Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-5-16_7-14-5.png

When the Alaska pipeline construction was in full swing and the State was swimming in oil workers who were there for that project, one of the more famous slogans in Alaska of that era was born.............."Happiness is 10,000 Okies headed south with a Texan under each arm"

unknown.png

That oil boom was followed shortly by one in Alberta, and thus Alberta was descended upon by a similar crowd..............and a new slogan (and bumper sticker) was born

unknown.png

And if you drive through Alberta today, you will see Texas-sized pickups working the highways between the oil towns proudly displaying prayers for the next oil boom

unknown.png

I never cease to be amazed at the Paradigm Shifts that Elon brings to the World. Seeing Texas and Oklahoma reaching out publicly for Elon to build the next Tesla Electric Vehicle and Battery factory in their states after living through the Alaska Pipeline, the Alberta Tar Sands, and Texas/Oklahoma Fracking boom eras is almost too much to believe. And yet now I may live to see the day when there are Cybertrucks rolling across Texas and Oklahoma with bumper stickers that read "Please God let there be another Green Energy boom, I promise not to piss it away next time". Isn't life Grand!

Yes it tanked but of course... there's a pandemic. But we should note the positive aspect here... I don't believe we have this sort of data for gasoline/diesel sales. Having it for electric cars will be a great asset

Keep in mind, I can make a 500 km round trip every day without ever using a Supercharger. Last I checked, there was no practical way to fill an ICE vehicle nightly at home. Therefore if daily short trips were the same with both types of vehicles, you’d see gas station sales not fall as far.

Price T Rowe Associates sold most of TSLA holdings in Q1 2020 according to Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Institutional Holdings

These guys held Tesla through many boom and busts in SP so I wonder what caused this sudden divestiture?

I have been looking into some of these latest filings. I’m confused about the timing of these filings. If these are end of Q1 holdings what’s the point of filing them in Mid May. So much could have changed between 03/31 and 05/15. TSLA closing price on 03/31 was 524.00. I also read Renaissance sold all their shares while GS and JPM added to their positions.

Anybody know how this works? Is there a way to look at real time data for institutional ownership?

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
From my uneducated perch, it seems that if you know how the options industry works it would be easy to make money because one could just copy what the MMs do and where they want the strike price to be each week/month and mimic their strategy.
That only works if there is also low volume. High volume makes that strategy less than ideal.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
What bet did you lose?

"Know thy enemy..."

Only helps solidify my Long position in TSLA. :-D Been holding since 2013, wont consider selling until Elon cash in on all his options and Tsla is a trillion dollar company..

I am blocked by Tslaq on my main twitter account, these podcasts is one way to gleam a look on whats behind their blocklist-wall.

(I have a inside-bruner TSLAQ account, but its easier ot listen to these podcasts while driving.. or doing something else.. Reading Tslaq tweets mostly just hurt my eyes and brain..)

Last edited:
Reactions: Queeg500
Next time you might want to crop out the part that shows that you liked that tweet....

Lol.. ;-) Good eye, I was waiting for someone to point that one out.

Used my "burner" twitter account to catch that gem - have to keep up pretences.. I am undercover TSLAQ with that one.

In my other, main twitter account, I haven been blocked by machine planet ages ago. ;-)

(If you doubt me allegiance, PM me and I will share my main twitter-account handle in private.)

Last edited:
Bloomberg: Drastic Makeover Looms for World's Most Followed Stock Index--More than 30 firms may be removed from the S&P 500

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

The article states:
Shifts in index composition are made as needed and “changes in response to corporate actions and market developments can be made at any time,” according to S&P Dow Jones Indices. Human judgment is part of the process, too: the committee aims to minimize turnover and doesn’t view crossing below thresholds governing, say, market capitalization, as a reason unto itself to boot a stock out.

The "human judgment" part is why I think even if TSLA doesn't have a profitable Q2 it will nevertheless likely be added to the S&P 500 this year; inclusion/exclusion is not based only on hard-and-fast rules. Many companies will be booted this year, TSLA is a reasonable replacement.

Smart guys......

Stopped reading.

Nah.. you are missing out.

Tslaq may thrive within their echo-chamber. I prefer to know it all...

TMC is sometimes also a borderline echo-chamber (TSLA).. Listening to these podcasts make it pretty obvious our echo-chamber is the better one. Theirs are pure paranoia and filled with retards. :-D

TslaQ arguments are like real trolls - out in the open, they burst when struck by sunshine.

And my jaw hurt from all the smiling/laughing.. TeslaCharts and Paul have some weird logic going on.. pure stupid but they wrap it up in glossy paper - and enough people believe their crap. :-(

I have been looking into some of these latest filings. I’m confused about the timing of these filings. If these are end of Q1 holdings what’s the point of filing them in Mid May. So much could have changed between 03/31 and 05/15. TSLA closing price on 03/31 was 524.00. I also read Renaissance sold all their shares while GS and JPM added to their positions.

Anybody know how this works? Is there a way to look at real time data for institutional ownership?

They have until middle of the 2nd month after period end to file required reports. I bet they wait until the end to not show their hand (poker reference)

Used my "burner" twitter account to catch that gem - have to keep up pretences.. I am undercover TSLAQ with that one.

In my other, main twitter account, I haven been blocked by machine planet ages ago. ;-)

(If you doubt me allegiance, PM me and I will share my main twitter-account handle in private.)

41pa2y.jpg

The problem is that trade unions are really just like professional executives. Both focus only on the short term and what they can get this quarter rather than the long term health of the company. Neither actually protect the workers. Executives because Wall Street rewards layoffs and Unions because a closed business or a business that moves out of the country/state/county/city means no more job.

Largely agree. Any Germans able to comment on how things work there (in practice, not in theory) with worker councils, etc.?

Price T Rowe Associates sold most of TSLA holdings in Q1 2020 according to Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Institutional Holdings

These guys held Tesla through many boom and busts in SP so I wonder what caused this sudden divestiture?

They actually sold a lot about this time last year as well: Tesla holdings slashed by T. Rowe Price funds in latest cuts by investor

Their 13Fs filed over the years can be accessed here: Price T Rowe Associates Inc /md/ discloses 0.90% ownership in TSLA / Tesla Motors, Inc. - 13F, 13D, 13G Filings - Fintel.io

Bloomberg: Drastic Makeover Looms for World's Most Followed Stock Index--More than 30 firms may be removed from the S&P 500

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

The article states:
Shifts in index composition are made as needed and “changes in response to corporate actions and market developments can be made at any time,” according to S&P Dow Jones Indices. Human judgment is part of the process, too: the committee aims to minimize turnover and doesn’t view crossing below thresholds governing, say, market capitalization, as a reason unto itself to boot a stock out.

The "human judgment" part is why I think even if TSLA doesn't have a profitable Q2 it will nevertheless likely be added to the S&P 500 this year; inclusion/exclusion is not based only on hard-and-fast rules. Many companies will be booted this year, TSLA is a reasonable replacement.

Interesting. But also from the same article:

“The addition criteria are for addition to an index, not for continued membership,” says the 41-page S&P U.S. Indices Methodology rule book. “As a result, an index constituent that appears to violate criteria for addition to that index is not deleted unless ongoing conditions warrant an index change.”

That sounds to me as if the criteria for inclusion are not soft.

These TSLAQ types have no shame. Look what they have done to Cathie Wood's picture in a lame attempt to discredit her and make her look crazy:

Actual clip:
hqdefault.jpg

Photoshopped:
EA9z1adU4AAgX3c

Source: TeslaCharts on Twitter

If $TSLAQ has you blocked you might not be able to see it without going into "secret mode".

Here is how Teslacharts describes his Twitter on an interview:
“The mission statement of the account is to unabashedly serve the confirmation bias of Tesla bears. And it was sort of a social media experiment on my part.”

4:55

I think he secretly enjoys seeing TSLAQ cultists lose their fortunes.

Q1 the cluster F in which Sp tanked for everything. There has to be large holders who sold since Tesla lost more than 50% of its value in two weeks time. But I bet these guys did a swing trade especially after q1 delievery numbers and we are back in the 800s.

They got pretty scared when Fremont shut down. Half of the people here were pretty scared too, some with years of conviction sold their position during those times.

I think all you're doing is clouding up your brain with mostly inaccurate misinformation. It is one thing if there was an actual debate and they weren't wholly trying to misinform and distort the truth, then you'd have my praise. But I am not giving them more views and not adding any misinformation in my brain from a source that has as terrible a track record as TSLAQ.

If you have a source that is bearish on TSLA but actually has a good track record and believes the information they post I'm happy to hear their argument, but TSLAQ is just a joke. An evil, manipulative joke.

You will not gain any good information by following them. Just let them break themselves over time and let them subsidize your TSLA purchases, as they have been doing for years.

They have until middle of the 2nd month after period end to file required reports. I bet they wait until the end to not show their hand (poker reference)

Q1 the cluster F in which Sp tanked for everything. There has to be large holders who sold since Tesla lost more than 50% of its value in two weeks time. But I bet these guys did a swing trade especially after q1 delievery numbers and we are back in the 800s.

They got pretty scared when Fremont shut down. Half of the people here were pretty scared too, some with years of conviction sold their position during those times.

So these filings are really noise especially with Covid19 in the backdrop. Moving on then....

Reactions: phantasms

Edit: smorgasbord beat me to it.

Will just add this: Considering the short interest at both times, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the ones profiting from leading shares to the shorts, or even profiting from selling options.

Last edited: