Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This place is a mess, my portfolio has gone to hell. Just sold the last of my $TSLA shares and bought gold. Can't afford to even visit Krug's island. Sorry @Unpilot, you are on your own now. Sigh.
Allow me to state the obvious that $485 may represent a much bigger buying opportunity for TSLA than selling. The upside over the next 2-3 years is massive. There is no company on planet earth like Tesla. This ordeal could be a game-changer that significantly widens the gap between them and the rest of the automotive industry. Not to mention the coming growth in energy storage. Solar? We'll see.

IMO, when we look back on 2020, Battery Day and now COVID-19 will both be giant landmarks in Tesla's history that accelerated it's dominance.

The TSLA ride isn't for the faint of heart. You may regret jumping off after a 50% decline.

Allow me to state the obvious that $485 may represent a much bigger buying opportunity for TSLA than selling. The upside over the next 2-3 years is massive. There is no company on planet earth like Tesla. This ordeal could be a game-changer that significantly widens the gap between them and the rest of the automotive industry. Not to mention the coming growth in energy storage. Solar? We'll see.

IMO, when we look back on 2020, Battery Day and now COVID-19 will both be giant landmarks in Tesla's history that accelerated it's dominance.

The TSLA ride isn't for the faint of heart. You may regret jumping off after a 50% decline.
Solar might be a bigger deal then the market thinks-- the $2T is for the market not a new deal to restart the economy by infrastructure spending, so grid systems remain in disrepair. We (the world) thought we were ready to handle a pandemic with our fancy medicine but not really. Are we ready for climate change? Not even the naval and air bases along the choicest sections of the US coast are ready for this.

Solar might be a bigger deal then the market thinks-- the $2T is for the market not a new deal to restart the economy by infrastructure spending, so grid systems remain in disrepair. We (the world) thought we were ready to handle a pandemic with our fancy medicine but not really. Are we ready for climate change? Not even the naval and air bases along the choicest sections of the US coast are ready for this.
IMO, for Tesla's foreseeable future, vehicles and energy storage will dwarf solar.

• Funny
Reactions: TNEVol
IMO, for Tesla's foreseeable future, vehicles and energy storage will dwarf solar.

Energy storage is under rated by many, for example:-
Big batteries get ready to play main role in next stage of clean energy transition | RenewEconomy

“The virtual transmission concept is a little-known and deceptively simple use of storage – placing energy storage on a transmission line and operating it to inject or absorb real power, mimicking transmission line flows – essentially replacing the need for a line upgrade or new line to be built,”

There a lots of ways battery can help a transition to a high Renewable Energy grid and save money in the process. Price is all important and battery Investor Day may reveal how Tesla can lower the price of energy storage.

Hawaii is looking at Tesla for a $200-300 million solar & battery project in 2021. Looks like the proposal is to use 244 megapacks plus 900 MW worth of solar.
Hawaiian Electric proposes Tesla batteries for Oahu power

This place is a mess, my portfolio has gone to hell. Just sold the last of my $TSLA shares and bought gold. Can't afford to even visit Krug's island. Sorry @Unpilot, you are on your own now. Sigh.
You should have sold on the way down instead of all at once... to maximize your losses. You for sure drop that sharp knife on your foot then. Oh I dont blame u. Scary world now. I thought we'd be higher by now. Oh well, going down below cap'n, ride it out. Waiting on sunshine.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
So US inventory levels seems high. Is this the opportunity for Elon to break the wave in Q2? Keep shipping to Europe in June with sales in early Q3.

Interesting that Tesla haven't reduced prices or given away FSD etc. This is Elon thinking that we are going to crack C19 and everything will be back to normal.

• Helpful
Reactions: Frizer
I would think you are right. And I guess as someone who wants to see them stay healthy that’s good. But as someone who was hoping to not have to wait at least another three months it is frustrating. Again though. Giving myself a smack, there are people with real problems in the world right now.
You know, for the past year or more you have been finding endless reasons to not get a Tesla. Now you're complaining you just can't get one because of the wrong wheels. Right. Just buy the damned thing. Then buy the wheels you want and have them put on. Sell the wheels it came with. Problem solved. Are you really this unable to get anything done in other parts of your life?

Seriously, there's a huge difference between "can't" and "won't". You have been and continue to be somebody who "won't". It's really tedious.

So US inventory levels seems high. Is this the opportunity for Elon to break the wave in Q2? Keep shipping to Europe in June with sales in early Q3.

Interesting that Tesla haven't reduced prices or given away FSD etc. This is Elon thinking that we are going to crack C19 and everything will be back to normal.

There is some uncertainty around production in Q2..

This may be an accidental partial unwinding of the wave, some Q2 deliveries may already be at or near their final destination..

We posted on this earlier, my opinion was identify products with good demand and focus on making them:-
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Optimising the right mix of investment, cost reduction and simply riding out C19 is hard, IMO proactive investment to unlock more demand is the way to go..

Had some additional discussion with various personnel re substituting rims on inventory cars. It’s a no go. We can’t make it work without spending way more than it should cost. Not blaming Tesla as they know their business model. But it’s frustrating seeing an inventory car that’s mostly right except for the rims and Tesla wont facilitate the sale even if we pay the upgrade fee.

First world problems, I know. Lot more serious things happening in the world right now.

Something just occurred to me.

We don't have snow here in QLD Australia :)

Will you be getting different wheels for summer and winter tires?

If so can you live with the existing rims as one of the options?

I hear ya Woof. This TSLA stock is a real dog.

I just checked TSLA's performance Year to Date and it's only up 11.89%. o_O

200.webp

Er...wait...Gold is only up 4.27% and Silver is down 21.48% YTD. And the S&P 500 is down 23.75%. ;)

Last edited:
...my portfolio has gone to hell. Just sold the last of my $TSLA shares...

I agree. A portfolio without TSLA when so many catalysts are imminent has gone to hell in ludicrous mode.

Those ignorant of history are doomed to repeat it... said some historian or other. In the mists of time, sellers dropped TSLA 50% from its high, then watched it climb 500%. Wait, that was last year.

I can remember a time on here when the TSLA share price was approaching $900 and lots of people were winning big on call options, we had overnight instant millionaires ... while it lasted.

I thought at the time, that will never happen again, and it probably will not.

A precondition is option writers writing those kind of options at attractive prices, at this stage they all remember what happened last time around...

However long it lasts, CV19 is not permanent....

I don't trade options myself, but some people here were smart and/or lucky enough to win last time around.