Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Logic tells me the market should have another massive drop, but the market has not been logical so far... This virus isn't gonna go away anytime soon.

I'm not sure why the market has been so euphoric the last couple days when we are looking at 25+% unemployment in a few weeks. That will take at least 1-2 years to unwind. The market must be happy that c-19 may be peaking along with hopes of even more massive stimulus.

Reactions: BornToFly
Anybody have a theory why GM is killin' it today?
gm.JPG

I have no idea what drama occurred.

I posted or read here for many many years.

I’m an alcoholic and went to rehab months ago.

I’m back, and this all is weird and different.

It’s worse now and I don’t give one single F to say that fact.

Whoever made this choice should stop making choices or works for VW.
As far as I’m concerned ban me.

Whatever the mods done has ruined this forum.

Absolute black/white.

Imma investigate.

Welcome back @BenPrice. I remember you leaving to go to rehab. Glad to see you're back; hopefully you're doing well.

While I'm certain there was a prior history, the drama reached it's peak back on March 20-22 with a dispute between a moderator and @KarenRei. Postings can be found on this thread as well as the Coronavirus thread (a bunch of relevant postings got moved there) if you want to go back and review the drama you missed out on. Karen left, some mods decided to take a break, a number of other posters left and/or stopped their financial contributions to the website, and it's never been the same since.

I sincerely hope that the remaining members and moderators as well as some new posters can build this back up to the fantastic place it was before. I continue to lurk and glean whatever knowledge I can as there are still a number of good posters here, but I've discovered that not only did @KarenRei and @Fact Checking provide excellent contributions, they also stimulated great discussions that brought out the best from others. There are probably about 20 members that I really made sure to read every one of their postings, even if I was skimming quickly to catch up and I really miss their contributions. I sure hope they decide to simply take a time-out of a few weeks as opposed to never coming back as that would really be a shame.

I've been on a couple of other forums where the most-valuable posters (MVPs) have decided to take their ball and go home and it really is a sad time and the forum never is as good after. I really fear that happening here, but hold on to the hope that after a brief lull, it will return to it's former glory.

Anybody have a theory why GM is killin' it today?
View attachment 530038
Just following macros is my guess. Not logical considering soft sales/demand even before this virus started.

As long as GM and F stocks are high, Tesla valuation is equally low for the same reasons - investor ignorance. Imagine that money moving directly into TSLA. Cool thought.

A huge big deal for the UK. I'd say 70% of the intersections I encounter in my daily driving are roundabouts here. Nobody in the UK will consider a car to be FSD unless it flawlessly hands roundabouts, both mini and large.

Yep, I am surprised that they are working on other countries as much as they are. I guess the benefit is that they don't paint them themselves into a corner in AI design that doesn't lend itself to roundabouts later.

Yep, I am surprised that they are working on other countries as much as they are. I guess the benefit is that they don't paint them themselves into a corner in AI design that doesn't lend itself to roundabouts later.
It was clear he said that the focus was the USA first (and for obvious reasons like for Beta Testing, IP, etc...)
So by that statement, I think the basic 4-way intersections will come alive before roundabouts, but pure speculation on my part.

4-7-2020 11-04-49 AM.png

Reactions: AZRI11
This is dangerously close to wanting to exploit a crisis, but....it's going to be awesome seeing people kept alive by Tesla ventilators. I say that as a both an investor and somebody who just really likes helping people. I hope Americans remember which companies stepped up to save American lives. Tesla, GM and Ford (presumably), Apple...another wave of patriotic type buying is also a likely result of all of this.
I'm not sure why the market has been so euphoric the last couple days when we are looking at 25+% unemployment in a few weeks. That will take at least 1-2 years to unwind. The market must be happy that c-19 may be peaking along with hopes of even more massive stimulus.
IMO it's people afraid to miss out on January type gains, index funds etc.

The only reason why these gains might make sense is it will depend on WHO is being laid off. If this is mostly limited to hourly/service workers and the white collar class is left intact then I could see it. Regardless of the bottom and how fast it comes back, companies that cater to people who are still working in this time frame will do very well. *cough cough Tesla cough* (and anything online based of course)

Reactions: MikeC
If they had a 400+ mile M3, that would make the S a lot less appealing. I ordered a new S primarily because of the extra range compared to a 3. I'd get a 400+ mile M3 instead if I had the choice
The latest Raven+ Model S (March 2020) is rated EPA: 390 mi (630 km) NEDC: 443 mi (713 km).

The MIC LR Model 3, (if Bloomberg's report is accurate) will not match even match what the range of the current Model S (which has +10% more NEDC rated range)

The Model S is the flagship, and will always continue its march toward perfection. Its what they do, and how they're made. ;)

Last edited:
Just following macros is my guess. Not logical considering soft sales/demand even before this virus started.

As long as GM and F stocks are high, Tesla valuation is equally low for the same reasons - investor ignorance. Imagine that money moving directly into TSLA. Cool thought.
Lol, I read GM is going to build EVs for Honda: :p

https://www.todaysmotorvehicles.com/gm-building-honda-evs.aspx | 1 day ago

"Honda to customize GM EV platform, use GM's recently unveiled battery technology; GM to build Honda vehicles. Detroit, Michigan – General Motors (GM) and Honda will jointly develop two electric vehicles (EVs) for Honda, based on GM's flexible global EV platform powered by proprietary Ultium batteries."​

Cheers!

The MIC LR Model 3, (if Bloomberg's report is accurate) will not match even match what the range of the current Model S (which has NEDC rated range of +10%)

Thanks for the info. i get that, I'm just pointing out that a 400+ mile Model 3 would cannibalize Model S sales. I'm not saying one exists or that they are going to make one. I could see a 400+ mile M3 if they have a 500+ mile MS, but I don't ever see M3 range being more than MS.

Personally, when deciding what to get to upgrade my 2013 P85, I chose the S because the extra range is really appealing to me for various reasons.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Thanks for the info. i get that, I'm just pointing out that a 400+ mile Model 3 would cannibalize Model S sales. I'm not saying one exists or that they are going to make one. I could see a 400+ mile M3 if they have a 500+ mile MS, but I don't ever see M3 range being more than MS.

True, but we all know that a longer range S is around the corner. All we need to look to is the 500+ mile Cybertruck for $70k to get an idea of where things will be in 12-18 months.