Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also for some reason have a hunch battery day date is going to be given over the weekend. Idk, just something about the Semi email and Elon confirming it makes me think the date is close.

The only thing that adds to potential uncertainty around this is the increasing number of cases being found in Texas (Houston considering new stay at home orders) and California. Perhaps with Nevada following in the coming days/weeks after Vegas reopening.

The only thing that adds to potential uncertainty around this is the increasing number of cases being found in Texas (Houston considering new stay at home orders) and California. Perhaps with Nevada following in the coming days/weeks after Vegas reopening.

Not to turn this into a Covid thread, but you really have to look through the data yourself and ignore the headlines. Infections are rising while mortality rate and ICU rates continue to drop. Hospitalizations are up, but not nearly at the correlating rate that infections are up. This all gives evidence to even in the event of a 2nd wave, lockdowns are not going to happen.

CNBC had a doctor on their show yesterday I think(or Wed) where they were presenting the rise in infections in places like Houston as a sign of a 2nd wave and they were interviewing a doctor there in Texas. While the doctor agreed that infections are rising and will continue to rise, he said it is expected as the country opens up. He even flat out said they have plenty of capacity at their hospital and said in fact, even during the height of the 1st wave, they never got close to max occupancy at the hospital.

Given that it doesn't appear to be much wider on the short side than the two lane width entry roadway, and it's proximity to the roadway, I wonder if it might be a tent to do in car temperature checks for employees on arrival.

A tent won't be replacing an existing permanent structure. I drew a line to show that previsouly existing permanent structure in that corner seems to have been destroyed.

collage.jpg

Not to turn this into a Covid thread, but you really have to look through the data yourself and ignore the headlines. Infections are rising while mortality rate and ICU rates continue to drop. Hospitalizations are up, but not nearly at the correlating rate that infections are up. This all gives evidence to even in the event of a 2nd wave, lockdowns are not going to happen.

CNBC had a doctor on their show yesterday I think(or Wed) where they were presenting the rise in infections in places like Houston as a sign of a 2nd wave and they were interviewing a doctor there in Texas. While the doctor agreed that infections are rising and will continue to rise, he said it is expected as the country opens up. He even flat out said they have plenty of capacity at their hospital and said in fact, even during the height of the 1st wave, they never got close to max occupancy at the hospital.

Given that, then I suppose it might makes sense to do an event like battery day sooner rather than later while there is some definite opening up happening and an expectation of cases rising. In a few weeks after all the protests and rallies the situation could be much different with less certainty.