Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
missed it by that much gif.gif

Koldony is a friggin hack and CNBC should be embarrassed she works for them. Unpaid timeoff is pretty darn good for a non-federal holiday.
Off course the market likes companies that work and produce as much as possible at the lowest cost, but only in opposite world is Tesla held to an opposite standard for offering leniency to their workers as a negative while other companies are held to a much lower standard...

That day in September, we when the terrorists attacked the World Trade Centers, I was employed as a construction electrician, building four new peaker power plants immediately adjacent to the Harbor Generating facility next to Lomita, California.

Not long after, I went to work as an Electrical Mechanic for the Los Angeles Department of Water & Water. Even though I was a journeyman electrician, I was assigned to a forty month training program covering utility generation, transmission, sub-transmission, and distribution; importantly, this training covered the construction, installation, operation and maintenance of these utility disciplines. I have built generation, switching, receiving, and distribution stations; while being directly responsible for their maintenance and upkeep. The labor involved in maintaining current generation technology is staggering. The maintenance required fo solar power begins with a bottle of Windex.

After years of experience in station maintenance and construction, I was assigned as a solar power inspector.

I am fluent in the regulatory requirements of co-generation, and yes I understand the challenges of “regulatory capture” and the power of the lobbyists employed by the utility industry. Bored with the details of my resume, I only wanted to point out that I’ve seen both sides.

I fully aware of costs, technical complexities, and upkeep requirements of a wide range of generation methods. I also know the weaknesses of the renewable generation companies (i.e. Tesla) and the weaknesses electric utility firms.

Technology evolves at a faster pace than bureaucratic organizations (utilities) can keep up with. The utilities are indeed embedded into the Earth — I realize they are not going away.

That said, Tesla is uniquely positioned to take wide swaths of utility revenue streams. And, I believe Elon Musk to be a seasoned warrior in the battle against regulatory capture.

Pipe dream? Okay, keep telling yourself that.

Love your contributions Jack - albeit sad about the missing beard ;-)

dang it. I saw it dip to $992 and went and opened my account and set an order to buy at market and by the time I hit execute the stock was back up at 998.50.
I got 20 more at $992. :D My work is really slow right now because of COVID, so I have time to day trade that I would normally stay away from. With this stock, worst case I have had to wait 2 or 3 days to sell at a nice profit. BTW, I only trade and HODL $TSLA, as I am too risk-averse to play the market.

So, for example, it sounds like since Tesla is a 24x7 operation that they give you x days in your PTO bank and that you can choose when to use them. So they can choose to use one for Juneteenth instead of July 4th. (The company I work for gave everyone an extra day off for Juneteenth, that we can could to use any day we wanted, by that today, or sometime in the next few months.)

With 1 day heads up, my company did the same, while also adding it to the list of official company holidays starting next year.

I missed it!!
I wanted to buy a single commemorative share for 999.99, but placed the order too late. After all, those 420.69s that were bought last year are doing phenomenally well.
Didn't get my 1 share at that price. Here is to hoping the price never goes back for me to get that share.

Reactions: Tslynk67
Geeze, looks like Tesla is to close right around $1k.

Who'd have guessed???!??!!11?? :O :O :O

I think it was @Unpilot with the $1005 calls?

When selling options, be (at least) 1 strike further out than you think it's going to finish (given that you want it to expire worthless). That extra strike can really lower stress :D

I'm a buy and HODL investor, but I wanted to congratulate all you option players who knew and posted back on Monday morning that we'd close out the week at $1000 +/- $1. Hopefully that means you made some good money on it, some day I'll need to figure out how to take advantage of that.

Based on how well you appear to have done with 'buy and hold' I doubt you really need to 'do options' Bob.:cool:

But, I will admit, in my hands, 'selling' the options and taking the 'time decay' profit versus buying them and watching my cash decay away is a lot more fun and profitable.