Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that the overall number of Tesla Model 3s sold is higher than the number of electric Tesla Model 3s sold. Is... is there a powertrain option that I'm unaware of?
That would be the VW ID3 style, zero powertrain variant.

I may not count for much, but I found your posts valuable and will miss them.
What a humble statement - and from an American no less.

Not poking at you @wtlloyd, just using your comment to add on.

One of the brilliant things about Elon and Tesla (IMHO) is that instead of investing time in trying to tell or persuade people of what they should want, or what is adequate for their needs, he meets people where they're at and supplies products that they want.

You want a big pickup truck - here comes Cybertruck. Whether other people think you need it or not, whether it's use is ~99% on paved roads, too and from an office building, here comes an option for you.

You want a big luxury SUV / crossover - here's Model X. Whether you ever put 3+ people in it at a time (our Model X is mostly single person - me - and is sometimes me with 1 or 2 cats, and rarely 2 people), and whether you ever use it to carry kids around (we don't).

You want ridiculous performance - we've got variations on that (for a price!) on every model we sell, whether anybody actually needs that ridiculous performance or not.

The cool thing about driving electric is that me and my Model X is still more efficient at converting energy into motion than approximately every other vehicle I see on the road. You need many people in a gas burning vehicle and/or a different Tesla to be more efficient (89 mpge, there are a few exceptions in other electric vehicles).

It's a lot easier to provide people options that meet their needs as they define them, than it is to tell / persuade people to change what they think that they need.

Great post. This is Truth. In fact, this is how you change the world. You can't polarize half of the country by labeling them idiots if you want to get to the finish line or try to use regulations to force them to truly change. You find what you have in common and bring your best to make them something that blows their mind. It creates passion and loyalty like no other. It is pragmatic and an important lesson on how you really get to the finish line. Tesla is doing this on a global scale with factory placement and future product placement/development, imo.

I’ll give you guys update

Tsla has a strong start today but was pushed into the 770’s early. It stayed there until 15 min ago it broke out to 786. Now macros turned negative for a bit and pushed us back into 770’s. I don’t think max pain has changed from 735 but sentiment is high right now for Tesla. It’s likely Trump’s fight with China gives them reason to take us back to 750-735 range this week.

Things that would change that:
A factory reopening date.

Not sure if any manufacturing will be opening, but still hoping that things will change:

Gavin Newsom on Twitter

upload_2020-5-5_12-23-54.png

I’ll give you guys update

Tsla has a strong start today but was pushed into the 770’s early. It stayed there until 15 min ago it broke out to 786. Now macros turned negative for a bit and pushed us back into 770’s. I don’t think max pain has changed from 735 but sentiment is high right now for Tesla. It’s likely Trump’s fight with China gives them reason to take us back to 750-735 range this week.

Things that would change that:
A factory reopening date.

So you're saying us long-term buy and hold investors don't need to do anything right now?

Whew! :cool: