Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ignore the banter? No way! I learn so much when you two argue. Please keep it up. I am sure almost everyone on here feels the same way.
Agreed. And it offers us one of the very few opportunities to verify that @KarenRei & @Fact Checking aren't actually Artificial Intelligences.

Data, from Star Trek, TNG: "Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing."

Let's check up on how Louv is "doing okay":

Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal

"I usually drive 120-180 miles at a time. A total of 400 to 650 a day."

Well, that fits in with the range he's getting on that thing! But... why so few miles per day?

Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal

Basically, I’m just repeating: Drive for 3 hours, charge for an hour or so.

A 3-to-1 driving:charging ratio, seriously? That's like a Bolt! But why?

Not that it mattered, as it was a mere 50kW station. The pre-warming only really matters for 150kW or 350kW stations.

Ah, because of holes in Electrify America, he's being forced to do some of his stops on 50kW chargers. ;)

Hurry up and wait....

(ED: I keep reading this guy's thread, and the more I read, the more comical everything becomes ;) Has to take up two parking spaces because the cables don't reach his car... charging sessions terminating in the middle... getting far lower charging speeds then he's supposed to... in the last post I just read, the seat ventilation fan on his new Taycan just went out. )

ED2: Lol, bolt owner responding to his endless Electrify America problems: "Only EA around here. We call it Enrage America, real pain doing musical stations with the car in cold weather."

Karen,
I am not sure why you seem so infuriated by the Taycan. All the things you point out are true and in line with a new manufacturer and a new network. I started watching Bjorn Nyland's videos as soon as he started posting - and I remember how much more challenging was for him to do his North Cape trip. Despite those early challenges, Tesla thrived and is extremely successful.

So as I said, let's agree that Tesla is a better car with a better network at a lower price point. And that Taycan is a beautiful sports car. Fair?

Karen,
I am not sure why you seem so infuriated by the Taycan. All the things you point out are true and in line with a new manufacturer and a new network. I started watching Bjorn Nyland's videos as soon as he started posting - and I remember how much more challenging was for him to do his North Cape trip. Despite those early challenges, Tesla thrived and is extremely successful.

So as I said, let's agree that Tesla is a better car with a better network at a lower price point. And that Taycan is a beautiful sports car. Fair?

Why would you interpret laughter and smiley faces as anger? I read the thread because I found it greatly amusing. :)

I just don't understand why people would pay so much money to subject themselves to that. But if they want to do so and post their endless series of problems on the internet, I'll gladly read it :) I still have no clue why that thread was posted as a means to show that the Taycan charges fast, has long range, and low energy consumption, but I'm glad it was posted.

Last edited:
Why would you interpret laughter and smiley faces as anger? I read the thread because I found it greatly amusing. :)

I just don't understand why people would pay so much money to subject themselves to that.

You know I bet there were people who asked about early adopters of Tesla's and that was prior to super chargers and a reliable power train. Roadster was not exactly cheap.

I'm starting to wonder if CNBC is slowly coming around. Of course they had to throw a bit of FUD in there, but that was 'almost' an advert for Tesla.

No, this is a deliberate attempt by CNBC to discredit Tesla and plant in people’s minds the false notion that Tesla is bad at manufacturing, still struggling with quality, offers poor service, has no parts available, and, to be aware of long, long wait times if you want to buy a Tesla. Then the video goes on and on about all these fantastic new competitor EV’s that are already on the market or will be coming out any moment now. In this video they are basically saying don’t bother buying a Tesla, there are plenty of other, better alternatives out there.

This is a very sneaky infomercial against buying Tesla cars.

I see a lot of disagrees here but recently I had a long conversation with an auto industry expert who told me he thinks a skateboard deal between Tesla and at least one major OEM is a good possibility.

As long as Tesla is battery constrained on their own products it makes little sense to contribute to products of other manufacturers. Also the complete car with software upgrades will deliver higher margins so why not focus on that vs skateboards?

Just first page search engine news alone:
Elon drills first ever transportation tunnel in Vegas.
Elon increases record epa range of Model S.
Elon about to launch more record breaking Starlink satellites, 50th landing of booster, another milestone.
Elon going to break the status quo with first Amercian crew mission since 2011.
Elon patent on innovative grid management systems.
Man, it’s hard not to imagine this guy not getting national treasure status soon.

To all the haters, we all benefit from this big time, maybe worry about things that are hurting the world as opposed to helping it economically and ethically.
He's going to have to wait until Sean Hannity and Steve Doocy get theirs first. /s

Last edited:
Let's check up on how Louv is "doing okay":

"I usually drive 120-180 miles at a time. A total of 400 to 650 a day."

Well, that fits in with the range he's getting on that thing! But... why so few miles per day?

Basically, I’m just repeating: Drive for 3 hours, charge for an hour or so.

A 3-to-1 driving:charging ratio, seriously? That's like a Bolt! But why?

Not that it mattered, as it was a mere 50kW station. The pre-warming only really matters for 150kW or 350kW stations.

Ah, because of holes in Electrify America, he's being forced to do some of his stops on 50kW chargers. ;)

Hurry up and wait....

(ED: I keep reading this guy's thread, and the more I read, the more comical everything becomes ;) Has to take up two parking spaces because the cables don't reach his car... charging sessions terminating in the middle... getting far lower charging speeds then he's supposed to... in the last post I just read, the seat ventilation fan on his new Taycan just went out. )

ED2: Lol, bolt owner responding to his endless Electrify America problems: "Only EA around here. We call it Enrage America, real pain doing musical stations with the car in cold weather."

ED3: Re, charging at Electrify America in the Taycan: "I was charging 4-5 times because along the Trans-Canada Highway, you take every charge you can. They are spaced out approximately 110-150 miles apart. Too far to skip one (usually). And those days I was covering 500-650 miles. Each “full” (about 75-85% of the battery) charge takes about 45 minutes. A nice rest every three hours."

Let me add emphasis to that point: 45 minutes to fill up 110-150 miles range. ;)

ED4: Just caught up to last Sunday. He just set a new record charging rate for his whole trip! This <strike>350kW</strike> 275kW car charging at 350kW stations for the first time hit...

194kW ;)

You’ll rarely find me defending the Taycan, but in all fairness, I’ve played the “musical stalls” game at superchargers plenty of times.

Most recently, a family member borrowed the car and had to stop at one, and was getting 23kW at the bottom of the battery. I saw that and suggested he move, and he did so, to get... 23kW at the new charger. After thinking it must be something with the car, I called Tesla and they suggested moving to *yet another* stall. That one finally went up to the expected 70kW(this was one of the “urban superchargers”, which also means none of the stalls are paired).

TLDR: this happens regardless of the charging network.

Just first page search engine news alone:

Elon drills first ever transportation tunnel in Vegas.
Elon increases record epa range of Model S.
Elon about to launch more record breaking Starlink satellites, 50th landing of booster, another milestone.
Elon going to break the status quo with first Amercian crew mission since 2011.
Elon patent on innovative grid management systems.

Man, it’s hard not to imagine this guy not getting national treasure status soon.

To all the haters, we all benefit from this big time, maybe worry about things that are hurting the world as opposed to helping it economically and ethically.
The President already called him one of our geniuses who must be protected. At this point, the media can say what it wants. Elon has Presidential protection now. ;)

That one finally went up to the expected 70kW(this was one of the “urban superchargers”, which also means none of the stalls are paired).

Technically they are still paired. (Two stalls share one charging cabinet.) So if the cabinet is having problems it could impact both stalls powered by it.

451 Wh/mi average. 280 Wh/km. At an average speed of 26 mph / 42 kph.

This is comical. What exactly where you saying about its energy consumption not actually being that bad in the real world? That works out to, what, 185 miles range? Average at 26mph?

To give this a little perspective, last year we did a trip from Edmonton, Alberta to Sun Peaks, a ski resort North of Kamloops, BC. Almost exactly 1,000 km each way. We had four people in the car. As much stuff as we could possibly jam in the frunk, trunk and below trunk space. Also a roof box on top loaded with skis and more gear.

From Edmonton to Canmore where we spent the night there’s a 700m net elevation gain. I drove between 120 and 125 km/h on the highways (and it’s almost all highways) The temperature was -28C. Our Tesla Model 3 LR RWD managed 285 Wh/km (compared to the 280 Wh/km for the Taycan in FAR more favourable conditions). The worst I’ve ever recorded over a long trip by far. The next day and on the way home it was much warmer, just a few degrees below zero and we ranged from 215 Wh/km to 226 Wh/km between charges. Still with a full load and a roof box!

U ok, brah? Did they git ya? :confused:
Yes they did.

I was arrested on my 31st birthday February 7th on some insane trumped up charges. I got out today but the 8 nights I spent in jail, and various forms of holding and being transported to various facilities for no reason was the worst experience of my life.
I am meeting with some lawyers Monday morning. I have faced some very small time stuff about a decade ago and trust me, this was completely different and they were REALLY trying to screw with me and wanted a much larger reaction from me than anything I gave them. Truly a horrendous experience. They prohibited me from making calls and gaslighted me about my Bail which I posted after the first night. I am not joking nor exaggerating a thing. It was hell.
Many more details but I need to meet with lawyers before divulging more.
Cheers about the price. At least I have money now.