Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current environment and government policies are building Tesla's moat. Oil is at an all time low and EPA is rolling back their mileage requirements means that existing auto manufacturers continue along their pathway without any progress towards EV. China continues to push clean vehicles, and tesla remains poised to avail these advantages.

US government pouring money into the stock market does not improve existing and failing utilities and infrastructure. What happens in a lockdown when a substation goes down? Tesla remains poised to answer this with home solar -- and microgrid can't be far behind.

While the EPA fiddles, Tesla is geting on with business:

Tesla rolls out new commercial solar ordering with integrated battery storage options

"Tesla’s vision for residential and commercial sustainability does not end with solar panels, however. Ever since launching its Energy division, Tesla has pushed the idea of solar panels and battery storage systems working together to give customers true energy independence. Tesla has made headway in pushing this idea, with the company’s residential solar ordering system including options for Powerwall additions as well."​

Cheers!

What about now? Up $40. You guys keep blaming shorts and manipulators. Those days are over. The shorts clearly got wiped, they are only 12% of the float which is at all time lows.
I disagree. Shorts do have effect on the SP, and PUT options..
Well shorts getting squeezed now and this is going to run up to 548.. then we shall see if we can even break higher today.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Tesla have set the target to release your P&D numbers within 3 business days of the new quarter, so Thursday would be the latest they'd release it. Considering there's no longer an EOQ delivery rush, and that they've been getting faster and faster with producing their results, I'm guessing after business hours on Tuesday.
The quarter doesn't end until midnight tonight (Tuesday) in California... 3AM ET.

I'd expect the P&D Thursday or Friday, unless the virus delays it.

Tesla have set the target to release your P&D numbers within 3 business days of the new quarter, so Thursday would be the latest they'd release it. Considering there's no longer an EOQ delivery rush, and that they've been getting faster and faster with producing their results, I'm guessing after business hours on Tuesday.

You can't release them before the quarter actually ends. Not to mention that Hawaii is a few hours behind California. Wednesday morning would be the earliest, but I would expect after market close on Wednesday to be the most likely.

• Funny
Reactions: UCF3
What about now? Up $40. You guys keep blaming shorts and manipulators. Those days are over. The shorts clearly got wiped, they are only 12% of the float which is at all time lows.
What are you saying? That the SP wasn't being manipulated before the Open? And it wasn't been run up to the Middle-BB by 10:15 and they won't now tank the SP?

ITS THE MARKET MAKERS. They bankrupted retail shorts in January, then robbed from retail longs in February walking the SP down 64%, then ignored the "Uptick Rule" for an unprecedented 6 days while they made book.

ONLY the market makers have the trillions of dollars of trading power necessary to do this. What are you saying? That you can make money in this environment, so its okay?

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-03-31.10-15.png

I disagree. Shorts do have effect on the SP, and PUT options..
Well shorts getting squeezed now and this is going to run up to 548.. then we shall see if we can even break higher today.
Shorts literally have no thesis left. At least in 2018 their thesis was arguable. Tesla is flush with cash and the only shorts that are left are the whiny ones on Twitter and some institutions that hedge

What are you saying? That the SP wasn't being manipulated before the Open? And it wasn't been run up to the Middle-BB by 10:15 and they won't now tank the SP?

ITS THE MARKET MAKERS. They bankrupted retail shorts in January, then robbed from retail longs in February walking the SP down 64%, then ignored the "Uptick Rule" for an unprecedented 6 days while they made book.

ONLY the market makers have the trillions of dollars of trading power necessary to do this. What are you saying? That you can make money in this environment, so its okay?

View attachment 527874
How does this matter in the long term? And sure, market makers do set a mood for the day, but that’s with every stock. Short term traders will get robbed and long term investors will prosper. This is nothing new and not limited to only Tesla.

Shorts literally have no thesis left. At least in 2018 their thesis was arguable. Tesla is flush with cash and the only shorts that are left are the whiny ones on Twitter and some institutions that hedge
Yes, looking at current short interest data, I do agree that 16m shares short down from 42m and only 11% of float short.
And this is one of the lowest readings ever, but that still do not mean that day to day SP cannot be effected by short sellers actions. Just look at last few days and how percent of TSLA selling tagged to shorts were very high.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yes, looking at current short interest data, I do agree that 16m shares short down from 42m and only 11% of float short.
And this is one of the lowest readings ever, but that still do not mean that day to day SP cannot be effected by short sellers actions. Just look at last few days and how percent of TSLA selling tagged to shorts were very high.
Institutions buying and selling dictate price action. Institutions and insiders hold 90% of the shares, retail holds 10%. Who cares if some day traders get fleeced, since the shares will go to stronger hands? I don’t really understand the fixation on short term price action. That is so 2018. Tesla is flush with cash and has a much more convincing long term thesis in 2020 than it did in prior years

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
How does this matter in the long term? And sure, market makers do set a mood for the day, but that’s with every stock. Short term traders will get robbed and long term investors will prosper. This is nothing new and not limited to only Tesla.
It matters in the long term when for every 1 company like Tesla that succesfully navigates the "Valley of Death" there are 100 or more that die trying. Short sellers are a blight on new innovation, and have been since the SEC changed the rules to benefit Market Makers in 2007.

Name all the successful (non-Chinese) company IPOs since 2007. I'll wait. That's right, there's just one: Facebook. And many people consider them a further blight on society.

It matters in the long term when for every 1 company like Tesla that succesfully navigates the "Valley of Death" there are 100 or more that die trying. Short sellers are a blight on new innovation, and have been since the SEC changed the rules to benefit Market Makers in 2007.

Name all the successful (non-Chinese) company IPOs since 2007. I'll wait. That's right, there's just one: Facebook. And many people consider them a further blight on society.
I agree, FUD is a problem. Tesla moving 1% down in the premarket is not a problem though. That’s ridiculous and is at Valueanalyst1 level of delusion

Institutions buying and selling dictate price action. Institutions and insiders hold 90% of the shares, retail holds 10%. Who cares if some day traders get fleeced, since the shares will go to stronger hands? I don’t really understand the fixation on short term price action. That is so 2018. Tesla is flush with cash and has a much more convincing long term thesis in 2020 than it did in prior years
Now you are switching to Long term outlook. Of course I agree with you on this.
But we were talking about short term moves and at low volume trading days, SP can definitely be manipulated, that's the point we are trying to make.
We do care about short term moves as well so we can buy more when it does drop in price.
I don't watch SP every 5 mins, but still would like to get more shares at optimal price thus day to day active is important as well.