Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslaquila is coming! Remember Elon said they are just finishing up on getting the glass right. I think we're going to see that "bulletproof" look. The bottle will sport that marque. Well, two marques. :D

This will guarantee a huge number of display only sales. So a limited edition of half a million bottles at $99/bottle. It will sell out in a few days at most. A quick $50M - COGS. Plus everybody talks about it.
Will Cyberboun be next?

This looks significant.

Blackrock to center investment strategy on climate change.

Twitter

BlackRock CEO says the climate crisis is about to trigger 'a fundamental reshaping of finance'

• In an annual letter to CEOs published Tuesday, BlackRock chief executive Larry Fink said: “Climate change has become a defining factor in companies’ long-term prospects.
  • “But awareness is rapidly changing, and I believe we are on the edge of a fundamental reshaping of finance,” he added.
  • BlackRock’s assets under management totaled almost $7 trillion in the third quarter of 2019.
  • “Climate change is almost invariably the top issue that clients around the world raise with BlackRock. From Europe to Australia, South America to China, Florida to Oregon, investors are asking how they should modify their portfolios,” Fink continued.

“And because capital markets pull future risk forward, we will see changes in capital allocation more quickly than we see changes to the climate itself.”

I said this a few weeks ago but short sellers that are opening up positions on this rise are beyond dumb. It’s essentially the prisoners dilemma where you are betting the shares can’t go higher meanwhile your shorting friends are covering behind you causing your new short position to lose money. Not only that but this isn’t losing a few dollars tomorrow hoping to gain it back in the future, we are seeing huge leaps on the covers that is burying any new short position. You’d be so terrified of this price action you’d never short again. I love it.

Price action is absolute insanity, I am loving this.
The universe is a very weird place though; yesterday almost an hour after market close I was physically assaulted by a crazy guy WHILE I WAS IN MY OWN ROOM LYING IN BED. Someone banged on my window, and assuming it was maybe the landlady or something else not-insane, I slid open the window. As soon as the window was ajar, this man threw some weird liquid concoction of pepper juice and citrus (or something) in my face and then punched me in the lip, then grabbed me and tried to pull me physically out the window. I was completely unprepared for this ambush and I am glad I was able to extricate myself from his grip and duck fully back into my room and close the window and call the police. Very very weird and unsettling experience. Probably unrelated to the price action but you never know. There are a lot of haters and crazies out there.

Was he wearing shorts?

In all seriousness that sounds really scary. Glad you ok. Did police catch him?

Almost half a million shares were traded in after-hours trading yesterday, which is very high by historical standards.

The first 2.5 hours of pre-market trading are showing similarly high volumes, 100k shares traded so far, and the volume and price action is indicative of margin call trades after a new all-time-high has been set:

Note that the price move from $537 to $534 was following a macro trend.

I'd expect both the pre-market and regular trading to be sensitive to macro trends. Futures are trending down currently, Nasdaq is projected to open about -0.2% lower at the moment.

920k shares traded in the premarket so far, with another busy hour still left. These are very high volumes.

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate you posting these. :)

Any clue where in the factory south paint is?

No question that it's not operational yet except for testing purposes. The notion is however that they'd start production a month from now if the time between getting that certificate and shipping is similar to the Model 3. My reaction to that possibility is a solid: maybe.

That said, "starting the line" and "mass producing from it" are two entirely separate things. Even "starting the line" doesn't mean immediate deliveries.

Strange how the first half of January only had one ship, but the latter half is packed. I suspect they were having to restock the drawdown in North America, esp. stores, test drive vehicles, etc, and meeting the orders that they weren't able to deliver in Q4.
I thought Canada’s incentive system from last year spent its funding allotment well before end of year. Incentives for 2020 are significant and may have an overall spending cap, so sales may be big in Q1.

Tesla shareprice

ClearcutMajesticCirriped.gif

Exciting times. And I’m wondering if we are watching a perfect storm developing.

I think it’s safe to say we are entering short squeeze territory (or have already crossed that line). The price action yesterday, continuing AH and premarket, surely seems to point that way. If we get more of the crazy price action that accompanies a squeeze and we gain another 100 or 200 points, then normally it is followed by a big correction once the shorts have been pushed out and there is not enough substance to sustain a high market cap.

But – and this is the perfect storm – who would get out of a long position when Tesla might announce stellar Q4 results in 1 or 2 weeks' time, followed by Elon providing a peek into where Tesla will be in 3-4 years’ time. And if that isn’t enough, a high SP can be sustained through expectations for early Model Y launch, GF3 churning out 3,000 cars per week, battery investor day, S&P 500-inclusion (biggy) and - not exactly small change - FSD feature complete and FCA credits.

I’m not selling anything!

Once he runs out of space for unsold model 3 he'll be looking at islands for sure.

You may joke, but you know the $TSLAQ crowd will screenshot your post and claim that even the bull echo-chamber that is TMC admits that thousands of unsold cars are being stashed away, because "Fwaud!", and @ the SEC enforcement in that tweet.

BlackRock CEO says the climate crisis is about to trigger 'a fundamental reshaping of finance'

• In an annual letter to CEOs published Tuesday, BlackRock chief executive Larry Fink said: “Climate change has become a defining factor in companies’ long-term prospects.
  • “But awareness is rapidly changing, and I believe we are on the edge of a fundamental reshaping of finance,” he added.
  • BlackRock’s assets under management totaled almost $7 trillion in the third quarter of 2019.
  • “Climate change is almost invariably the top issue that clients around the world raise with BlackRock. From Europe to Australia, South America to China, Florida to Oregon, investors are asking how they should modify their portfolios,” Fink continued.

“And because capital markets pull future risk forward, we will see changes in capital allocation more quickly than we see changes to the climate itself.”

BlackRock's Larry Fink: Risks from climate change are bigger than the 2008 financial crisis with no Fed to save us

• BlackRock will put “sustainability at the center of our investment approach” — from portfolio construction to launching new investment products that screen fossil fuels.

Was he wearing shorts?

In all seriousness that sounds really scary. Glad you ok. Did police catch him?

Police took an hour to respond. They got my story and took pictures of my smashed lip. The guy may have actually been wearing kakhi shorts I'm not sure tho t'was a blur. Yes it was a super messed up experience. I need to buy my own place and get away from broke people that's my main takeaway here.

Let’s say the mother of all squeezes happens today or this week, and the stock spikes up to $1000 before settling back in the 500s-600s.

In an effort to scoop up some cash to buy more TSLA on the other side of the squeeze, what about laying a bunch of GTC-sell traps for tiny sales every $25 or $50 increase in share price from $550 up to $1000? Then buy more stock when everything calms down?

Dumb? Unimaginative? Broker will screw me? Ideas?

• Helpful
Reactions: kbM3
I'll just let off some steam and say I'm getting FOMO.
I've been quite calm in these days, satisfied that my "buy and hold" strategy has done me well (asp ~230, so I could actually, and for the first time, buy myself a SR+, with VAT and probably some options).

But this SP is getting out of my purchasing power, I fear I'll never be able to buy other shares in the future...
I mean, I could actually buy 2-3 (maybe 4-5) shares, at the moment, but I don't know if it's worth it. I don't know if I should increase my position de-diversifying, I like @KarenRei idea of leveraging on the way down and deleveraging on the way up.
Any reasoned argument is welcome
Oh well.

do not look... premarket OMG

juggled some options to leverage even higher, want to take advantage of this to generate some cash without touching any of my common shares.

paging K.Rand... where to shop for islands ?

IslandsRUs.com

I’m starting to get just a little bit freaked out here as the 20 bagger is closing in rapidly. I have expected the 20 bagger all along. I expect even more. The problem is my brain hasn’t had the required time to adjust from 10 to 20 bagger, so now it’s trying to trick **** me. Yes, it’s a thing.

I had missed this from Black Rock’s Fink - thank you, @sundaymorning (I’d read it at oh-dark-00):

There are a number of commentators, not a small amount of whom are active within this forum, who subscribe to and describe a conspiracy theory involving, among others, corporations within the fossil fuel industry directly assisting a multi-year attempt to hobble Tesla.

To me, Black Rock’s new mission statement puts paid to the conspiracy concept, irrespective of any validity it may have or have had. An organization that has seven trillion dollars of assets under management dwarfs to insignificance the combined firepower this supposed cabal could muster.

How so? Aren’t the full Forces of Darkness (FoD) as large or larger than that? No, not so. Remember: Koch Industries, XOM, CHV, APC.....and all the rest have real businesses to run and real bank loans to service and real problems of their own to handle. Harken to Fink's words: Allocation of capital occurs more quickly than climate change. And the business of Black Rock IS the investment world. They are orders of magnitude more nimble than the FoD - first, they have to be, and second, they have at their disposal exactly what it takes: billions upon billions trillions of dollars. Not pipelines. Not refineries. Not oil fields. The definition of what asset fungibility entails. And Black Rock, mighty as it is, is by no means alone, but has other titans sharing that zeitgeist: from similar trillion-dollar managers like JIF and Norge, to you and me.

So, regardless of whether you like or hate Mr Fink or Black Rock, they have what it takes to get it done.

Interesting times....and hopeful ones.

Note: edited once I got out of bed and off the iPhone and could type with more facility. And...I am so frustrated at those little icons below. What is it that causes disagreement (just a sole vote as I'm typing this)? It's one thing to hit a "Love" button, but when someone has a disagreement, for crying in the mud, respond with something of substance. Both the poster and the rest of the community can learn from that.

Last edited: