Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The air in LA is so clean and fresh right now. It is amazing how much of an impact low emissions has on immediate health of the many in such short order. Just another point of evidence, a vastly significant one, that confirms Tesla (Elon and Co.) are onto something big here.

THIS! It will be most instructive to see if LA Clean Air ends up saving more lives than Covid-19 takes.

Thanks Elon for more than just Respirators! Like to breath clean air? Buy a Tesla! :D

LA Has The Cleanest Air In The World, Report Says | Apr 6, 2020 7:59 pm

"LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) - With so many people staying at home and off the roads, Los Angeles currently has the cleanest air in the world, according to IQ Air’s live quality city ranking."​

CH33RS!

EDIT: Here's some of the cities with the cleanest air right now (12 pm EST). Anyone you know breathing cleaner air?

IQAir.2020-04-07-10-00.png

Last edited:
Thanks Elon for more than just Respirators! Like to breath clean air? Buy a Tesla! :D

LA Has The Cleanest Air In The World, Report Says | Apr 6, 2020 7:59 pm

"LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) - With so many people staying at home and off the roads, Los Angeles currently has the cleanest air in the world, according to IQ Air’s live quality city ranking."​

CH33RS!
And yet the Los Angeles Times is one of the worst FUD publication out there against Tesla. Why would you rail against a major in state employer? What scumbags.

As an investor I struggle to put any value on FSD. I want to believe that it will be here sooner than later, however investing solely in the belief that it will transpire from Tesla is difficult. I think the auto, energy and battery sector that Tesla occupies is more than enough for a healthy evaluation; FSD is more like a lottery ticket.

Not a "lottery ticket" for me, but the timing may elude us all. This is just one aspect of Tesla that will cause many to say "should have bought some at 500..." And it's not going to be like "It's here!", but instead more of continuous improvement with new features... just like in the past. Then data will start to support even stronger value which will lead to more trust and more demand for the vehicles, along with increasingly more FUD and politics.

I see this more as I am holding the winning lottery ticket, just not sure when the drawing is, and come to find they release one number a month instead of that one day ticket.

Not a "lottery ticket" for me, but the timing may elude us all. This is just one aspect of Tesla that will cause many to say "should have bought some at 500..." And it's not going to be like "It's here!", but instead more of continuous improvement with new features... just like in the past. Then data will start to support even stronger value which will lead to more trust and more demand for the vehicles, along with increasingly more FUD and politics.

I see this more as I am holding the winning lottery ticket, just not sure when the drawing is, and come to find they release one number a month instead of that one day ticket.
Yea I think as an investor it’s important to be cautious but everyone will have their money in place for different reasons. As a fan of Tesla I’m much more optimistic about FSD. There will be benefits we haven’t even discussed that will change transportation forever.

And it’s nice feeling like you have a secret on everyone else. It’s obvious to us that Tesla has the best path to autonomy but anyone outside of the Tesla circle has no clue.

but yea I’m focused on the things Tesla is doing right now with batteries, energy and auto. The autonomy field is beyond me. What a treat it will be if it happens in the next 5 years though!

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Based on what I have read since this article has been produced they are using an alternative way of measuring than the way the EPA does it. So, no 400 mile EPA model 3...yet
Is that like how the Taycan has a 300 mile range in Europe but 240 in the real world? ;)

Yea I think as an investor it’s important to be cautious but everyone will have their money in place for different reasons. As a fan of Tesla I’m much more optimistic about FSD. There will be benefits we haven’t even discussed that will change transportation forever.

And it’s nice feeling like you have a secret on everyone else. It’s obvious to us that Tesla has the best path to autonomy but anyone outside of the Tesla circle has no clue.

but yea I’m focused on the things Tesla is doing right now with batteries, energy and auto. The autonomy field is beyond me. What a treat it will be if it happens in the next 5 years though!

In 5 years? Do you have FSD? Maybe the legal side will take 5 yrs... in every state. I put batteries behind FSD in timing b/c it's still early on Energy. 1,000 roofs a week I think was a production number, not installations. That still doesn't come close to car sales. But energy updates soon maybe?

Sold some random put profits (Foot Locker, DIS, Jets and others) and bought a 6/17/22 $1,100 leap for $51 ($5,100) on 4/2. Up 60% so far... Feel like the market is still destined to plummet again. Debating if I should simply hold, knowing that I got a pretty good price on it or flip it quickly, to reinvest when market tanks again...

Leaning towards holding because I am not good at "timing the market."

Again, this kind of stuff needs to be an insta-ban for new posters and a break for veterans.

I have no idea what drama occurred.

I posted or read here for many many years.

I’m an alcoholic and went to rehab months ago.

I’m back, and this all is weird and different.

It’s worse now and I don’t give one single F to say that fact.

Whoever made this choice should stop making choices or works for VW.
As far as I’m concerned ban me.

Whatever the mods done has ruined this forum.

Absolute black/white.

Imma investigate.

Last edited:

Absolute black/white.

Imma investigate.
Of course it's worse now, there's a goddamn global pandemic and everyone's losing their minds. Doesn't mean a good board shouldn't have proper rules, boundaries, and limitations.

Absolute black/white.

Imma investigate.
OT:
Look at the bright side, I got a few hours back every day since I stopped following every post in this thread.
Priceless.

Last edited:
Of course it's worse now, there's a goddamn global pandemic and everyone's losing their minds. Doesn't mean a good board shouldn't have proper rules, boundaries, and limitations.

No, people aren’t here that usually are and the attitude has changed.

I’ve been here for 10 years of stock movements.

This is different.

We’ve all lost money.

We’ve all made money.

Too contributors don’t flee in mass because the stock is down.

This is nefarious. Will discover and Twitter.

My last post.

Obviously I’m a cancer.

Attachments

• 60084160-79BE-4413-B307-42362601A9CD.png
    60084160-79BE-4413-B307-42362601A9CD.png
    455.5 KB · Views: 70
It's very anecdotal but I swear the new comments on various boards of people picking up new cars isn't much different than it was a few months ago. If this doesn't last too long then perhaps Q2 won't be a total sh&t show.
Sold some random put profits (Foot Locker, DIS, Jets and others) and bought a 6/17/22 $1,100 leap for $51 ($5,100) on 4/2. Up 60% so far... Feel like the market is still destined to plummet again. Debating if I should simply hold, knowing that I got a pretty good price on it or flip it quickly, to reinvest when market tanks again...

Leaning towards holding because I am not good at "timing the market."
I'm having the same conundrum so planning to hold as well.

Obviously I’m a cancer.
I figured you were a Leo.