Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2025? Am I reading that right?? :rolleyes:

That doesn't seem right. I am as skeptical of their plans and stats as anyone here, but stating that they plan to begin rolling out in 2025 is just not accurate.

GM showed and discussed 11 new all-electric vehicles Wednesday as part of its plans through 2025, which includes at least 20 new models by 2023.

The first all-electric vehicle with the new technology will be the GMC Hummer pickup going on sale in the fall of 2021, followed by a Cadillac crossover for the U.S. in 2022. The automaker also will unveil a crossover based on the Chevrolet Bolt and its current EV platform called the Bolt EUV later this year, followed by production beginning in early-2021.

The thing is...most people on this forum are way more informed as to battery availability/cost and EV production difficulties than the average analyst or business writer. To us...its hilarious that mary barra went on stage in a leather jacket, and rolled out loads of dudes with grey hair doing scripted speeches about enthusiasm for EVs.... but the mainstream media may not see it that way.

I think this WILL drive a narrative that GM are coming to beat Tesla. Announcing better range and faster charging...thats the headline. We know they need a much bigger pack, and that the cost will therefore be silly, and that they cant get the batteries anyway... but that does not change the headline.

TBH GM could have made this much worse. They did a relatively good job with what they had. The timescales mean they are totally, but it probably doesnt look like that to the average news reader.

You're shitting me, right? Is this it, seriously? What a fecking joke!!

General Motors to spend $20 billion through 2025 on new electric, autonomous vehicles

The company declined to break down how much of the $20 billion would go specifically to all-electric vehicles but said that the amount includes capital and engineering resources.

Just as I figured mostly puff like eating Cheetos. It really makes VW look like the only one that is even making an attempt

There is so much wrong with this picture.
0B14D7F3-6348-4EB5-8A36-5332A1EA453B.jpeg

Also GM will be selling cars with 600 miles of range, apparently. Jeez guys, why not just ask for 1 billion miles of range.

They probably got that figure from some "opinion poll" or group survey, from all the idiots that keep saying "I'm not going to buy an EV until it can go 500+ miles while towing my boat/trailer, etc". :rolleyes: If they are designing it based on survey suggestions it will be a Homermobile for sure! :p

Just as I figured mostly puff like eating Cheetos. It really makes VW look like the only one that is even making an attempt
GM is dead. They made 6.5 billion in profit last year. They will need to spend every penny of profit for the next several years to turn these plans into reality. ALl the while cannibalizing their own ICE sales and leaving billions in stranded ICE assets. I can't see a path for them to survive. (bailout maybe?)

Wait times for all 3 Tesla vehicles down to 2-4 weeks. That’s a big change from just a few weeks ago....IIRC, the 3 was at 6-8 weeks. There are quite a few new inventory vehicles available as well.

Of course there are several possible explanations, however I’m preparing myself for lower-than-expected deliveries for Q1. NOT an advice

Sigh... Because US manufacturing kicks-in for the second half of the quarter, ergo order times for Q1 are: January are 8-12 weeks, February 4-8 weeks, March 2-4 weeks.

Come on, dude, you've been around here for years, you know this...

You're shitting me, right? Is this it, seriously? What a fecking joke!!

General Motors to spend $20 billion through 2025 on new electric, autonomous vehicles

The company declined to break down how much of the $20 billion would go specifically to all-electric vehicles but said that the amount includes capital and engineering resources.
A certain percentage will be spent on EVs.

Well, 0 is a percent!

GM is dead. They made 6.5 billion in profit last year. They will need to spend every penny of profit for the next several years to turn these plans into reality. ALl the while cannibalizing their own ICE sales and leaving billions in stranded ICE assets. I can't see a path for them to survive. (bailout maybe?)
Don't forget their 94 billion dollars in debt plus countless billions of stranded ICE assets.