Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will hold its 2020 Annual Shareholder Meeting on July 7
A stockholder proposal regarding paid advertising, if properly presented (“Proposal Four”). – “AGAINST”

:p:p:p
Just to be complete:
7FCD31BC-4CAD-49A2-8DC5-BF49BAF0A3F0.jpeg

Of course they should advertise!
They have a huge..I mean YUGE demand problem...everyone's talking about it.
I hope we see 15 spot's an hour on CNBC...lots of print ads on MarketWatch,

p.s. I have been drinking...this may not make sense.

I have wondered for quite some time why transport trailers are not being lined up at the factory gate. Teslas have been able to Summon into very tight garages for years now, so why can't they "Summon" themselves into a transport trailer when directed to do so at the factory?

How hard can this be to code given the number of smart programmers at Tesla?

The current protocol of having a human load the cars one at a time is absurdly slow. It's a time-wasting exercise with a bunch of not svelte truck drivers sliding their bottoms past the B-pillar trim and the door card (which doesn't do them any favors) that is also a drag on deliveries and our stock price.

And it's dumb.

I’m not so sure it is really wasting any time. Shanghai produces less than 1 car per minute. It only takes 2-3 people to handle driving cars onto car carriers, and I imagine the drivers of the car carriers contributes to this effort as well (this was standard procedure when I worked for a company involved in car shipping, after we unloaded onto the wharf it was then the car carrier drivers who handled the loading of cars onto their carriers. Of course it is a different circumstance when picking up from a car factory, but I cant imagine the car carrier drivers just stand around doing nothing while watching others load cars onto their truck).

Last edited:
The sideways action in the stock price has really brought down the IV level of TSLA, so couldn’t resist and started nibbling on some Jan calls as the premium has lowered.

in regards to the price cuts, it is no surprise demand has been subdued/delayed somewhat and it makes plenty of sense for Tesla to move down the price curve a little to match supply/demand equilibrium for S/3/X. In saying that, it is remarkable just how fortuitous the timing of both the Model Y & MiC 3 ramp is, to occur precisely when the biggest economic shock in a century occurred.

Having not one, but two products with a huge amount of pent up demand be released at the precise moment that demand for your existing products is impacted by a massive external event, is an extraordinary piece of good luck.

Having not one, but two products with a huge amount of pent up demand be released at the precise moment that demand for your existing products is impacted by a massive external event, is an extraordinary piece of good luck.

...in addition to the perfectly timed capital raise.

::simulation::

The sideways action in the stock price has really brought down the IV level of TSLA, so couldn’t resist and started nibbling on some Jan calls as the premium has lowered.

in regards to the price cuts, it is no surprise demand has been subdued/delayed somewhat and it makes plenty of sense for Tesla to move down the price curve a little to match supply/demand equilibrium for S/3/X. In saying that, it is remarkable just how fortuitous the timing of both the Model Y & MiC 3 ramp is, to occur precisely when the biggest economic shock in a century occurred.

The more I think of it, the more I'm thinking they were always planning on dropping the price of the US Model 3 when Model Y and MIC Model 3 started ramping up production to make a dent in Model 3 sales. I think it's less of an impact from Covid and more impact from Model Y being the hot new item that's actually being produced in volume and MIC Model 3 absorbing Model 3 production that used to come from Fremont. Essentially Tesla was waiting on those two products reaching mass production to then use the extra margin generated from those to lower the US Model 3 price to open it up to an expanded consumer base at a lower price. Could just be an overly optimistic view but we'll find out in a month or so. If production/delivery numbers surprise to the upside, I think it means the scenario I listed instead of Covid impacting demand. At least that how I'll interpret P/D coming in higher than expected, especially if Model Y numbers surprise.

The S/X price drop is either demand or incoming updates to those models. Could be either.

The S/X price drop is either demand or incoming updates to those models. Could be either.
Or both. They certainly didn't see this blip coming when Battery Day was announced, so the schedule of earlier model selloff could be all screwed up. Don't wanna announce million miles battery before you sell the older ones.