, I'm downright enjoying it. I hope it gets 50 times worse for him. I can't really even post what I wish for him.

Here is a thought to explain the recent surge in TSLA..

On DEC 10th - Aramaco went public and the Saudi family (rumored to once be interested in taking TSLA private) received a bucket of cash.

Look at the price of TSLA since their IPO - it has been unconventionally up and up.

Could some of that cash sitting in their bucket be deployed into acquiring TSLA shares since they want a piece of the Company to 1) front run the likely increase due to S&P inclusion or 2) just to give them something to have in the garage sorta speak - help's with future branding and washing away smell of oil...

If true - the irony of oil money being used to boost TSLA and wipe out all shorts is beyond awesome.. Someone we all know once said - faith loves irony.. This would be it..

Cheers to those who have withstood the nonsense over the past couple of years, especially this last one. Here is to the crazy ones!

I don’t think being short via puts has much of any impact on the SP. If they’re in the green, they get exercised, causing a buy on the open market, and a pre-arranged sale at a set price. If not, they expire worthless and whoever sold the puts pockets the money from them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
Yea, cause he's still over there is delusionville thinking something he tweets is REALLY going to affect the SP. Poor dude is in a bad spot. Can't say I feel bad for him. In fact, quite contrarily, I'm downright enjoying it. I hope it gets 50 times worse for him. I can't really even post what I wish for him.
He is clearly a horrible person.