Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm aware of that video, since I was the one who originally posted it here. Since no one else is using NCA chemistry I don't see how Tesla releasing this patent does anything to support the growth of the EV industry. So if Tesla has no intention of using this patent and if no one else is likely to use it it's rather pointless. Now it may be applicable to other cell chemistries and this is simply a hint at what might be coming.

The original art being patented is the sintering process to create the single crystal anode material, not the chemistry per se:

“Method for Synthesizing Nickel-Cobalt-Aluminum Electrodes.”​

EDIT: This is probably bad news for shareholders of anode powder manufacturers: Sounds highly likely that Tesla is setting themselves up to produce their own anode materials :p

Again, it is highly unlikely that Tesla will include any Cobalt in their new batteries. This patent is NOT the whole recipe, or even binding on what they will produce. It's IP, and another tool in Telsa's toolbox.

Last edited:
Looks like this week TSLA got a 5% haircut (vs the major indices slightly up for the week)

A week ago, the Upper BB was at $764 (slipping below which is what many would say triggered the selloff). Today, the Upper-BB is at $829, which gives us much more 'head-room' (over $110 from current SP) for a sustained climb on Earnings.

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-04-24.14-20.png

That's called 'PROGRESS'. I'll take it, thanks.

Cheers!

What's fascinating about today's trading is the lack of those 40K+/minute selling sprees we saw on Thursday. My expectation were that they'd continue today in order to affect options closing, but whoever was juicing the dips on Thursday is sitting on their hands today. Maybe they're playing swing tricks, however, with push downward on vulnerable days and running with the price upswing the next day. Let's watch over the next few trading days to see if this is an emerging pattern.

There are no rules for being added to the Dow 30, only that the index is supposed to be representative of the economy. I've noticed the Dow doesn't have a single auto company..

In order for Tesla to be added they would have to do a stock split since the index is weighted by stock price, not market cap. This is the reason Alphabet and Amazon aren't on it - their high share prices would cause them to dominate the index. Each dollar of share price represents around six Dow points, so if any stock dropped a hundred dollars the Dow would drop around 600 points. Tesla would probably have to do a 10 for 1 stock split to be considered for inclusion. I say do it - they're going to have a real shot at it in as soon as the next few years if all goes well.

I clicked that because YOU posted it. My assumption was that it therefore must contain valuable information you want me to know — because. I had my doubts but I trusted you.

Turns out you sent me down a never ending rabbit hole of what exactly is that guy smoking!?

Now I don’t trust you.
Since when cats started trusting people?

Traffic Light and Stop Sign Controls (BETA) is out of Early Access as of 2020.12.6: Currently being updated to 2020.12.6 : teslamotors

Hopefully Q2 will get a little boost of recognized FSD revenue from this.
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Controls (BETA) is out of Early Access as of 2020.12.6: Currently being updated to 2020.12.6 : teslamotors

Hopefully Q2 will get a little boost of recognized FSD revenue from this.

A little FSD revenue? Stop signs and traffic lights should release the majority of it. There isn't much core FSD functionality remaining to be delivered after that.

A little FSD revenue? Stop signs and traffic lights should release the majority of it. There isn't much core FSD functionality remaining to be delivered after that.

City NOA is the last remaining promised piece, I believe. Autopilot can now stop at stop lights and stop signs, but it cannot make left or right turns.

There are no rules for being added to the Dow 30, only that the index is supposed to be representative of the economy. I've noticed the Dow doesn't have a single auto company..

In order for Tesla to be added they would have to do a stock split since the index is weighted by stock price, not market cap. This is the reason Alphabet and Amazon aren't on it - their high share prices would cause them to dominate the index. Each dollar of share price represents around six Dow points, so if any stock dropped a hundred dollars the Dow would drop around 600 points. Tesla would probably have to do a 10 for 1 stock split to be considered for inclusion. I say do it - they're going to have a real shot at it in as soon as the next few years if all goes well.

Honestly, he DOW is a stupid index, and should be ignored.