Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the FUD on the Model 3 (especially from those who have not really driven the car) is growing tiresome. Like many on this board, I own a Model 3. I have had ZERO issues. I have owned a lot of cars in my life (many considered some of the best in the world), and this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned (and has been one of my favorites). The paint is perfect, the tech has worked flawlessly, it is incredibly fun to drive, it is unbelievably quick, and I have had no issues with range reduction in some very cold weather. On the price reduction, this seems to be inline with Elon's plan for all of the Tesla vehicle fleet - pass along savings to the consumer. The traditional auto manufacturers, by the way, discount their cars every day - I have always gotten thousands off of MSRP without all that much negotiating (this is on top of the constant incentives that are being thrown on even the most popular models (look at the discounts already on Chevy's very new Silverado)).Tesla being transparent on pricing is somehow viewed as a bad thing, and Musk getting prices closer to where analysts and others say he needs to get them to is also somehow viewed as bad.

Bottom-line, in my view, the Tesla shorts and those against this company for other economic reasons are growing ever more desperate - the ridiculous "bad news" stories lately that seem to come as soon as the stock starts to run higher are further evidence of their desperation. Tesla is doing everything it said it would, and doing it even better than at least I had anticipated. Tesla is changing industries that fear change. Because of this, unfortunately, the FUD will continue - we all need to continue to fight the FUD with facts.

Last edited:
Look at 3+X3 sales numbers (etc) and you'll see that BMW's sales numbers are fine, it's just that sales have flipped from sedans to crossovers.

The concern for them is what happen if Tesla is able to survive and deliver the Model Y, which would directly attack the crossover market.

If the Trump administration decided to impose a punitive tariff on cars from the EU, and the EU responded in kind, that would really kill Tesla since it's depending in part on the European market for sales of the Model 3. I'd hope that the EU would exempt BEVs, just to spite the Trump administration, but given the potential of the Model 3 and Model Y in European markets, I'm sure that the EU would be happy to allow Tesla to be killed.

TSLA is not the one fighting for survival whether you realize it or not. That was way back in 2018.

Model 3 steals market not only from the 3 series, but overall from the luxury class. BMW/Daimler have a lot of products in that class and their financial results speak for themselves.

BTW, why are you so sure the EU wants TSLA to be killed? Based on what?

TSLA is not the one fighting for survival whether you realize it or not. That was way back in 2018.

Model 3 steals market not only from the 3 series, but overall from the luxury class. BMW/Daimler have a lot of products in that class and their financial results speak for themselves.

BTW, why are you so sure the EU wants TSLA to be killed? Based on what?

It's an interesting notion. The EU wants the number of EVs on their roads to increase dramatically. Penalizing US vehicle imports, but carving out an exception for EVs, would be an interesting possibility that I hadn't considered.

(As for today's market action: "Hey, you can feel free to bottom out any minute now!" :Þ 1,5% behind NASDAQ... on no news.... actually, I take that back, on good news... )

Buying back mar360 calls sold prior to ER (+8.8) at 1.90$. They will probably go lower (or to 0) but I don’t want to keep the finds tied up.

I was considering "do I press like or love on that", but then I remembered those were naked, weren't they?

THwE.gif

Last edited: