Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That deplorable Kolodny was at it too (don't click FFS!!!) On the morning of Juneteenth, Tesla tells employees they can take the day off unpaid

They can't play the ball any more, only the man. They are pathetic. They are scum.
What exactly is "unpaid PTO"? I thought PTO meant "paid time off."

Does anyone know if MLK, jr, Day is a paid holiday for Tesla? Perhaps Tesla should set up floating holidays so that employees can elect the specific holidays they wish to observe. For example, one might like to swap Columbus Day for Juneteenth.

Recovering macros into the late day....but I bet we'll still close just below $1000.

To be fair, has been tracking macro all day... MM's just stepping in here and there to nudge in the "right" direction
upload_2020-6-19_21-26-51.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog and mongo
Several recent Friday's have shown a rise in stock price during the final hour as traders pick up shares for a possible Monday Morning Buyers' Exuberance. Cat's out of the bag, you and I have plenty of company. If the stock price isn't too much above 1000 going into the final couple of hours trading on Friday, I'll likely buy a leap before the traders start bidding up the stock price. That leap will have the same strike as a current leap of mine, but I'll buy one with a later expiration date. Once the old leap is at least as valuable as the purchased leap, I'll set about deciding when to sell the older leap in my tax-free IRA.
Looks like the final hour Friday rise has started. We are back in 4 digits territory. I already picked up the options I wanted, albeit at a higher premium than hoped for. MMs not very successful at pushing it down much today.

Does anyone know if MLK, jr, Day is a paid holiday for Tesla? Perhaps Tesla should set up floating holidays so that employees can elect the specific holidays they wish to observe. For example, one might like to swap Columbus Day for Juneteenth.
Koldony is a friggin hack and CNBC should be embarrassed she works for them. Unpaid timeoff is pretty darn good for a non-federal holiday.

PTO - personal time off

Maybe the Snake should be in the car and should be controlled by FSD/AI. Find the power plug :)

Tesla would have already considered that before they decided to make it stationary. Since there are probably a thousand times as many cars as Superchargers, having it on the car would not only make the cars heavier/less efficient/less roomy, it would cost a lot more per car.

Besides, the charge port is the female part and the Supercharger is the male part! ;);)

• Funny
Reactions: elasalle
Tesla would have already considered that before they decided to make it stationary. Since there are probably a thousand times as many cars as Superchargers, having it on the car would not only make the cars heavier/less efficient/less roomy, it would cost a lot more per car.

Besides, the charge port is the female part and the Supercharger is the male part! ;);)
Just have some semis driving along major highways with multiple snakes then we can refuel while driving, top gun style.

That seems like what Elon said: "It does require use of a paid-time-off day, which is true of many other holidays"

So, for example, it sounds like since Tesla is a 24x7 operation that they give you x days in your PTO bank and that you can choose when to use them. So they can choose to use one for Juneteenth instead of July 4th. (The company I work for gave everyone an extra day off for Juneteenth, that we can choose to use any day we wanted, be that today, or sometime in the next few months.)

Last edited:
Institutions may want to wait until Monday, rather than create problems for their friends who are hedge fund managers or market makers gaming "Triple Witching Day".

Tomorrow will be a “Triple Witching Day”, the major quarterly expiration of individual stock options and stock index options & futures.

The $1000 strikes for TSLA calls and puts are easily the most popular. If trading volume remains light, big options writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers) may try to keep the share price channeled near $1000 into the Friday close.

Above is a comment I posted yesterday, and it appears to have remained relevant today.

It may be especially true this time, due to all of the young sports bettors who have become novice daytraders of stock options during the pandemic. Pros are out to scalp them. :eek:

Last edited:
That seems like what Elon said: "It does require use of a paid-time-off day, which is true of many other holidays"

So, for example, it sounds like since Tesla is a 24x7 operation that they give you x days in your PTO bank and that you can choose when to use them. So they can choose to use one for Juneteenth instead of July 4th.

You could also choose to use the PTO for literally any other day of the year. That's what it's there for.

Most companies I've seen have some fixed "we are f'ing closed today" holidays, and then some also offer a few floating ones they'll slap into your total PTO for "optional" holidays you wish to take off like any other day.

Since they're clearly not "closing" for Juneteeth, then unless they're increasing the "X number of days" of PTO by one here this is an utterly meaningless, and frankly embarrassing, announcement.

Following up on the die-casting foundations, I found an informative article in SAE Automotive. Hadn't seen the article before on this thread.

Tesla Model Y giga-press aluminum casting

The giant diecasting presses are being made by IDRA Group of Italy. The Wikipedia article for the presses indicates that the Tesla patent application for a diecasted unibody design showed four of these presses put together.

Giga Press - Wikipedia

Agree with you solar is the essential final component, down the line. But for the near-term future, EVs and battery storage will drive Tesla's profits.

Don't forget the regulatory issues with solar. I think Elon has learned going to war against utilities is not a winning strategy. Replacing the macro-grid is a very long-term goal. Unfettered competition in power generation would be great but it's a pipe dream.

That day in September, we when the terrorists attacked the World Trade Centers, I was employed as a construction electrician, building four new peaker power plants immediately adjacent to the Harbor Generating facility next to Lomita, California.

Not long after, I went to work as an Electrical Mechanic for the Los Angeles Department of Water & Water. Even though I was a journeyman electrician, I was assigned to a forty month training program covering utility generation, transmission, sub-transmission, and distribution; importantly, this training covered the construction, installation, operation and maintenance of these utility disciplines. I have built generation, switching, receiving, and distribution stations; while being directly responsible for their maintenance and upkeep. The labor involved in maintaining current generation technology is staggering. The maintenance required fo solar power begins with a bottle of Windex.

After years of experience in station maintenance and construction, I was assigned as a solar power inspector.

I am fluent in the regulatory requirements of co-generation, and yes I understand the challenges of “regulatory capture” and the power of the lobbyists employed by the utility industry. Bored with the details of my resume, I only wanted to point out that I’ve seen both sides.

I fully aware of costs, technical complexities, and upkeep requirements of a wide range of generation methods. I also know the weaknesses of the renewable generation companies (i.e. Tesla) and the weaknesses electric utility firms.

Technology evolves at a faster pace than bureaucratic organizations (utilities) can keep up with. The utilities are indeed embedded into the Earth — I realize they are not going away.

That said, Tesla is uniquely positioned to take wide swaths of utility revenue streams. And, I believe Elon Musk to be a seasoned warrior in the battle against regulatory capture.

Pipe dream? Okay, keep telling yourself that.