Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man... I didn't want to have to do this, but... I just got some fresh footage from $TSLAQ Central, and I could've just sat on it, but it's not really fair to you guys, so I just pasted it below.

source.gif
Mostly they are whining about the market being rigged etc.

Had an ice breaker at work the other day, where we were supposed to say our hobbies...

I literally couldn't think of anything other than driving my Model 3, admiring my Model 3, reading Tesla forums, and watching TSLA while wishing I had more money to invest. :oops:

Tesla is all consuming!
Eating crabs? (I grew up in MD)

A note about negative news that has in the past gone against Tesla: I hate to see anyone pass away in a vehicle crash, but yahoo and Fox News did not go for clickbait when writing the headline for the story on the crash at over 110mph.
NTSB finds excessive speed caused Tesla crash that killed 2 | Fox Business
https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/teen-tesla-driver-100-mph-202043101.html

Where other headlines have chosen to blame Tesla, there are a few that stand out in reporting the main issue. I’m use to seeing this being painted against electric cars, so it caught me off guard.

If people have a choice to sell now or Jan 1, all things being equal, most will opt to wait for the new tax year right? (assuming a gain not a loss) I'm trying to figure out if we will see profit taking or if people will be greedy and hold/buy.

I saw this too late, and because I'm a Noob, I got a message.. buy order filled :confused:
I guess I'll have to spring for another at 420.69
I did the exact same thing. lol Submitted the correct order for a 420 share though.

I definitely believe the shorts will do anything possible to avoid headlines saying "TSLA stock hits 420 lol".

Last edited:
Not sure if this is helpful but... Tesla Service asked me to come in for the HW3 upgrade for my 2018 Model S upgrade... in November

I finally got a chance to do so in early December, Everything went very smoothly, great service experience and my confidence in NAO has never been stronger, the car changes lanes very confidently.... I noticed slightly different graphics on screen as well, but I am not sure I know what all the changes are.... car shows safety cones, motorcycles, lane details...

I drive NOA at least 2x every day.

don't get too excited. im sure a lot of people will take their winnings today, last real day before Christmas gets going for many, and sit out the holidays. I wouldn't be surprised to see red today.
Im expecting 420 by mid jan, 430-440 by end maybe.

You're like that little devil on my shoulder saying "Sell just a little, it could all vanish with some new FUD story." Then I ask myself, "So where's my buyin point ?", to which you'd see my deer eyes. So I'm along for the ride I guess.... already hit my 420. Even if it just stayed flat for a year I'd still be a huge success.

Like corporations, these investors need to show gains and quarterly progress is my guess (IDK but why would it be any different). Meanwhile, I have no selling pressure as I'm still accumulating for CyberTruck and then "____" (that which we have not seen yet). That's my advantage here (plus I can trade off hours and not move the needle... yet).

So folks, what's better?

10x Jan 2021 $650 @ $14 per contract
2x Jan 2021 $420 @ $66
4x Jan 2021 $590 @ $34

They are totally different instruments with different characteristics, risk profiles and payouts. Since no one can predict the future, it's really up to what you believe and what your goals are (besides to make money, lol!).

I like the risk/return profile of the $650's. But they are the ones with the most chance of expiring worthless (not that I think that will happen, but it's a very definite possibility). They are also the ones with the highest reward potential (due to leveraging so many more shares for the same initial investment).

current decline reasons:

1. longs taking profit from all time high
2. longs taking profit for Christmas
3. longs taking profit for end of year gains
4. shorts jumping in at all time high
5. oil money hoping to delay the inevitable

I think I'll take the reasons in the order given.

current buying reasons:

1. improving Tesla fundamentals
2. impending FSD
3. GF3 already in production
4. high production and delivery numbers for the quarter
5. impending Model Y release
6. investor battery day anticipation
7. OTA paid upgrades
8. more games coming as an indicator for app store
9. finally charging for premium access as previously indicated

honestly, other than the simply amazing ramp of GF3 I'm not seeing much there. What I mean is that fundamentals is "just" more of the same, FSD will be pending (until it isn't), P&D should be good but may not be record breaking, Model Y and battery is just speculation, new revenue streams have potential but are not proven.

But regardless of the substance, or lack thereof, there's lots of buying interest so far even if the balance is -- so far -- favoring the selling interest. So I have to keep a close eye on the stock to see which one wins out. I'm not considering selling and I can't buy, but I'm captivated.

The volume on these drops seems to be getting lower. I think. Still learning to read the charts. Sellers running out of steam?

They are totally different instruments with different characteristics, risk profiles and payouts. Since no one can predict the future, it's really up to what you believe and what your goals are (besides to make money, lol!).

I like the risk/return profile of the $650's. But they are the ones with the most chance of expiring worthless (not that I think that will happen, but it's a very definite possibility). They are also the ones with the highest reward potential (due to leveraging so many more shares for the same initial investment).
That's been my novice strategy. I believe this stock will go crazy high at some point, so I buy calls that are super cheap that expire around quarterly deliveries or financials. I can't stomach losing 10 calls at $500 each, but 10 at $50 isn't so bad. So far so good.

• Helpful
Reactions: FrankSG and UncaNed
Not sure if this is helpful but... Tesla Service asked me to come in for the HW3 upgrade for my 2018 Model S upgrade... in November

I finally got a chance to do so in early December, Everything went very smoothly, great service experience and my confidence in NAO has never been stronger, the car changes lanes very confidently.... I noticed slightly different graphics on screen as well, but I am not sure I know what all the changes are.... car shows safety cones, motorcycles, lane details...

I drive NOA at least 2x every day.

Reference point of interest: does your car have MCU1 (made before March 2018) or MCU2 (made March 2018 or later)?
Mine is Feb 2018 with MCU1, curious to hear if they have started upgrading those yet ...