Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has broken 33m Twitter followers.
Don't worry, I'm sure he can fix that.
Lol, I read GM is going to build EVs for Honda: :p

GM to build EVs for Honda | 1 day ago

"Honda to customize GM EV platform, use GM's recently unveiled battery technology; GM to build Honda vehicles. Detroit, Michigan – General Motors (GM) and Honda will jointly develop two electric vehicles (EVs) for Honda, based on GM's flexible global EV platform powered by proprietary Ultium batteries."​

Cheers!
Ya know, I read that article on their "proprietary Ultium batteries" and all I could find was they were in a different format/shape, and hoping for no cobalt to reduce costs (which wasn't that a claim already made by Tesla and in the works?)

In essence, GM is creating a battery Brand Name based upon their R&D goals, and marketing it like it's the Eveready Bunny. This can work in generating hype (b/c who really understands how much energy is in those AA batteries, or what's a Watt-Hr), but I think it will always boil down to cost and range for the consumer at point of sale, then features. I guess she needed to respond with something at GM, and a cloak of secrecy (for the next decade maybe) around battery technology was a logical response. In theory, solve battery - solve sales, so it's believable for the mass market. I bet they come up with a new metric for confusing the consumer (just like the audio business did with amplifier specs). Maybe something like battery density (b/c of new packs).

wait, was this a

Ya know, I read that article on their "proprietary Ultium batteries" and all I could find was they were in a different format/shape, and hoping for no cobalt to reduce costs (which wasn't that a claim already made by Tesla and in the works?)

In essence, GM is creating a battery Brand Name based upon their R&D goals, and marketing it like it's the Eveready Bunny. This can work in generating hype (b/c who really understands how much energy is in those AA batteries, or what's a Watt-Hr), but I think it will always boil down to cost and range for the consumer at point of sale, then features. I guess she needed to respond with something at GM, and a cloak of secrecy (for the next decade maybe) around battery technology was a logical response. In theory, solve battery - solve sales, so it's believable for the mass market. I bet they come up with a new metric for confusing the consumer (just like the audio business did with amplifier specs). Maybe something like battery density (b/c of new packs).
Or thay may take that odea pf supplying skateboards to other OEMs. I wish them luck

Animals on the move at GF4

Umzugstag für zehntausende Ameisen

Google translated extracts fromof the article:

As a start-up aid, Tost and his colleague from Natur + Text GmbH tip another kilo of sugar to the new quarter to attract the several 10,000 forest ants.

However, the experts also suspect lizards and snakes in specially fenced areas on the Tesla site. They are also protected and must be relocated. But they have to be caught first. Jens Frayer from Natur + Text explains how this should work: "To make our work easier, we have built reptile sheets that warm up quickly. Reptiles like to use these areas to sunbathe or warm up."

In December, 400 bats' nest caves were found during the first inspection. These have clogged the nature experts so that the animals do not nest for clearing. There was still one last pine tree on the site because three bats were sleeping in it. Today they searched for them with a mirror and an endoscope - of which nothing is visible today, as the nature experts have determined.
And to round this post off - a short video by Youtube user Tobias Lindh from earlier today:

The latest Raven+ Model S (March 2020) is rated EPA: 390 mi (630 km) NEDC: 443 mi (713 km).

The MIC LR Model 3, (if Bloomberg's report is accurate) will not match even match what the range of the current Model S (which has +10% more NEDC rated range)

The Model S is the flagship, and will always continue its march toward perfection. Its what they do, and how they're made. ;)
It would be nice if Tesla made cars that actually got their supposed range. There are any number of threads on this subject. The class action suit will be a fudsters dream. Check current thread in Model S driving.

It would be nice if Tesla made cars that actually got their supposed range. There are any number of threads on this subject. The class action suit will be a fudsters dream. Check current thread in Model S driving.
Never had any problem with getting the range on the S I just traded in. Had it for seven years, 130K miles. Actually, I switched to Ideal miles because that was closer to reality. If you drive like Gilles Villeneuve, you're not going to get EPA numbers.

The only difference between a Tesla and an ICE car is that the Tesla actually tells you how much lead is in your foot. You'll never know in an ICE car unless you keep a log.

The Ultium battery chemistry is NCU811, Nickel, Cobalt, Unobtainium.

My model X at 58k miles has a greater 90% range than when i got it-- does the class action go both ways?

• Helpful
Reactions: Thumper
My model X at 58k miles has a greater 90% range than when i got it-- does the class action go both ways?

Yes it does. Please send payment of 10 TSLA shares to [email protected].

Note: please don't actually send anything to that email address. It's not my actual email address and I'd feel bad if whoever owns it received more spam due to me posting his email address on a forum.

The major indices ended up red today, but TSLA gained 5,66%. Yesterday many longs were crying manipulation. Is today shorties turn to cry foul play?

Can’t we just conclude that the stock price eventually finds its rightful place, despite of all the strings being pulled?
In addition to annoying me and costing me money, TSLA being held down Friday gave the macros a couple days to plummet.

Can't we just have no obvious manipulation?

The major indices ended up red today, but TSLA gained 5,66%. Yesterday many longs were crying manipulation. Is today shorties turn to cry foul play?

That's a fair point @Right_Said_Fred . OTOH, days when manipulations look like they happened, such as Friday and yesterday, suggest that TSLA shares are being offered for sale at a manipulator's discount. Sooner or later the market will run with that discount, which fits into your theory.

Another theory about the past two days of TSLA trading is that some big dog fund was unloading TSLA shares. It took two days for the unload to be completed, and today, without that selling, TSLA recovered.

I'm not solidly set on one explanation vs. the other, but as you know I hold a PhD in TSLA short-seller conspiracy theories, so I often opt for the first explanation.

In addition to annoying me and costing me money, TSLA being held down Friday gave the macros a couple days to plummet.

Can't we just have no obvious manipulation?

I’m not saying there is no manipulation on a daily basis, especially around expiry. But as Papafox says, the stock price eventually corrects and finds the place it deserves. It can be frustrating (and costly) for short term players, but long term hodlers probably do not suffer from these manipulations.

Reactions: studiodb
I’m not saying there is no manipulation on a daily basis, especially around expiry. But as Papafox says, the stock price eventually corrects and finds the place it deserves. It can be frustrating (and costly) for short term players, but long term hodlers probably do not suffer from these manipulations.
Why should anyone suffer from these obvious manipulations?