Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The US as a whole has been a spectacular failure at organizing a well thought out, well communicated response and action from the very start. This county is totally incompetent.....but the governor is giving them that power to be incompetent. The federal government is giving that governor the power to do that. It's a system wide breakdown from the top to the bottom. Embarrassing to see the US fail so badly compared to Asian countries and now even European countries.

The US is culturally structured to be vulnerable to a pandemic. "Mah Freedom", to the point of damaging other's freedom is too prevalent and I do not believe everyone is capable of realizing that exercising their freedom will lead to harming others in certain circumstances.

Fremont Statement of Fremont mayor on Tesla situation:

“As the local shelter-in-place order continues without provisions for major manufacturing activity, such as Tesla, to resume, I am growing concerned about the potential implications for our regional economy. We know many essential businesses have proven they can successfully operate using strict safety and social distancing practices. I strongly believe these same practices could be possible for other manufacturing businesses, especially those that are so critical to our employment base. The City encourages the County to engage with our local businesses to come up with acceptable guidelines for re-opening our local economy. As we have done for over a decade, the City is prepared to support Tesla as soon as they are able to resume automobile manufacturing operations and are committed to a thoughtful, balanced approach to this effort that remains safe for our Fremont community.”
Seems like Elons approach of playing hardball is paying off:D

You didn't get my point at all. The point is no one really knows when this will end or be controlled enough to open things up for the public. At some point we will have to just try it out and see what happens ... that's what CA is doing. All that Health official is trying to do is keep the public safe ... yes she may be overzealous but there are ways for influential people like Elon to contact other influential people (Newsom) and get the wheels greased. Twitter ranting is not one of them IMHO.

I'm not sure why you keep posting this opinion while ignoring the multiple things that myself and other posters have pointed out about how flawed this county's plan is and why their plan is unachievable. It's not like we're crying from the heaven's for the county to ignore data and blindly open up their county. There's very specific and real reasons as to why Elon, us investors, and the people of this county are fed up with them.

Yikes. I now feel sorry for Dr. Pan. seriously.

I agree with this. In fact the only thing I did not like about Elon’s tweet is him calling out Dr Pan. I don’t think this woman has any decision making power. She is probably just the messenger in this mess.

I read somewhere that a county official was reviewing Tesla’s safety measures and that more information is coming next week. Maybe Elon is just forcing the county’s hand because they are just taking their own sweet time. I just feel bad for the woman that she got dragged into this. And unfortunately will end up being the scape goat.

Yeah... suddenly you make me worried here. Can they find enough skilled workers there in Nevada/Texas?
Hmm, have to check with Adobe, Amazon, AMD, Cisco, Apple, Dell, Google, IBM, National Instruments, and NVDIA and see if they have been able to find any.

That's just Austin.

“As the local shelter-in-place order continues without provisions for major manufacturing activity, such as Tesla, to resume, I am growing concerned about the potential implications for our regional economy. We know many essential businesses have proven they can successfully operate using strict safety and social distancing practices. I strongly believe these same practices could be possible for other manufacturing businesses, especially those that are so critical to our employment base. The City encourages the County to engage with our local businesses to come up with acceptable guidelines for re-opening our local economy. As we have done for over a decade, the City is prepared to support Tesla as soon as they are able to resume automobile manufacturing operations and are committed to a thoughtful, balanced approach to this effort that remains safe for our Fremont community.”

wow this is much pretty much saying Tesla has the green light?

• Love
Reactions: gene and Quesder
You didn't get my point at all. The point is no one really knows when this will end or be controlled enough to open things up for the public. At some point we will have to just try it out and see what happens ... that's what CA is doing. All that Health official is trying to do is keep the public safe ... yes she may be overzealous but there are ways for influential people like Elon to contact other influential people (Newsom) and get the wheels greased. Twitter ranting is not one of them IMHO.
You seriously don't think Elon contacted Newsom? C'mon now.

Newsom could have spared us the drama if he stepped in earlier and brought the sides together to reach an agreement. This is what governors do when their biggest manufacturer is involved. It's a lack of leadership on his part.

Hmm, have to check with Adobe, Amazon, AMD, Cisco, Apple, Dell, Google, IBM, National Instruments, and NVDIA and see if they have been able to find any.

That's just Austin.

SpaceX and Tesla are literally the #1 and #2 destinations for graduating engineers. Talented engineers will follow wherever they go and they will get their choice of the litter.

...And it's because they are companies with a mission beyond just "Make a shiny golden parachute for management". They make real, cool products that the engineers themselves want to see made, while most of SV (let's be honest now) basically makes sanctioned malware for advertisers, building private surveillance systems that would even make Orwell blush.

I agree with this. In fact the only thing I did not like about Elon’s tweet is him calling out Dr Pan. I don’t think this woman has any decision making power. She is probably just the messenger in this mess.

I read somewhere that a county official was reviewing Tesla’s safety measures and that more information is coming next week. Maybe Elon is just forcing the county’s hand because they are just taking their own sweet time. I just feel bad for the woman that she got dragged into this. And unfortunately will end up being the scape goat.

I don’t buy that. If the decision isn’t hers, then tell your audience that. It’s simple.

Now It's time for Mr. Newsom to be more than a suit with a nice head of hair...

You seriously don't think Elon contacted Newsom? C'mon now.

Newsom could have spared us the drama if he stepped in earlier and brought the sides together to reach an agreement. This is what governors do when their biggest manufacturer is involved. It's a lack of leadership on his part.

I honestly don't know if he did or not. I will say, this is the same CEO that was tweeting that the stock price was "too high" just the other day. Elon has definitely had moments where I have to question his judgment ... Pedo?? Really .... is there no end to the nonsense people will put up with? I love Tesla and have 7 figures worth of stock .... I'm highly invested ... and at one point I loved Elon and sometimes I still do ... but there have been many instances where his actions have hurt shareholder value (yes I know it's way up now .... ) and the stock has recovered. I'm invested in Tesla for one reason alone .... the products. Elon for me has become a liability ... not an asset and it pains me to say this. I'd MUCH prefer if Apple bought Tesla and we could have Tim Cook running the show ... Elon might learn a thing or two.

I'm done .... believe what you want makes no difference to me but I stand by my posts.

There are so many GREAT things that could come from Tesla moving production out of CA.

1) Improved tax situation (greatly)
2) Cheaper labor force (CA cost of living is brutal, and Tesla has to shoulder part of that with higher wages).
3) Improved factory design - Giga Shanghai, and soon Giga Germany, have shown that Tesla is learning more and more how to streamline production. More cars, BETTER car assembly, with fewer employees. Tesla could take this as the next iteration, to build a factory how they want for their needs. With Freemont, it was a great deal when they got it, but they are stuck with some legacy layout and design problems on the building that hinder production.
4) Smack in the face to CA politicians that thought they could continue to do anything and the population would be forced to accept it.

Just my 0.02. But as a shareholder, I'm 100% behind Elon if he decides to move out of CA and never look back.

Last edited: