Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 65% of my shares back bought over previous few trading days...if I buy now the rest of 35% it will be close to a wash for me(maybe sightly down)...not too worried about since I bought all my shares around 200 level....ironic thing is this, I actually was number 1200 on original model s list and I had 2000 shares at 17.00 when i put my original deposit down lol...i sold when Elon announced model S was going to be 70-100K rather than the 40-65K he originally said...damn if elon didn't exaggerate about that low price of original model s Id still have those shares at 17.00!!...:)...woulda shoulda coulda.
@mact3333
By any chance was that you at the GulfCoast Town Center Supercharger yesterday?
Florida
Nice to meet an EVangelist.

Cold Pursuit is a remake of the Norweigan film, Kraftidioten: In Order of Disappearance - Wikipedia - so maybe it's a nod to NO's EV culture.
That explains why instead of "in order of appearance" at the end of the movie, they had the credits listed "in order of disappearance"!

While the Model X is seen multiple times, I did see a BMW i3 clearly taking up most of the shot for a good second or so during one point of the movie (it was in the foreground during a camera pan), too. The remake was set in the US so I didn't make any connection to Norway, but this makes more sense now.

Reactions: Tslynk67
I'd been telling my kid brother to buy since about $25. Nope, somehow he was always waiting for a pullback. He finally relented and bought last Monday. He's happy with his gains for the week, but told me today it makes him feel physically sick looking at what I've made over the last few years and the fortune he's missed out on.

It's always a good time to buy TSLA :)

A friend of mine was approaching his 65th birthday, so I asked him when he was planning to quit work. He said "when they piss me off".

He retired last year..:p

Pretty much the way it worked with me.

Since then, I have been thinking how grateful I was to the individual that pissed me off. Anyone familiar with the song “Pamela Brown”?

I was active an AMD a few years back, so I know all about the sting of premature gains. That said, locking in housing would be huge for me.

I personally prefer this way of thinking than the other way of thinking. As somebody else has pointed out, the other way of thinking quickly leads to living in a tent, eating beans(*), in a field next to work because all of those savings on housing, food, and transportation could be pouring into Tesla. Do we also go calculate the cost of the more expensive food we bought last week instead of buying more shares of Tesla, and how much that food costs us in 10 years?

Or to be more precise in how I think about it - what did I know and consciously think about AT THE TIME relative to what I acted on at the time, would lead me to a regret today (and a change in behavior in the future)?

I've got one of those that's helped me. Back in 2008 time frame, I remember finding the first of my 'no-doubter' investment opportunities. Took me a few weeks of looking at it again and again to make sure I wasn't missing something. Finally pulled the trigger on it and it worked exactly as I expected it too. At the time, I didn't have the mental framework to have invested more, and that's translated into the regret / change I'd make today (and have made today with Tesla). For years after that investment, I'd tell people the only regret was I didn't do an order of magnitude more than I did.

From which I got the mental framework that's enabled me to put a much, much larger fraction of net worth into Tesla than the previous no-doubter.

I might find another no-doubter investment in my life, and there's a good chance I won't; because I'll have stopped looking.

(*) I should note that beans might be my favorite food, so eating beans - while illustrating an idea - wouldn't actually be that great of a hardship for me :D

I'd been telling my kid brother to buy since about $25. Nope, somehow he was always waiting for a pullback. He finally relented and bought last Monday. He's happy with his gains for the week, but told me today it makes him feel physically sick looking at what I've made over the last few years and the fortune he's missed out on.

It's always a good time to buy TSLA :)

I’m in oil country and I’ve been telling my friends to buy TSLA for years. They all think I’m crazy and I bet they all think TSLA will drop down to previous levels. I even have a steak dinner beat with one friend that TSLA will be over 230 by September this year.

I’m in oil country and I’ve been telling my friends to buy TSLA for years. They all think I’m crazy and I bet they all think TSLA will drop down to previous levels. I even have a steak dinner beat with one friend that TSLA will be over 230 by September this year.
He should hedge down to a sandwich if you accept it right now.

Make no mistake, the Bears will not quit. This is a knife-fight.

Shorts are HODLing
Gregory Ozimec on Twitter
Arguments still the same.
Screenshot_20200113-174420_Chrome.jpg

Edit: actually, at this point with showing so much conviction, I think it's more likely to be manipulators than real shorts.

Last edited: