Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you start being skeptical, you can’t really stop.. but it helps w conviction and holding thru otherwise unexplainable volatility, so there’s a silver lining at least
Isn't this exactly what trolls for the MM's would say? I've heard this sort of thing so many, many times even decades ago in the pre-social media era, "holding through" was such a commonly parroted meme that even as a non-investor I found it more than a bit grating, it was obviously also a way to leave chumps to "hold through" till they were left holding the bag.

Though I am hodling TSLA of course.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I am sure the French and German governments will be happy to see Tesla take 80% plus EU automotive market share.

The Japanese government will be happy to see Tesla take 80% plus Japanese automotive market share.

The Chinese government will be happy to see Tesla take 80% plus Chinese automotive market share.

Thats how things work in the real world.

That’s the same attitude that’s had many people banging the table about Tesla killers any day now. For years.

That’s the same attitude that had many people claiming Model S, X and 3 vaporware.

That’s the same attitude that had many saying Tesla would only be able to build a factory in China with a JV partner.

That attitude can be applied to so many situations in human history, never mind Tesla related. The list of endless human smugness is littered with blindsided bodies.

Isn't this exactly what a troll for the MM's would say? I've heard this sort of thing so many, many times even decades ago in the pre-social media era, "holding through" was such a commonly parroted meme that even as a non-investor I found it more than a bit grating, it was obviously also a way to leave chumps to "hold through" till they were left holding the bag.
Well I guess your price target is lower than mine. If you’re trading, yes, sell the bag. For my core shares, the volatility doesn’t shake my confidence in my long term price target was my point. I will gladly hold the bag from 950 to 750 w core shares.... considering i am foreseeing the $1,000’s

Btw., even that claim is false: even if an EV is charged from 100% coal electricity, this still cuts pollution dramatically.

The reason is that internal combustion engines are much less efficient, less than 20% of extracted crude oil energy is transformed into kinetic energy, and they cannot recover ~10% of that energy via regenerative braking either, plus they also create much worse local pollution.

I.e. even that cherry picked example is based on a blatant lie.

@FactChecking — I like to add the element of time to your argument as well.

Over time, the the components of an internal combustion engine (rings, gaskets, and seals) wear; it pollutes more and more. Hence, smokey old cars.

Over time, more and more renewable energy is added to the grid. Electric vehicles become cleaner and cleaner. Therefore, the environment becomes healthier and healthier for your children and grandchildren.

Last edited:
This morning, as an offering to the Gods of ATH, I bring an image of the last ICE sports car I will have ever owned.

36E0C85F-EAFA-4AAB-9D9D-53DE8E6573D4.jpeg

May all Porsche model numbers shine brightly in our rear-view mirrors. :)

This will be bigger than cars. This is V1 Roadster stage $$, not even MS $$ and the price is “reasonable” for what you get. $80k, 2 powerwalls, 11kw solar and new roof with waterproof membrane. What is this going to be in 5 years when it’s on V6 (model 3 $$).

Solar City not worth it. Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Last edited:
Honestly, I remember being swept up in TT007's enthusiasm and buying 50 shares at 375.10 in 2016 and then watched the value of my investment slowly erode over the next few years. As a long HODLer incrementally adding small blocks at 750 and 700 to my overall position, I wish I had added far more at that once lofty level! I know a few here felt he was unduly influencing visitors and members here to add shares through irrational exuberance, but damn! Cathie Woods has us salivating over the potential of the stock to be valued between 7000-15,000 p/s in the next 5 years! :D

Thanks to you, @TrendTrader007's recent post seemed relatively not-so-hyper-bullish ;)

As you can see 95%+ of the open interest $900 contracts were bought when the share price was above or near $900 already, with very high implied volatility and very high premiums. I don't expect options market makers to have much trouble delta hedging these, should the share price approach $900 again, while keeping a fair share of the premiums.

The put open interest is basically zero in the $700-$1,000 price range for this week, so I'd expect there to be upwards volatility, should the price approach or decisively break through $900.
Upward volatility almost sounds like oxymoron. lol
So you saying as price get around 900, due to high amount of Call options that could be executed, which will create downward pressure due closing of the call options?

in northern Virginia (which has Fairfax and Loudoun counties, two of the top three richest counties in the US, plus Arlington, Falls Church, and Prince William County which are all also in the top 20) you can't turn your head without seeing a Tesla or two.

In the Bay Area, you even see them in mobile home parks.