Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows if they're targeting US or exports...but I don't think thats right about the FCA credits. I'm not at able to look it up right now but we've all been expecting around 200-250 million every quarter in 2020 in fca credits based on normal amount exports quarterly and it would be increasing on a quarterly basis in 2021 because the penalty is higher. But if anyone else wants to chime in that'd be great.

European bound

upload_2020-5-11_16-45-36.png

Honest question, does the Verge have multiple sources confirming these allegations? Or just anonymous "employees." I would not put it past TSLAQ to bombard news outlets with partially true stories peppered with false allegations while pretending to be employees.
Sean is almost up there with Lora, Russ and Charles

I believe the most likely scenario over the next week is that the county continues demanding that Tesla close again (but never actually enforces anything), with Tesla continuing to operate. Tesla then gets the official go ahead for production on May 18th (Alameda basically has already commited to this), and continues production legally.
This allows everybody to save face, and the lawyers can argue over the period from March 16th to May 11th ad infinitum, if Alameda so chooses, without it having too big of an impact.

I don’t buy it. Idealists like the ones in charge in Alameda don’t ever budge, especially with someone whom they will derisively call a “billionaire”, especially after being humiliated by their own stupidity.

I really hope I’m wrong, but I think Alameda will hold their ground.

Sean O'Kane on Twitter

“Tesla is opening up & called back furloughed employees in violation of local order. Those uncomfortable w/ coming in must take unpaid leave, forcing them to choose between $$ and coronavirus risk. Many now can’t take paid leave because Tesla cashed it out Tesla has already started making cars again at its California factory

What's the difference between starting today or next Monday? Both will have the same coronavirus risk.

Why do all these folks ignore that every other us auto manufacturers is open?

What's the difference between starting today or next Monday? Both will have the same coronavirus risk.

Why do all these folks ignore that every other us auto manufacturers is open?

people keep saying this as if it’s true. Neither part is true. The big 3 are opening on the 18, difference is Tesla is technically forbidden but they are voluntarily opening on the 18

This topic is extremely pertinent to Tesla investing (before the mods ban it).
There's a Coronavirus thread you can post in.

Fairy Modfather: agree, and the only functioning moderator very nicely asked people to behave while he went to bed. Moderator baiting (that's you, @kbM3) is a dangerous sport. I moved the other posts. --ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is already backlash on Reddit, outside of the teslamotors sub. All the old misinformation about musk is being reposted and upvoted. People are talking about canceling reservations.

Some of this is going to generate new demand. The question is whether it will be net positive or negative.

The cat should buy another share.
The backlash won’t last very long and I doubt it will have any teal teeth. Also, folks threatening to cancel - well I also doubt if they ever had any reservations to begin with. Plus, the goodwill that Elon is building in the opposite camp far outweighs any self righteous anger in the backlash camp.

let’s be honest, the view of the virus and pandemic today is quite different from 8 weeks ago when the shutdowns started. At that time, we were being warned of Extreme consequences and the world coming to end if precautions were not taken. Anyone who even hinted or questioned these decisions were being roasted by everyone.

Now, with 8 weeks of data in hand, it has become obvious that the initial dire predictions are not coming to pass. It may be because of the strict social distances measures or not - at this point it is immaterial. In CA especially the Bay Area there is no rationale for continued shutdown and destruction of local economies. So the backlash will fizzle out pretty soon.

I leave you with this gem I found on Twitter. Demand will increase as more of the folks on the traditionally right side become more aware of Tesla.

Sorry cat, you don’t get an extra share.

upload_2020-5-11_17-0-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-11_17-0-56.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-11_17-0-56.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 31
After-action Report: Mon, May 11, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $808.36
Volume: 16,548,274
Traded: $13,376,891,061.41 ($13.38 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 100.37%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 40.2% (42nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 54.6% (54th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "Its Groundhog Day. Again."

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-05-11.png

Essentially they said that Tesla needs to file a plan, and if they agree with that plan then everything is fine. So they can save face, by saying that Tesla hadn't done everything necessary, but now they have. (After they receive the plan.)
Didn't Tesla already do exactly that...lay out their plan I mean?

Dan

The backlash won’t last very long and I doubt it will have any teal teeth. Also, folks threatening to cancel - well I also doubt if they ever had any reservations to begin with. Plus, the goodwill that Elon is building in the opposite camp far outweighs any self righteous anger in the backlash camp.

let’s be honest, the view of the virus and pandemic today is quite different from 8 weeks ago when the shutdowns started. At that time, we were being warned of Extreme consequences and the world coming to end if precautions were not taken. Anyone who even hinted or questioned these decisions were being roasted by everyone.

Now, with 8 weeks of data in hand, it has become obvious that the initial dire predictions are not coming to pass. It may be because of the strict social distances measures or not - at this point it is immaterial. In CA especially the Bay Area there is no rationale for continued shutdown and destruction of local economies. So the backlash will fizzle out pretty soon.

I leave you with this gem I found on Twitter. Demand will increase as more of the folks on the traditionally right side become more aware of Tesla.

Sorry cat, you don’t get an extra share.

View attachment 540846

Dude.

Three Year Letterman is a legendary internet troll.

He's actually an attorney.

I agree with your argument but your evidence is not legit. It's all an act a la Titiana McGrath.

Don't feel bad though. Karen Rei had a lengthy spat with him as I recall.

Last edited:
people keep saying this as if it’s true. Neither part is true. The big 3 are opening on the 18, difference is Tesla is technically forbidden but they are voluntarily opening on the 18

The big 3 have “approval” to open today, hence why Elon wrote his tweet below.

Twitter

The other automakers “chose” to wait until may 18 while waiting for their suppliers which ARE opening today. Evidently Tesla doesn’t have to wait for their suppliers.

Michigan manufacturing can resume production Monday, auto plants to restart May 18

Last edited:
We're living in extremely weird times.

When I read Nextdoor and Facebook, so many people who have been staunchly against Elon and Tesla are now all of a sudden the biggest fans. I cannot describe this very strange observation. And seems like Elon would love them right back.

I'm willing to bet this fling soon falls apart once the economy is mostly opened back up again and life is more semi-normal.