Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the questions it raises for me is the possibility of affixing to LG a Restraint of Trade charge. That's a pretty serious illegality in most jurisdictions and it sure smells like that to me.

Depends on the contracts I guess: if VW signed some sort of exclusive supplier agreement with LG, based on which LG started high capex, long lead time expansion projects, they will be legitimately upset about VW reneging on the contract.

If VW broke a contract then I guess LG will be within their rights to stop shipments. I'm sure there's plenty of other carmakers who could make use of that battery cell capacity.

The fact that VW is negotiating with LG suggests that LG would have the right to stop shipments.

One more argument in the "why are cylindrical cells superior to pouch cells" column.

""The spokesperson added, "This new data from Consumer Reports comes from their annual Owner Satisfaction survey, which runs from July through September, so the vast majority of these issues have already been corrected through design and manufacturing ""improvements, and we are already seeing a significant improvement in our field data."

I make a tweet for Elon "Please Elon Buy CR and close it"

How about let's not stoop so low to use ageism? I don't subscribe to CR, nor follow their "recommendations"

But, I do want to thank them for their helping drive $TSLA down today. Trigger finger happy now.

It wasnt meant to be offensive. My parents are in their 60's and 70's. So are my aunts and uncles. They all still use CR for their purchases.

You've been saying this for the past month or so and have yet to be right. The only reason we hit those numbers was because Musk's leadership ability was in question. Ain't happening unless we experience similar circumstances again.
All we need is Charlie Gasparino to tweet “SCOOP: SEC questioning Tesla board over 500k production tweet”
Just a simple inquiry will do it. I’m just being realistic and looking at the clear (short term) downtrend, bearish divergence and lack of buyers at these September 2014 prices. I don’t claim to be a professional trader, I’m just sharing my opinion.

With good news, stock could pop 10-20% anytime now

How about let's not stoop so low to use ageism? I don't subscribe to CR, nor follow their "recommendations"

But, I do want to thank them for their helping drive $TSLA down today. Trigger finger happy now.

Of topic, and not trying to be offensive but there is some irony here in word choices that might offend people/be politically incorrect.

Funny post. Did you have to think a long time to come up with it? How about responsible people who want a status symbol? How about those for who safety is important enough to buy a luxury car? How about those who want comfort? What data are you relying on?

Agreed, funny for sure but likely highly inaccurate. I don’t think there is evidence that China Tesla buyers are limited to those with “too much money and no sense”.
Tesla stores in China are reportedly seeing a tsunami of Model 3 orders

Last edited:
I make a tweet for Elon "Please Elon Buy CR and close it"

"Please Elon Buy CR and reform its editorial process, so that the car that subscribers love the most isn't 'derecommended' based on flawed logic."

"Please also use your owner privileges to investigate past CR incidents: how, why and to whom did CR leak such market moving information?"