Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And... there plunges TSLA, for some reason or another....

ED: Consumer Reports talking about "reliability concerns".

ED2: Tesla Model 3 Loses CR Recommendation Over Reliability Issues

"Tesla Model 3 Loses CR Recommendation Over Reliability Issues
Owners report problems with paint, trim, and electronics in Consumer Reports' survey"

Nice. Definitely lots of detail into CA sales

Looking at the top selling models in each segment, Tesla still has plenty of opportunity in the compact, and midsize car market.

Also in the pickup category, full size and compact/midsize;
The compact pickup doesn't really exist in the US anymore. I think they all got upsized since around 2008, so I would think there is an opportunity there. It might be something Tesla could look at.

And of course the SUV category is wide open for Tesla, with the compact SUV being the largest.
I wonder if some of this is influenced by the fact that honda and Toyota are the two largest domestic producers in the state of CA.

To put things into context, based on the results of the Model 3 Owners Survey, the "phantom click" issue that CR describes only applied to a single batch of screens from spring of 2018. All of the issues were constrained to deliveries from a very specific period in time. But of course, when you simply mix together a whole year's worth of issues...

To put things into context, based on the results of the Model 3 Owners Survey, the "phantom click" issue that CR describes only applied to a single batch of screens from spring of 2018. All of the issues were constrained to deliveries from a very specific period in time. But of course, when you simply mix together a whole year's worth of issues...

A Tesla spokesperson said, "The vast majority of these issues have already been corrected through design and manufacturing improvements."

How many people really complete the CR survey … I want to know their numbers. Also its a self selected, non random ("not scientific") survey.

As a supporter of the EV revolution, as well as an inhabitant of Planet Earth, I am seriously worried. I was excited about VWs apparent commitment to a full-on transition to EVs, so this type of setback is not good. It is in fact not good for Tesla either, as less (or delayed) competition might make them feel complacent in terms of persistently bringing costs down and improving their offering.

Lol. If you think Tesla will ever become complacent with Elon in charge, you need to do more homework on how he has run Tesla and SpaceX since they were founded.

While there is indeed a lot of truth in the CR report the lack on any qualifying information makes it pretty close to a quasi FUD. Overall this point isn’t going to be the one to lower the stock too much. Practically NOBODY is deciding to buy or not but the model 3 based on anything CR reports.