Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Police took an hour to respond. They got my story and took pictures of my smashed lip. The guy may have actually been wearing kakhi shorts I'm not sure tho t'was a blur. Yes it was a super messed up experience. I need to buy my own place and get away from broke people that's my main takeaway here.

Or don't open a window just because somebody knocked on it.

You must be too young to have watched Salem's Lot.

Let get Elon his payday!!!!! “ELON ELON ELON, TESLA TESLA TESLA, SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS!”

Surely this has been brought up already but for Elon's options to vest the market cap needs to be over $100B for a trailing 6-month average as well as trailing 30-day. So even if we break $100B today the requirements for the first tranche of the compensation reward will not be met for some time.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash and LJS22
The European Green Deal

Over the next 10 years EU will invest close to € 1.000.000.000.000 - or more or less the value of Norways Sovereign Wealth Fund - with the goal of becoming carbon neutral before year 2050.

The main points:
  • Climate neutral Europe.
  • Circular sustainable economy.
  • Building renovation.
  • Zero-pollution.
  • Ecosystems & biodiversity.
  • Farm to fork strategy.
  • Transport. One year after the EU agreed new CO2 emission standards for cars, the automotive sector is once again in the commission’s firing line. The current objective is to reach 95gCO2/km by 2021. Now, “we need to work towards zero,” sometime in the 2030s an EU official said.

Electric vehicles will be further encouraged with an objective of deploying 1 million public charging points across Europe by 2025. “Every family in Europe needs to be able to drive their electric car without having to worry about the next charging station,” the official explained.

“Sustainable alternative fuels” – biofuels and hydrogen – will be promoted in aviation, shipping and heavy duty road transport where electrification is currently not possible.
  • Money. To “leave no-one behind,” the commission proposes a ‘Just Transition Mechanism’ to help regions most heavily dependent on fossil fuels.
  • R&D and innovation.
  • External relations. Finally, EU diplomatic efforts will be mobilised in support of the Green Deal. One measure likely to attract attention – and controversy – is a proposal for a carbon border tax. As Europe increases its climate ambitions, “we expect the rest of the world to play its role too,” an EU official explained. But if not, Europe is “not going to be naïve,” and will protect its industry against unfair competition, he added.

Sources:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1576150542719&uri=COM:2019:640:FIN
Press corner
The EU releases its Green Deal. Here are the key points

My comments:
We all know someone who can help with the goal of zero CO2 car emissions sometime in the 2030s.

But this is also interesting: “Sustainable alternative fuels” – biofuels and hydrogen – will be promoted in aviation, shipping and heavy duty road transport where electrification is currently not possible.

I belive electrification is possible to a large degree here too:

If only someone could make some large battery banks that could be installed where fast charging is needed!

Or don't open a window just because somebody knocked on it.

You must be too young to have watched Salem's Lot.
Trust me, learned my lesson there. Should have known better in the first place given my background but a guy can't keep his antennas up ALL THE TIME... can he?

Police took an hour to respond. They got my story and took pictures of my smashed lip. The guy may have actually been wearing kakhi shorts I'm not sure tho t'was a blur. Yes it was a super messed up experience. I need to buy my own place and get away from broke people that's my main takeaway here.
Scary stuff! Glad you are ok.

The European Green Deal

Over the next 10 years EU will invest close to € 1.000.000.000.000 - or more or less the value of Norways Sovereign Wealth Fund - with the goal of becoming carbon neutral before year 2050.

The main points:
  • Climate neutral Europe.
  • Circular sustainable economy.
  • Building renovation.
  • Zero-pollution.
  • Ecosystems & biodiversity.
  • Farm to fork strategy.
  • Transport. One year after the EU agreed new CO2 emission standards for cars, the automotive sector is once again in the commission’s firing line. The current objective is to reach 95gCO2/km by 2021. Now, “we need to work towards zero,” sometime in the 2030s an EU official said.

Electric vehicles will be further encouraged with an objective of deploying 1 million public charging points across Europe by 2025. “Every family in Europe needs to be able to drive their electric car without having to worry about the next charging station,” the official explained.

“Sustainable alternative fuels” – biofuels and hydrogen – will be promoted in aviation, shipping and heavy duty road transport where electrification is currently not possible.
  • Money. To “leave no-one behind,” the commission proposes a ‘Just Transition Mechanism’ to help regions most heavily dependent on fossil fuels.
  • R&D and innovation.
  • External relations. Finally, EU diplomatic efforts will be mobilised in support of the Green Deal. One measure likely to attract attention – and controversy – is a proposal for a carbon border tax. As Europe increases its climate ambitions, “we expect the rest of the world to play its role too,” an EU official explained. But if not, Europe is “not going to be naïve,” and will protect its industry against unfair competition, he added.

Sources:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1576150542719&uri=COM:2019:640:FIN
Press corner
The EU releases its Green Deal. Here are the key points

My comments:
We all know someone who can help with the goal of zero CO2 car emissions sometime in the 2030s.

But this is also interesting: “Sustainable alternative fuels” – biofuels and hydrogen – will be promoted in aviation, shipping and heavy duty road transport where electrification is currently not possible.

I belive electrification is possible to a large degree here too:

If only someone could make some large battery banks that could be installed where fast charging is needed!

What a time to be alive!

BlackRock CEO says the climate crisis is about to trigger 'a fundamental reshaping of finance'

• In an annual letter to CEOs published Tuesday, BlackRock chief executive Larry Fink said: “Climate change has become a defining factor in companies’ long-term prospects.
  • “But awareness is rapidly changing, and I believe we are on the edge of a fundamental reshaping of finance,” he added.
  • BlackRock’s assets under management totaled almost $7 trillion in the third quarter of 2019.
  • “Climate change is almost invariably the top issue that clients around the world raise with BlackRock. From Europe to Australia, South America to China, Florida to Oregon, investors are asking how they should modify their portfolios,” Fink continued.

“And because capital markets pull future risk forward, we will see changes in capital allocation more quickly than we see changes to the climate itself.”

If you have the time, the full CEO Letter and Client Letter are worth a read.

What else are you going to do, stare at the TSLA stock ticker?

On a serious note maybe colour coding would work. So off topic posts in orange for example, and on topic posts in black.

It would be very easy to skip all the
off-topic fun stuff and only read the important stuff.

Would save mods a huge amound of time filtering as well. Would ppl be prepared to put in the (minimal) extra effort?

Thoughts anyone?

Orange is the new black.

This is madness. Wonderful time.

No, I don't buy that Fink is legitimately concerned. As I said yesterday, big money has simply realized the returns are now greater here than in their traditional fossil investments.

They've been forced down this avenue and have done everything they possibly could to delay this tipping point. These people would much rather have an investment they could board and manipulate to 10x greater profit.

They'd still sell their mothers to get rich(er).

I'll just let off some steam and say I'm getting FOMO.
I've been quite calm in these days, satisfied that my "buy and hold" strategy has done me well (asp ~230, so I could actually, and for the first time, buy myself a SR+, with VAT and probably some options).

But this SP is getting out of my purchasing power, I fear I'll never be able to buy other shares in the future...
I mean, I could actually buy 2-3 (maybe 4-5) shares, at the moment, but I don't know if it's worth it. I don't know if I should increase my position de-diversifying, I like @KarenRei idea of leveraging on the way down and deleveraging on the way up.
Any reasoned argument is welcome
Oh well.

I am a small investor, I have no idea what I am doing but I believe in the product and their future of Tesla. Right now I have 30k in cash that is been sitting doing nothing when Tesla was at $400. I didn't buy any more because I have 15% of my stock market investments in TSLA but now I feel like I am missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I said this a few weeks ago but short sellers that are opening up positions on this rise are beyond dumb. It’s essentially the prisoners dilemma where you are betting the shares can’t go higher meanwhile your shorting friends are covering behind you causing your new short position to lose money. Not only that but this isn’t losing a few dollars tomorrow hoping to gain it back in the future, we are seeing huge leaps on the covers that is burying any new short position. You’d be so terrified of this price action you’d never short again. I love it.
But last week's mild drop gave them hope. In fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't caused, in part, by new shorting (helped by market makers trying to get the price they wanted). Of course we will never know because they probably already covered into the rise Monday, boosting it even higher.

As last week reminded, at some point the stock will pause or even drop. Undeniably bullish posters here have talked about 10%, 20%, 30% drops during a bull run. And, eventually, the bull run will end. That doesn't mean the stock will necessarily fall back, but surely you can understand how someone who fills their world with "fwaud" and blocks out everything else could find hope in the drops. #TSLAQ block list for the win!

So, no, I don't think the retail shorts who live off of the FUD are terrified of shorting.

Now, just for the sake of argument, $TSLA is currently ~$545 so a ~30% drop would be ~$380. Some here have rejected the possibility of <$500, much less <$400. But it could happen. Or worse, given the "right" macro environment. And, if it did, anyone who shorted $TSLA would be crowing about it. (And any who managed the timing through luck or whatever would make money off of doing so.)

This is madness. Wonderful time.

No, I don't buy that Fink is legitimately concerned. As I said yesterday, big money has simply realized the returns are now greater here than in their traditional fossil investments.

They've been forced down this avenue and have done everything they possibly could to delay this tipping point. These people would much rather have an investment they could board and manipulate to 10x greater profit.

They'd still sell their mothers to get rich(er).

Absolutely, these people don’t care. They’re doing this because the one thing they do care about (ROI) is seriously threatened.

I am a small investor, I have no idea what I am doing but I believe in the product and their future of Tesla. Right now I have 30k in cash that is been sitting doing nothing when Tesla was at $400. I didn't buy any more because I have 15% of my stock market investments in TSLA but now I feel like I am missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

It's gonna go up WAY more than $500s, if you understand what I think most here understand on what they're trying to do and the pipeline.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Price action is absolute insanity, I am loving this.
The universe is a very weird place though; yesterday almost an hour after market close I was physically assaulted by a crazy guy WHILE I WAS IN MY OWN ROOM LYING IN BED. Someone banged on my window, and assuming it was maybe the landlady or something else not-insane, I slid open the window. As soon as the window was ajar, this man threw some weird liquid concoction of pepper juice and citrus (or something) in my face and then punched me in the lip, then grabbed me and tried to pull me physically out the window. I was completely unprepared for this ambush and I am glad I was able to extricate myself from his grip and duck fully back into my room and close the window and call the police. Very very weird and unsettling experience. Probably unrelated to the price action but you never know. There are a lot of haters and crazies out there.

Welcome to Las Vegas