Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on general consensus and personal bias and dubious research I am basically seeing 64k 3s produced as the expectation and anything above that a 'beat'.

I don't know how much higher deliveries will be than produced, but assume about 4-8,000

I don't know what to expect from SP in the immediate future

Far more important how much it cost to make the cars than how many they sold... just saying.
We won't get any information on cost from their imminent Q4 2018 Vehicle Production and Deliveries announcement. But I'm confident that they will deliver on cost reductions as the quarter was much more smooth than Q3. We'll know in early Feb I guess.

FWIW, my final estimate is 58.5k. Model 3 VINs on Twitter

It was fun being one of the most pessimistic bulls for a time, but I've come around. I'm upping my M3 deliveries estimate (again) from 58.5k to 62.5k. Primary reasons are:
  • Electrek report on 3k inventory was much lower than I expected.
  • All of the anecdotal data re EOY push from last night
  • Alphahat data for the week of 12/17 - 12/23 just came in and showed a HUGE week; similar to the last week of Q3. The model based on DC foot traffic shows M3 deliveries in the 60-65k range.
  • Impact of home deliveries (which are not included in above)

Last edited:
Tesla Q4 2017 Vehicle Production and Deliveries announcement:

- was published on Jan 3
- 29,870 vehicles delivered
- 24,565 vehicles produced

Wow, Y/Y growth will be astonishing...easily more than 200% for production and there is a good chance deliveries will grow more than 200% as well.

I think you meant production and deliveries doubling, 0r 100% improvement y-o-y.

• Disagree
Reactions: Thekiwi and Zaxxon
Electrek report on 3k inventory was much lower than I expected.

Note that Electrek reported about unsold inventory of 3,300 Model 3's.

This is a new inventory condition that rarely happened before: due to build-to-order Tesla used to have close to zero unsold inventory.

Also note that "unsold inventory" != "vehicles in transit":

total_inventory cars = unsold + in-transit + loaners + service + test-drive cars