Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I think this is another show of strength for TSLA. I remember reading about this deal and some people saying that the deal was outrageous but Elon would never get his payday. Does not look improbable now!

He also has a $70M Gulfstream G650ER, which sometimes he practically lives out of, but 90+% of his travel is business travel, and pretty much nobody who supports Musk's work wants to see him wasting time traveling coach.

I had a motorhome too. And occasionally used it for business travel. Mine didn't have wings but still. :D

Price action is absolute insanity, I am loving this.
The universe is a very weird place though; yesterday almost an hour after market close I was physically assaulted by a crazy guy WHILE I WAS IN MY OWN ROOM LYING IN BED. Someone banged on my window, and assuming it was maybe the landlady or something else not-insane, I slid open the window. As soon as the window was ajar, this man threw some weird liquid concoction of pepper juice and citrus (or something) in my face and then punched me in the lip, then grabbed me and tried to pull me physically out the window. I was completely unprepared for this ambush and I am glad I was able to extricate myself from his grip and duck fully back into my room and close the window and call the police. Very very weird and unsettling experience. Probably unrelated to the price action but you never know. There are a lot of haters and crazies out there.

Ihor is guessing about the same way as others try and guess the amount of cars Tesla delivers. One can get a very rough idea but no one knows for sure until the facts are released. Just look at the two Ihor charts. He corrects them after the short count is updated so it can be hard to see how far off he is. Those two charts Papafox posted were ones he saved and you can see how they are different because Ihor had to back changes.

(Edited)
Something around 30% daily shorted seems to be normal shorting but that’s packets not shares.

Last edited:
I am actually worried about a VW/Porsche style short squeeze for Tesla.
Was the history that comparable to the perpetual FUD around Tesla? could it actually happen?

It seems to me there is always a new tranche of sellers as the share price rises at least based on the people in this thread willing to tell us. Many people got beat up in the ride to $180 so i can see why it's easy to sell after that (not that i am selling). Especially when the opinion from some is that Tesla is always at the best it will ever get or we will be waiting 10 years to see this price again. Probably some still think Tesla could go under.

Look at someone like Ross Gerber. He seems to have covered the stock for a while but surprisingly didn't seem to shift any strategy after Q3 earnings. Pretty much everyone wrote it off as a one time thing in the wider world at least until now when Q4 started to look better. As Dave indicated in his recent video, 2018 and Q1 2019 massively distorted perception with Tesla. People seem to be catching on now though...

This looks significant.

Blackrock to center investment strategy on climate change.

Twitter

The 2020s will mark a significant change in sentiment around renewable energy, as it will become a way to make money, and fossil fuel investments will be good ways to lose money.

Cheap energy storage was always the lynchpin to a renewable energy future, and that is here.

Roaring 20s 2.0 guys.

Was the history that comparable to the perpetual FUD around Tesla?

It seems to me there is always a new tranche of sellers as the share price rises at least based on the people in this thread willing to tell us. Many people got beat up in the ride to $180 so i can see why it's easy to sell after that (not that i am selling). Especially when the opinion from some is that Tesla is always at the best it will ever get or we will be waiting 10 years to see this price again. Probably some still think Tesla could go under.

Look at someone like Ross Gerber. He seems to have covered the stock for a while but surprisingly didn't seem to shift any strategy after Q3 earnings. Pretty much everyone wrote it off as a one time thing in the wider world at least until now when Q4 started to look better. As Dave indicated in his recent video, 2018 and Q1 2019 massively distorted perception with Tesla. People seem to be catching on now though...

I reckon a lot of the weak longs already got out though. There were a number of what at the time looked like good profit taking opportunities for scared folks:
  • Right after Q3 earnings.
  • Cybertruck dip
  • Iran shenanigans
  • Ben Kallo profit taking dip
Of course not all, but a lot of the non-traders that are holding the stock right now, likely either are holding for the very long term, or recently bought in, and also want a piece of these TSLA profits we've been seeing over the past few months.

The fact that all these dips (Cybertruck, Iran, Kallo) were all very minor, didn't last long, and were followed by massive rallies, should further make people not want to sell right now.

Looking at all these things combined, in the eyes of many market participants it must look foolish to sell TSLA at this point in time. I reckon there are way more small investors trying to get in right now than trying to get out.