Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noice! That's 65 large. :cool:

Mind sharing when you purchased the Call option, and (ballpark) cost of the contract?

Any more contracts lurking about? :D

Cheers!

Purchased sometime last summer for ~$20/share. I have another DITM $300 call expiring next June that I'll exercise when the time comes too. :) All my other calls were sold or rolled up.

I live near Vancouver, BC and received this text yesterday from Tesla. They are obviously trying to close these sales before the end of the quarter.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 1 - 2 weeks from today, but may be delayed due to outstanding tasks in your Tesla Account.

Deliveries are prioritized for customers who have submitted these tasks on a first come, first served basis. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to submit all outstanding tasks as soon as possible to prevent delays to your delivery timing.

Oh, I'm in the game - long, that is. With TSLA being reasonably valued, calls are too unpredictable/manipulated to be of much use for me. If you're in it for the dopamine hit, fine, just be aware of why you're doing it and be OK with that. Here's an interesting article on the chemical rewards of gambling:

How the Brain Gets Addicted to Gambling

Options players who play to make a profit, need to keep the dopamine away. Dopamine and mistakes in judgment go together like Bonnie and Clyde. Cool as a cucumber or it's likely to end in pain. I've spent my life riding motorcycles for pleasure. While my primary interest has been on perfecting skills and riding challenging roads much faster than they ought to be ridden, I always knew when I was riding too fast because I would start to feel the adrenaline. I didn't like it. It raises the risk and increases the chance you will make a mistake. On the other hand, the "perfect ride" might be even closer to the edge of the capabilities of the machine but with a complete lack of adrenaline, just a calm, zen-like state. It doesn't mean the rider can't make a mistake or encounter an unexpected challenge that leads to disaster but it's much less likely. Playing options is similar in this way.

Just know why you're doing it. Whether it be for entertainment/dopamine hits/addiction or to make money. If it's for the latter, and you are getting the dopamine hits, you might want to re-appraise. Because it probably won't end happily. I'm not trying to lecture, I'm a big believer in individual freedoms and taking responsibility for your own actions - I'm just sharing what I know.

Don't worry, Stealth, this is in my trading account - and options do have their place, recall this account has $3k value last September, without it now stands at $255k :p

My core shares account I only write "safe" calls against those - mostly...

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-15_18-40-3.png
    upload_2020-6-15_18-40-3.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 62
Are you assuming this young trader lost the $700K trading TSLA options? I haven't seen any indication that was the case.
Many “young” investors do not understand the huge potential losses that can arise from selling puts into a diving market. IMO, many here don’t understand the potential liability if assigned. Not assuming anything.

We should also have a poll for when we cross 1000$ for the last time (upwards, of course).

I still have trauma from the many, many, MANY times we were sure that we'd crossed 300$ for the last time.
But have we crossed $300 for the last time? If we split 10 to 1, I would love to cross $300 again... ;-)