Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will never rent my car, because I don't want to take 50 pictures of it every time I would rent it.

So the additional business income provided with the FSD robotaxi will not apply in my situation.
OT:
No worries, there will be people lined up outside of your door, with cash in hand, trying to buy the car.

Question is, are you going to take what is offered, or only take what you paid for, since you don’t think FSD would have increased value.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
That's very insensitive of you to remind us that we can't have a Cybertruck yet. Many of us are chomping at the bit and it's like a slap across the face to bring this up. I've even considered suspended animation for 18 months but what I saw, when I looked into the current state of the art, was not pretty. So I'm stuck waiting, along with everyone else who has reservations in.

I know this is a big request for a cat, but can you try to show a little sensitivity! ;)

1. I have one on order myself, so :rolleyes:

2. I’m not doing sensitive today or on any Tuesdays for the rest of 2020; you’ve all been warned

A Norwegian reservation holder for the VW ID3 1ST has received a price list for the vehicles in Norway: VW ID.3 1st prices finally announced : electricvehicles

"ID.3 1ST base: under kr. 355.000,-* (36,000 US$) ID.3 1ST Plus: under kr. 405.000,-* (41,000 US$) ID.3 1ST Max: under kr. 455.000,-* (46,000 US$)"

The 1ST, regardless of trim, comes with a 58 kWh pack and a WLTP range of 420 km, making it most comparable to the Model 3 SR+ which has a 409 km WLTP rating.

For comparison, the Model 3 SR+ is presently 430,900 NOK; the LR AWD is 484,900 NOK; and the Performance is 539,900 NOK.

I was under the impression that VW was aiming to undercut Tesla dramatically on price, and they don't seem to have achieved that.

And I was under the impression they’d be selling them by now.

Seems we both got wrong impressions. Wonder how that happened?

Meanwhile, at VW.....

Volkswagen's software woes are a large-scale issue affecting more than the ID.3

"Volkswagen’s software issues are spreading to its petrol-powered machines according to new reports... Volkswagen has concluded that the Golf Mk8 should not be transported to ab owner’s home. The German automaker announced Thursday that it would halt deliveries until further notice, recognizing that the problem must be identified before anyone else receives a car featuring a faulty software system."

Meanwhile, at VW.....

"Volkswagen’s software issues are spreading to its petrol-powered machines according to new reports... Volkswagen has concluded that the Golf Mk8 should not be transported to ab owner’s home. The German automaker announced Thursday that it would halt deliveries until further notice, recognizing that the problem must be identified before anyone else receives a car featuring a faulty software system."
That’s what happens when all your best software developers are in prison...

EPA staff warned that mileage rollbacks had flaws. Trump officials ignored them.

Well s*&t my pants. I am shocked. Shocked I tell you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...2056ba-960f-11ea-91d7-cf4423d47683_story.html

“In the rush to finalize this rule — and in the middle of a pandemic, no less — they broke just about every rule in the book,” said Carper, who on Monday asked the EPA inspector general to investigate. “The result is a policy that fails to protect public health, fails to save money, fails to result in safer vehicles and will, ultimately and undoubtedly, fail in court.”

In his letter, Carper argued that EPA violated federal rules by failing to enter all relevant documents into the public record, changing the rule after it was signed and not meeting its obligation to write its part of the mileage rule.

Jeff Lagda, a spokesman for the EPA inspector general, said in an email that he and his staff are reviewing Carper’s letter.​

Last edited:
I really loved the 'almost ready'... guess we'll have to start calling it "Mary time."

All that I could think was that it was a replay of the Bolt, 35k, 200 mile headlines. And the autopilot (whatevertheheck they’re calling their piece of software junk) headlines. Just copy what Tesla says it’s doing to grab some attention.

I get that copying can be considered a form of flattery, but they have no chance of even doing that well.

This kind of behavior irritates the crap out of me. It’s disingenuous. It’s manipulative. It’s deceitful. And people will ignorantly fall for it because they are lazy thinkers.

I need bonbons and alcohol now. Hope you’re happy.

Meanwhile, at VW.....

Good. They can die too. Sooner the better.

All that I could think was that it was a replay of the Bolt, 35k, 200 mile headlines. And the autopilot (whatevertheheck they’re calling their piece of software junk) headlines. Just copy what Tesla says it’s doing to grab some attention.

I get that copying can be considered a form of flattery, but they have no chance of even doing that well.

This kind of behavior irritates the crap out of me. It’s disingenuous. It’s manipulative. It’s deceitful. And people will ignorantly fall for it because they are lazy thinkers.

I need bonbons and alcohol now. Hope you’re happy.
Indeed...

That’s what happens when all your best software developers are in prison...
d91.gif