Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 517507

All right, I'm not going to resist a well-deserved jumping on this bandwagon.

I think BMW has caught on to the zeitgeist of the moment. What I see here is a plastered-on bat.

Therefore, the appropriate name they should use is the

Completely
Outdated
Version of an
Imbecilic
Design

upload_2020-3-3_10-53-47.png

Just noticed that the majority of the inventory Model 3s new Philly on the Tesla site have miles on them (300, 2000, etc.) and a number of them come from mall locations... it looks to me like they are listing a bunch of showroom/test drive cars. I wonder why. I would have thought there was still time for new cars to be delivered to the East coast this month, so I wouldn't have thought they needed to list showroom cars just to have something to sell. We're not aware of any Model 3 upgrades that would make them want to replace the showroom models with newer ones, right? Just to clear out space for some Model Ys in the showrooms, perhaps?
The new track package for Performance 3s was just announced but that can't be a huge impact. It's also possible that at this point in the quarter they haven't replenished US stock of 3s due to shipping previous batches right?

Dagnabbit, people! Haven't you learnt of Zaxxon's law of TMC 'never [low price X] again'? Mentioning this thing ensures that it WILL happen. Stop it!

On a totally unrelated note, I'm loving $650 being our 'may never see that bargain-basement price again' number.
Oh, well, uhh, the stock totally will never hit 20k again.

This is a reply to an old post, but I wanted to look back at your history, because your "one time in two years" comment contradicted my memory of your recent posts.

I can relate to your frustration, however I think one reason folks disagree is that you often seem to be on your heels reacting in the moment, instead of making an investment thesis and working steadily towards realizing it.

This is B.S. advice in the face of the Robinhood failures, which would have me loosing my mind as well, but honestly there have been countless examples of unexpected events ruining very logical short-term trading expectations. This is just the most recent.

I'm in the camp that any of these recent prices are good buying opportunities for long-term holders, but you may benefit from taking a step back to catch your breath.

Jump back in after you have reviewed your risk tolerance, and investigated your fears to the point that you're better able to act on your convictions rather than trying to anticipate and then react to short-term market action.

Apologies for making an example of difficult times, but it struck a nerve with me because I became a much more successful investor when I started accepting the fact that I'm a terrible trader.

I hope your situation resolves in a good way!
It was the first time I was wanting to "buy" I bought in when I got my refund from tesla, but sold twice at bad times. Good stuff though.

Reactions: Rb48888
So TSLA is still so terribly bound to the market as of now, that all our information is worthless unless this hijacking ends.

Since Europe had some days in advance, today felt a bit like getting used to the virus angst.
But the us still has to absorb that virus thing, well and therefore we may see some more red days, till a relief comes.

But sure after that thing is absorbed TSLA may take of.

The million dollar question is -as allways - when? (In 5 Minutes, days, weeks or, months?)

Dow and TSLA today:

DOW 20200303.JPG

TSLA 20200303.JPG

Last edited:
Limited parking at mall stores for test drive fleet. Making room for showroom/test drive Model Y’s.

Also, new Performance Model 3 V2 revealed yesterday, the updated Track Mode UI and tire/rims Package should drive traffic into stores.

Just noticed that the majority of the inventory Model 3s new Philly on the Tesla site have miles on them (300, 2000, etc.) and a number of them come from mall locations... it looks to me like they are listing a bunch of showroom/test drive cars. I wonder why. I would have thought there was still time for new cars to be delivered to the East coast this month, so I wouldn't have thought they needed to list showroom cars just to have something to sell. We're not aware of any Model 3 upgrades that would make them want to replace the showroom models with newer ones, right? Just to clear out space for some Model Ys in the showrooms, perhaps?

The market does seem whack. In other words, business as usual!

Seriously, I agree things are more "whack" than normal, but this is to be expected. We know that the market thrives from going from normal to whack and back again on a regular basis. It's how Wall Street pumps money out of market participants and into their own pockets.

Imagine if everyone was just calm long-term buy and hold investors who held through things like Coronavirus, International saber-rattling, etc. How would they make money? :rolleyes:
As a stock broker once told me "I am in the moving business not the storage business"

Just more opportunities to accumulate. There will come a time in 2020 when triple digits will be gone.

I know I left my buy orders up for 700, and 650, in case the price drops more. And one for 666.14 because of, uh, reasons.

Maybe I'll actually break into the triple digits for my stock hoard before end of the year. :p

Limited parking at mall stores for test drive fleet. Making room for showroom/test drive Model Y’s.

Also, new Performance Model 3 V2 revealed yesterday, the updated Track Mode UI and tire/rims Package should drive traffic into stores.
They do not need to have a model Y on display. They are sold out for months. Putting a Y out will just reduce sales of the 3. Maybe mid summer is tight for that.

All car retailers like to regularly clear out demos and showroom cars that get wear or miles on them so they can still be sold for close to "new" prices.

The new Track Mode is tasty hot fire. No other car on the market has anything close to it. It will automatically track your lap times and knows what track you are on while recording video. Sure the quality may not be as good as a nice Go-pro, but it's free. To replace those functions alone you need a couple pieces of equipment. Plus it allows you to set rear vs front motor bias, regen levels, over clocking of coolant system, and various stability control settings. That's far more advanced than I am at the track, but I can still see the amazing things it could do.

Just more opportunities to accumulate. There will come a time in 2020 when triple digits will be gone.

As long as that implication is not that we go sub three digits I am Ok with your assertion.

No one really knows where the TSLA SP will be going. Some here were advocating $1,000+ a short two weeks ago. Some last week suggesting waiting for retracement to the $300s.

Listening to any one person on TMC about the direction of the short term SP..including me..is foolish.