Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They could, but the government could easily say "you should have planned better" or "you should have stopped selling gas guzzlers". They have multiple choices aside from building EVs.

Indeed. "Uhh, guys? Why was Tesla able to deliver six figures of long-range BEVs to the EU this year if there's such a shortage?"

Granted. But even then it makes more sense to use them in powerpacks, and use those cells from powerpacks in vehicles.
No, because the chemistry in powerpack cells is already different than the ones in cars, so using these in powerpacks doesn't help them build more cars. Not to mention shipping Chinese cells/modules to Nevada and Nevada sells to China, incurring tariffs in both directions. Just trust Tesla; they wouldn't be doing it if it didn't make at least short term sense, and they can pivot on a dime compared to the rest of the industry.

Edit: i know this is not healthy. Follow this at your own risks.. lol
I think many of us struggle with that. So much exposure is very risky but the probable outcome is still good. Now, I have a lot more money in TSLA than I did last year, but most of that is due to price appreciation so I feel better about risking that house money.

Hydrogen?
They could have just sucked it up and stopped selling their lease efficient vehicles and focused more on general fuel efficiency vs power etc. and not had the issues. From my understanding of the rules (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) EVs aren't really required, but it's about total emissions. They just get extra credits from selling EVs.

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3
Hydrogen?

To save the OEM's that haven't invested in sufficient battery capacity?

upload_2020-2-21_22-28-54.gif

Last edited:
I can fully understand that! A couple of days ago I posted how I only bought TSLA because I figured the public would pullout of the chinese stocks a Chinese friend had invested for me because the Corona Virus was going to take a toll. And I belong to a Cybertruck forum where several of the members stated their trucks were going to be bought with the profits from their Tesla stock. So I decided to try it to. And I got in at $644/share.
it has been a very wild ride in the MONTH I have owned the stock. If you asked me a month ago, "What should the stock do to make you happy?" I'd have said, "Not lose money right after I buy it." At o e month I'd have been pretty damn happy if it was up 4%.
What you guys (the "lifers") have done? Where your emotions have been? how it feels? I know I can't even begin to relate.
For me it has really been a roller coaster. But only an up and up and up ride.
Trust me it’s been a wild roller coaster for the past 5 years. I bought my first Tesla stock in 2014 at 270. At one point I lost half of my investment in Tesla when it went to 140 in 2016. At that point I bought more stock cause nothing fundamentally changed :)

Here is what i am going through:

1. Bought small share to test the water

Stock price went up
Up..
Up..

2. Buy few more, converted all IRA to TSLA

Stock price Up..
Up..
Up..

3. Sold all other stocks and converted to TSLA in my trading account

Up..
Up..

4. Start borrowing margin to get more stocks.

Right now i am resisting temptation to get 2nd mortgage to fuel my addiction.

Edit: i know this is not healthy. Follow this at your own risks.. lol
As long as you can weather the eventual down turn on the Road to $7000 , because if you cant then you are putting yourself in a tough spot TSLA went sideways for ~ 5 years this will not be a smooth ride even though we have cleared a huge storm in 2019 ...

I can fully understand that! A couple of days ago I posted how I only bought TSLA because I figured the public would pullout of the chinese stocks a Chinese friend had invested for me because the Corona Virus was going to take a toll. And I belong to a Cybertruck forum where several of the members stated their trucks were going to be bought with the profits from their Tesla stock. So I decided to try it to. And I got in at $644/share.
it has been a very wild ride in the MONTH I have owned the stock. If you asked me a month ago, "What should the stock do to make you happy?" I'd have said, "Not lose money right after I buy it." At o e month I'd have been pretty damn happy if it was up 4%.
What you guys (the "lifers") have done? Where your emotions have been? how it feels? I know I can't even begin to relate.
For me it has really been a roller coaster. But only an up and up and up ride.
It feels really, really good. Literally has changed my life and will continue to do so.

You better watch out! I got 2 of my posts removed after I tried to get the people that are using the acronyms to spell them out. Even though it is considered unprofessional at every level to use them outside of their profession.

Alienating the Audience: How Abbreviations Hamper Scientific Communication
"Abbreviations saddle a reader with the chore of deciphering the meaning of words that could simply have been spelled out."

And to top it off I was directly called "angry" and "Self-entitled" by another Member because I tried to get people to quit using acronyms so that newbies could understand the posts.
I do believe the moderators should review their decision, and at the very least adjust the demeanor of this group so it includes ALL levels of investors.
I assume it would be too much to receive an apology for the flippant and threatening letter the Mods sent me. Stating that I was "Starting trouble" and my posts were "not helpful. When in fact my first post should have been cause for them to be introspective and ask members to stop the use of acronyms. And as far as "not helpful"...the guy that called me self-entitled and "angry"..well his post is still up.
I was quite surprised that any member could call another member "angry" and "self-entitled", and yet their post is left up, whereas when a member tries to ask members to consider others his posts are deleted.

EDIT: I copied the wrong source initially, which was one I had to go to in an attempt to find out what ATH meant. The one here now explains why I am NOT self-entitled, and was just trying to make this board a better place for all.
It takes but seconds to help yourself. It takes more time for someone to repeatedly type out that which is common knowledge to those in their circle.

Please consider a simple Google search next time. Here's two links to get you started:

EV acronyms.
All acronyms.

Given that this is a Tesla forum, I suggest we let Elon have the last word on the usefulness of acronyms:

Acronyms Seriously Suck - Elon Musk
and do not forget the one Elon used when discussing people that come to him with the "new and greatest battery development.
Semi paraphrasing, "If you have it give it to us and we'll test it. or take it to a qualified lab, or GTFO."

• Funny
Reactions: Zero CO2
I still don't understand how anyone can sell or short this stock on Friday afternoons, after it has gone up so much on nearly every single Monday and Tuesday for the past 3 months. It makes no sense. I am a hodler and a buyer on Fridays.

Edit: Just became a supporting member. Thanks to the mods and all the bulls for the encouragement and "not advice" over the past year!

Last edited:
Boy we are really taking the scenic route to $900.
Thats where we close if you didn't get the memo ;)
Though on a macro day like today I would not have been surprised if it was lower. Price action today is exceptional for horrible macro day and huge option expiry date. 900 is Fantastic. Super looking forward to Monday.

Last edited: