Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The market cap race with TM is getting tighter. $161B to $151B. TSLA takes the lead at $869.

Where do you get $161B? I see $189B.

upload_2020-5-19_15-17-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-19_15-17-14.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-19_15-17-14.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Informative
Reactions: FrankSG and wipster
When you get your truck, let us know.

That's very insensitive of you to remind us that we can't have a Cybertruck yet. Many of us are chomping at the bit and it's like a slap across the face to bring this up. I've even considered suspended animation for 18 months but what I saw, when I looked into the current state of the art, was not pretty. So I'm stuck waiting, along with everyone else who has reservations in.

I know this is a big request for a cat, but can you try to show a little sensitivity! ;)

I suspect at some point there will be two versions of FSD.
One that costs a lot and can participate in the Tesla Network with Tesla only taking 30% of the ride revenue.
And another version of FSD that will cost much less but will be for "personal use only" and can not participate in the Tesla Network.
(Or can with Tesla taking 80%, or more, of the ride revenue.)
I will never rent my car, because I don't want to take 50 pictures of it every time I would rent it.

So the additional business income provided with the FSD robotaxi will not apply in my situation.

The Robotaxi isn't only for driving people. I made a reservation for a Cybertruck. I intend to use this truck also for doing errands for construction sites for instance.

The discussion was about how many cars would sell for $200k including FSD. I assume you are paying $7k for your FSD. Would you have bought it for $200k?

That doesn't mean FSD won't make money from goods transportation. Actually eventually more money might be made from that than from people transportation.

A Norwegian reservation holder for the VW ID3 1ST has received a price list for the vehicles in Norway: VW ID.3 1st prices finally announced : electricvehicles

"ID.3 1ST base: under kr. 355.000,-* (36,000 US$) ID.3 1ST Plus: under kr. 405.000,-* (41,000 US$) ID.3 1ST Max: under kr. 455.000,-* (46,000 US$)"

The 1ST, regardless of trim, comes with a 58 kWh pack and a WLTP range of 420 km, making it most comparable to the Model 3 SR+ which has a 409 km WLTP rating.

For comparison, the Model 3 SR+ is presently 430,900 NOK; the LR AWD is 484,900 NOK; and the Performance is 539,900 NOK.

I was under the impression that VW was aiming to undercut Tesla dramatically on price, and they don't seem to have achieved that.

The dive was simultaneous with the release of this report: Vaccine experts say Moderna's Covid-19 data leave big questions
the fact the market moves at all on these things, just is reinforces, how much manipulation happens daily. they released the results of 8, yes 8 people. a company that has never brought a drug to market, releasing the results of 8 people with little other data, should not move the market at all.

I am a big proponent of if you buy a stock, you need to hold for 24 hours before you sell. manipulation would be drastically reduced instantly. If I recall, there was a proposal once, for stocks to be held for one second before you could sell, and even that was too long. just computer algorithms, skimming penny after penny, generating billions in wealth, from nothing. unsustainable.

With the potential to V2G arising does nobody think that there is an opportunity for Tesla owners of cars with the new batteries to also make money from the V2G feature. There's going to be more than one way tesla can make money off of selling cars to people

Grid operators are notorious for making everything residential feeding into the grid unprofitable.

Here with SDG&E if solar customers over-produce, at the customer's yearly true-up they get paid for their over production about 3c/kwh.

V2G could be helpful with some rate arbitrage on the highest rate peak hours, but I don't forsee the grid operators allowing customers to feed back into their grid at will and cutting their profits.