Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you not love this guy?
892C3563-0CED-4DA4-BD17-44FEBA6EE14E.png

And Elon’s compensation maxes out at a market cap of $650B. About 10x today’s. That would net him $100B. “A tidy sum”. I plan to hang on til he maxes out his compensation :)
Yeah, its 1% of TLSA shares per tranche, awarded for $50B increments in MktCap, for a total of 12% by the time we reach $650B (which is about $74B for Elon).

But remember, Elon currently holds 20% which will also be subject to that appreciation in SP, so 32% of $650B is about $208B if he acheives 100% of the milestones in his contract.

Say, $8B for living expenses, interests, and taxes, that leaves him pretty close to $200B when the current compensation plan runs its course. Clearly, Elon will need more resources to build the first city on Mars, but I suspect SpaceX/Starlink will outperform TSLA as an investment for Elon. Yeah, he'll do okay... :D

Cheers!

P.S. Both Apple and Microsoft are trillion dollar companies. No reason to believe Tesla will stop or peak at $650. Planitia Arcadia, here we come.

This guy is right on! People need to pay attention to his perspectives and learn from him. And imagine how much his shares are worth now (not having ever sold a single share from 2012).

I love the way he emphasizes the human component to the valuation of a companies stock.

Yeah, I am so glad Dave T has started sharing his insights with these videos. I've watched two of them so far and they are definitely worth it.

I’m not sure how critics or shorts can handle this avalanche. Every announcement they must just be thinking “phew now we have time to work on our FBI story” then Elon comes right back with “here’s our annual software update filled with goodies, even some FSD” now everyone’s like “WTF Tesla owners have annual Christmas software parties!”
But besides that we have the great Tesla charging merger today, speed boost package yesterday, China is about to go Tesla crazy, so many cars to be delivered that they need volunteers, I mean these are all very short term surprises.
But even when they get something negative out it gets flipped. “Tesla cutting prices in China...demand?” Wall Street is like “crap they keep making these cars cheaper, huge tech advantage!” Well since that didn’t work let’s go back to our battery fires...”kids driving car 116mph into tree causes Tesla fire”...ok Elon has given away 17,000 shares to charity! What’s up with that! “That Elon Musk is quite charitable around the holidays...what a guy!”
All these stories crammed into one week. Wait till battery day comes.
But in the meantime Cybertruck will keep trolling the internet.

No, don't get excited.

Somehow, I doubt many will believe FSD is ready for prime time. After all, AP has been running for a couple of years in a Beta mode.

Ross Gerber might talk about it on CNBC, but they will not believe him.

However, is it a good sign for some calls?
Wish they were for 5 years, not 2. :rolleyes:

007 with his loads of 2022 400s is set for the private island, sure thing.

I'll be looking at some Jun'22 options as a bet on FSD. Especially if they have some very high strike prices such as $800. Although you may be right that it'll take 4-5 years for FSD + Tesla Network to really convince the market.

Does anybody know when the Jun'22 options will come out?

I don't think this will work. You will get your share for $408 or whatever... The best price.

If you really want 420.69, you have to wait for SP to pass the number, then put you limit order in and pray that it returns in a minute to this lower value before resuming the climb.
Stop limit order.

Here in NM EVGo’s charger costs 35cents per minute. That seems insanely high. My 2013 S has free supercharging so I have no idea how that compares to non-free supercharging rates but it sure seems high.

For a 50kw chademo, that's about 42 cents per kwh. For a 100kw CCS, that would be 21 cents/kwh. It might be more expensive than supercharger rates, but if it's convenient to your preferred stop, a few cents (or even a few dollars) extra might be worth it.

I’ve always understood when Elon said FSD would be feature complete by year end, it simply meant that they had a working set of all the pieces to FSD they needed. From there they would be working on improving and refining it as more AI real world examples got fed into it. At some point that would then be ready to submit for govt approval.

I ordered FSD but don’t think it will be truly Full self driving in the near term. Hard to believe some people seem to think it will be. Heck think about how long it takes a kid to grow up and drive a car and how even at 18 will still make judgment and driving mistakes...and even after many years of driving. That said am impressed with the progress made and heck even the attempt to try this. Look forward to seeing where we are ten, twenty years down the road. In the meantime if used as intended as a driving assist, does provide better driving experience and do believe safer one.