Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
big day today.
will we drop back below 400 at anything less than magnificence, or is this the turning point that defines sticking in a new and higher trading range for the months to come?

How do you want that answered?

a) like a boss
b) with tinfoil hat
c) without tinfoil hat
d) as Mr. Toothbrush
e) with green eggs and ham
f) as a Shakespearean soliloquy
g) by random draw from a tuque

I thought this was a Tesla and Tesla investment thread. This Roth/IRA etc. talk may be important to some but is not directly relevant to this thread in my opinion. Especially to those outside the US. Didn't want to mention this a few pages back, expected it would've stopped by now but still seems to be going on.

Suggest we change the topic to the F5ing that commences very shortly instead?
Maybe it’s OT, but more relevant than most of the stuff talked about on here. Should be easy enough to skip over if you’re not interested.

Reactions: UncaNed
I thought this was a Tesla and Tesla investment thread. This Roth/IRA etc. talk may be important to some but is not directly relevant to this thread in my opinion. Especially to those outside the US. Didn't want to mention this a few pages back, expected it would've stopped by now but still seems to be going on.

Suggest we change the topic to the F5ing that commences very shortly instead?

I second every part of this post.

I mean, if this was idle weekend chat, sure... but it's been going on and on, here on a big day.

Anyone else think it's odd that Tesla has had blog-posts/official-news every month except:

June
October
November

...and December really wasn't much (safety ratings were doubled up with previous months posts/news).

News | Tesla
If you look at the main Tesla twitter account, it has also cut back on posts. I wonder if Tesla has cut back on some of those employees or moved them to other stuff. I don't think either of those things are all that important to sales anymore. Elon's twitter has more news most times anyways.

I was hoping anytime now ...

yes, hit us with it.

i wasn't clear before when replying to @TheTalkingMule about TE
what i meant was that https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/47313d21-3cac-4f69-9497-d161bce15da4
TE put up line items 362m and 409m last two quarters at a cost of 326 and 314 respectviely

i said i was hoping to see 500 at some point this year... to be clear i meant net.

if they continue to grow the rev and control the cost, that doesn't seem to be too distant a reality. clearing those incremental hurdles like 1/2b might wake some people up to the possibility that 1b is imminent from that line, thus revaluing

then again, how many who are honestly valuing tesla aren't including TE, as opposed to whats said in MSM...i know we all think sky's limit, but we are at ATH, some of those expectation must surely baked in. i just don't know what % is.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Possibly. But what would that do to margin & profit ?

For eg. if they lower the price by $2k and reduce the margin by 2 pp - they will make less money even if they sell 10k more cars.

If q1 demand were to be bad, it hurts no matter how you slice it. My impression of Tesla is that if the choice between cutting production and lowering prices had roughly equal consequences, that they would rather keep production high.

I was just asking why you would assume they would cut production in such a scenario.

Also to stay on topic, do you have any advice on Roth vs. traditional IRA:) ?

Could be until after market tomorrow. Let the shorts roast all weekend if its a good number... Or let us roast all weekend if its a bed number.
That's the great thing. Even if it's it's really bad we get a dip but most of us here held out down to $180. $350 wouldn't even register. However, if it's good? All the shorts who are waiting to cover or those who doubled down/got in based on ATHs are toast.

If the number is just meh, will be released today. Otherwise tomorrow pre market...

my gut says the later it is released, the worse it likely is.

while we're waiting, here's my official prediction: 102,500. Model 3 doing swell, S/X continue to disappoint (which is a shame because the S is the world's finest automobile bar none right now).

If you look at the main Tesla twitter account, it has also cut back on posts. I wonder if Tesla has cut back on some of those employees or moved them to other stuff. I don't think either of those things are all that important to sales anymore. Elon's twitter has more news most times anyways.

Indeed, the Tesla Twitter account died a death, it’s pretty obvious the the “absolute unit” guy left quite some time ago. Shame!