Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @kbM3 for posting that link. I thought I was going to record 5 minutes on my thoughts about today's $400+ close, but ended up sharing for over 30 minutes!
DaveT, I credit you for getting me involved in TMC while reading your posts from October 2012. Back then you were TMC's FC, KR and AD put together. Tesla's vision was a lot less certain then, however you pieced it all together when few were listening and if you thought the FUD was bad now? Once the MS came out and won Motor Trends Car of the Year Award, that to me made the dream real. Glad you are posting in this thread again. Don't worry about al the chaff here. If you have something to say, it will be read (or heard) by many. Thanking you in advance.

Keep your eyes on Tencent and Tesla. This is about a lot more than mahjong. Tencent has already reported a 5% ownership stake in Tesla. Imagine if Tesla was partnering with Apple, which had taken a 5% stake in Tesla. We would have multiple threads following the implications of that.

And just one of the implications might relate to this SP run. Tencent might be buying more shares. Or any large Chinese investor might be accumulating now that MIC M3s are being spit out on what was vacant land at the start of this year.

There’s so many positive catalysts for Tesla now (FSD, potential S&P inclusion, ships arriving in Europe) that I feel we are underestimating how gargantuan the upside is from China, and how ripe it is. We’re not just talking about the future. It’s happening now.

View attachment 490542
(This is actually my e-bike with a load of groceries on the back.)

And, before trashing micromobility too much in this thread, and to make this all on-topic (somewhat)... it's worth a reminder that Musk has floated the idea of a Tesla e-bike. If this comes to fruition, micromobility becomes a revenue source for Tesla, too.
$420 or $420.69 or any other number in our accounts.

I would love to see what Tesla would do with the E-Bike designed by first principals, can guaranty you that it would look nothing like E-bikes out there today. And lawn mowers, snow blowers, power tools, the sky is the limit for Tesla new battery products. Honda is a good example (I believe they started with motorbikes) that has a wide range of offerings including vehicles.