Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the optics? Just wow... I know this is an investors forum where money rules everything else out there but wow... I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops. The sheer amount of arrogance and ignorance shown by Elon needs to have consequences. Clearly few here are willing to provide any... I never knew money was so much more important than peoples health and safety. The investment community here has shown without a doubt, money rules.

Most people are agreeing with Elon for a bunch of different reasons. Making money through Tesla stock is not even in the top ten for most people. Elon, and people that agree with him, do not believe that restarting manufacturing with the detailed protection measures Tesla has (you have read them, right?) will harm workers.

So please knock off the rhetoric ascribing false motivations for our positions.

Do you now understand why we might be just a little better off listening to the experts in the field rather than someone exercising their “right” to question Science?

Err, that's actually very terrible way to doing science. A lot fo great discovery is actually coming from people with no formal degrees.

Srinivasa Ramanujan - Wikipedia

Science does not care about your title, status or experience. You have right to question and the fact can be derived and reproduced in truth-able manner.

I knew a lot of professors could barely derive the math no better than high school graduate that passed the math AP class. Their technical skills have been regressed to administration and file proposal for government funding.

If you looked at COVID-Sim wrote by Imperial College, oh my, that's the worst code I have ever seen:
mrc-ide/covid-sim

This version already has cleaned up but still in bad shape.
No design doc, no review, no unit testing, no formal statical model proving. The same conditions will yield different results.
And this is what politicians used to drive the policy, justifying the limit of civil rights and damage of economics.

The code being used by Space Shuttle program has went through much more rigorous review, just to protect 7 people.
Even weather prediction model is much better shape.

When your data and model are both compromised, misinformation will follow.
In this case, it is even worse because the source of truth has been compromised.

When the entire civilization is on halt, yes, people have right to question that.

This is not that simple. There are many Tesla fans, investors, and owners who are what I consider COVID hysteria camp. i.e. they believe that if there is no guarantee that a single worker would not get a sore throat then he should not reopen. These people are not members of TSLAQ. This affair will have at least a temporary backlash against Musk and Tesla. This will mean somewhat less word of mouth advertisements, reduced sales, etc.

There is already backlash on Reddit, outside of the teslamotors sub. All the old misinformation about musk is being reposted and upvoted. People are talking about canceling reservations.

Some of this is going to generate new demand. The question is whether it will be net positive or negative.

The cat should buy another share.

Alameda County Public Health Department on Twitter

EXxVFzgU0AASLZE

I'm off to bed now (0.40 AM here in Europe), so I'll leave the hen house to the foxes. Today there were request for the banning of several posters. Mods don't do requests. No one is getting banned for posting negative numbers of writing less than glaring things about Tesla or Elon (unless it's a fresh account with the sole purpose of trolling). No one is gettng banned on the basis of the number of disagrees. And no one is getting banned until after a warning, which someone just got. I'm sure Jeff didn't mean to wish ill on anyone. We just live in difficult times.

Before Q3 19, and specifically during the M3 ramp, the conversation was a lot more balanced, and therefore valuable, here. Now, any comment that isn’t gushing with Tesla praise is met with a flurry of dislikes (my last only got 37 disagrees - how disappointing). I think so few dissenting voices can be interpreted two ways - 1) valuable contributors that could admit Tesla had shortcomings have left and only blind followers remain or 2) Tesla has become incredibly overvalued given the current situation and a reasonable pullback over the next 2Q is probable. (And let the thumbs down begin...)
I would hope that people who get "disagrees" (there is no actual thumbs down) understand that the fan boys here simply disagree which is to be expected. It doesn't mean anything personal. Now when people on either side (talk with 007 about that) start posting without any links or useful information then, yes, they get run off. I have gotten disagrees to and I hand them out. It means I do not agree with the persons information.

Note I did not disagree with your post because I think there is a good chance for downward pressure on the SP. There is a large amount of things that could cause opinions about the stock price to change to the downside. Currently except for the magic 8 ball no one knows what the Macro is going to do. Tesla for Tesla sake is looking very good. Multiple factories under construction. Products rolling off the line. Profits quarter after quarter after quarter. High demand. I can understand the bulls being excited. I am. Macro does worry me a bit.

Please feel free to post some links with the evidence of the SP being over priced. Is it concerns of a second wave of C19? Maybe something coming to head over the restart of Fremont? A plague in the Fremont factory unlike GF3? You would get less dislike with content worthy of this topic.

Um... I was just against that opening as this one... Elon doesn't care about anyone else other than himself, his actions have more than demonstrated that fact.

Jeff
What complete nonsense!

First what you gave is an opinion which has no evidence to support it. However there is plenty of evidence to show it is wrong.

Buying ventilators and giving them away.

Building clean transportation and energy storage which enables solar and wind to replace peaker power plants.

Giving solar cells and battery storage to hospitals in Puerto Rico after it was ravished by a hurricane.

Buying PPE equipment and giving it away to hospitals.

What the hell have you done?

So they literally sent Tesla a sternly worded letter.
I don't think they are particularly interested in enforcing the order, if in their view they can avoid it.

The statement is right move since they cannot admit that they were overreaching.
If the county is smart, they should stop playing Elon's game and let it go.

There are a lot of things media need to cover. In five days, people shift to the next things.

I don't think they are particularly interested in enforcing the order, if in their view they can avoid it.

And more specifically, it confirms that Tesla is still working with them, and will be submitting an iterated plan yet today.

I think the major risks here are largely over at this point.

There is already backlash on Reddit, outside of the teslamotors sub. All the old misinformation about musk is being reposted and upvoted. People are talking about canceling reservations.

Some of this is going to generate new demand. The question is whether it will be net positive or negative.

The cat should buy another share.

A lot of demographics on reddit has very little financial impact and could WFH, and still live in Shelter-in-Place bubble.
Same goes to a lot of Tesla buyers because Tesla is quite expensive.

But what's the alternative if not buying Tesla if they want to go EV? Chevy Bolt? Nissan Leaf?
Or maybe they are willing to pollute the air with next ICE?

Essentially they said that Tesla needs to file a plan, and if they agree with that plan then everything is fine. So they can save face, by saying that Tesla hadn't done everything necessary, but now they have. (After they receive the plan.)

Love the optics? Just wow... I know this is an investors forum where money rules everything else out there but wow... I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops. The sheer amount of arrogance and ignorance shown by Elon needs to have consequences. Clearly few here are willing to provide any... I never knew money was so much more important than peoples health and safety. The investment community here has shown without a doubt, money rules.

Jeff

EDIT: What I was trying to say here is the decisions being made that ignore the restrictions in place put people at risk unnecessarily and that actions have consequences. I don't believe in going to back and deleting posts or altering posts but I felt like at least better explaining what i thought in slight deeper context than what I originally posted.

Good to know that you're a media bootlicker

Literally everything is opening up. Get used to it