Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, be careful to an extent, but make every attempt to stay informed lest you fall prey to the Ostrich Effect.

I hope that instead of Ostriches we become Meerkats (from Wikipedia on the Ostrich effect)
(And I hope no one else has beaten me to this gem)
A study by Gherzi et al. (2014) showed no perceivable attempt by investors to ignore or avoid negative information, but instead found that "investors increase their portfolio monitoring following both positive and daily negative market returns, behaving more like hyper-vigilant meerkats than head-in-the-sand ostriches". They dubbed this phenomenon "meerkat effect".

I looks like the crumple zone comprises the whole car.

On the Smart Car the entire car is a passenger safety cell.

The Smart Car is like a passenger safety cell in a race car.

I trust Daimler Benz.

I trust Kandi to give me a good lap dance not make me a car.

hqdefault.jpg

I think I missed it. Is there a link to the supposed email about employees being anle to lease Model 3s soon?
According to the Electrek story...

Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla sent an email to employees this week to let them know they will be able to lease Model 3 within the next two weeks.

We contacted Tesla about the email sent to employees about the new Model 3 leasing program and the company confirmed that they are preparing it, but they say that the dates in the email are not final.

A Tesla spokesperson told Electrek in a statement:

“This is simply an internal document to ensure teams are prepared for when we eventually introduce a leasing option to customers. No decision has been made about when Model 3 leasing will be available, but it will definitely be after the dates outlined in this document.”

Tesla is preparing to offer Model 3 leasing to boost demand

As I updated the post, the 24 kwh Leaf was 74/83 miles. In 2016 (?) they updated to 110 miles (~30 kwh).

Buying used (esp. if you didn't check battery status) is not … ideal. I could get about 100 miles in summer and 60 in winter.

Funny thing is now we recharge 3 when the range goes below 100 miles - about the max I used to get in Leaf for 6 years ;)

Ya, I knew the range when I got it. It works for my purposes for now and was only $5,500(minus $500 from PG&E, since the previous owner never claimed the rebate). I have free charging at work and charge half at home and half there. Cost of “fuel” per mile is circa $0.02.

Leased a 2012 LEAF back when that was new also. I think I maxed that at ~70 miles.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...lQbQSNoUl8oHEVd6V&ampcf=1&cshid=1550718967557

I think this article captures it pretty good. There's pressure. Outsiders not invested in the mission are often burnt out and are a detriment to the company. Those who stayed with the company long enough & share the mission are a safer bet.

Thank you Dave Morton and Dane Butswinkas for closing the door to the outsiders into the Tesla.

Changing history is not easy and faint hearted are not welcome. If you can't make sacrifices, stay away from Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncaNed and AndreN
She's great, the interviewers are clueless bobbleheads. CNBC must hire from the very bottom of the pile.
The talking heads are so painful to listen to. love Cathy wood. It astonished me that the talking head guys can’t accept what Tesla is doing.
To me it looked like they really really tried to push the narrative they were given.
Cathy did a superb job there keeping them in check.

They can't see the forest through the trees. :rolleyes:

She's great, the interviewers are clueless bobbleheads. CNBC must hire from the very bottom of the pile.
I don't know how it works - but I'm guessing the producer/staff gives questions before hand, which they ask. They are probably not good at follow up questions or if the guest says something different than what the producer/staff thought. I expect anchors to know a few things about a lot of companies, but very shallow.