Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA is just wheezing along, BARELY able to stay near $1000/share> Sitting on its humongous $1000 butt.
THHHOUUUUSSSAAANNNND dollar a share butt. One Zero zero zero Butt.
Let that sink into your brain like a toad in the mud... Not Hong Kong Dollahs, not Kangaroo dollars. Real Dollars. A 1000 of em ...per share.
And it sits there, like it owns the chair and the table.
Just a year ago I wouldn't have bought TSLA even at a BOGO sale.
You truly weird people that somehow wanted to invest in TSLA back when it was likely to fail whether at $30 or $300/share. You guys should still be numb, or you haven't taken it all in...
You won. And it is not a hollow victory.

Well, this is how I see it. I’ve had to put up with a lot poo over the last 8 years holding these shares. And as I’ve gotten older in that time frame, I’ve decided my pain and suffering needs to be compensated far more than I originally thought. So, I’ve recalibrated things a bit and $1,000/share is chump change and I ain’t no chump.

Jeeezus. Caller talking about Elon inheriting a South African emerald mine. This is the result of the media being a pile of complete morons, and the people listening to that media also being complete morons.

When did the US become such a damn embarrassing country?
November 8th, 2016?

Well, we were already pretty bad before that, but it got much worse then.

Jeeezus. Caller talking about Elon inheriting a South African emerald mine. This is the result of the media being a pile of complete morons, and the people listening to that media also being complete morons.

Jeez .. thats it, I can’t take any more. All those weapons-grade numpty's seem like the same super ignorant knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers that leave comments after DailyWail articles.

No wonder Elon wants to leave the planet.

Some of you folks need to take a chill pill. Part of this process is allowing ignorant people to speak into a microphone. These county commissioners have heard it before and nothing said will affect anyone's vote. Also, the speakers aren't representative of the local population.

I don't know much about local Travis County politics, but it will shock me if the vote isn't 5-0 in favor of Tesla. If this were Harris County or another metro Houston county, I would absolutely guarantee a unanimous vote.

It's gonna be all right. The opportunity to add 5,000+ jobs during a period of historic unemployment is too good to pass up. The deck is ridiculously stacked in favor of Tesla.

Some of you folks need to take a chill pill. Part of this process is allowing ignorant people to speak into a microphone. These county commissioners have heard it before and nothing said will affect anyone's vote. Also, the speakers aren't representative of the local population.

I don't know much about local Travis County politics, but it will shock me if the vote isn't 5-0 in favor of Tesla. If this were Harris County or another metro Houston county, I would absolutely guarantee a unanimous vote.

It's gonna be all right. The opportunity to add 5,000+ jobs during a period of historic unemployment is too good to pass up. The deck is ridiculously stacked in favor of Tesla.
Thanks, I was really starting to fume.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger

That sounds right. I'm also willing to bet that if an equivalent meeting were to be hold in Tulsa, the exact same things would be said from equally dumb people (perhaps even by the same people).

I love how people can't understand that a billion dollar company doesn't necessarily mean billion dollar profits :rolleyes:

However, in this case, they actually have a good point, at least in the near future, because Tesla's profit potential is unmatched.

I'm generally against public subsidies for private companies. However, these are tax breaks for taxes they would only get if Tesla relocates so it's not like the local government or state would be giving up anything - on the contrary they are just deferring the tax benefits until the company is well established. And given the nature of the biggest threat facing the world right now (no, it's not CV-19), I think it's a little different than giving a tax break to, say, a restaurant chain or an oil driller.

Listening to the public comments I'm entertained by the dichotomy facing many of them. There have been a number of very conservative professionals speaking on behalf of their organization (whether it be labor or manufacturing or community development or real-estate, etc.) who happen to hate Tesla on one hand, but on the other hand, they should be supporting the goals of their organization (which would require supporting the jobs and economic development that Tesla would bring to the County) but their personal biases have them speaking out against Tesla while trying to marginally support Tesla. It's hilarious to watch the contradictions this entails! ;)

Oh I definitely understand what this process is and that the county will vote logically . At the same time, Tesla isn't auditioning for Austin and can easily say "Ya know what we don't like the reception and we have other viable sites, including other sites in Texas". There is some validity to Tesla seeing beforehand that we're going to have to deal with these nutcases throughout the entire build out process and potentially farther into the future, and we would rather just chose a more welcoming site.

Funny enough, I was just watching some Parks n Rec in the background before this. The similarities......they're just so eerie o_O

The number of completely uninformed people providing input to this Travis County meeting is ridiculous. TSLAQ clearly got to them.

Unfortunately, my experience in this sort of hearing tells me that this is entirely normal.

Fortunately, my experience in this sort of hearing tells me that the decision regarding the Tesla proposal is either largely already made or will be made based 95% on the council members and the proposal itself, and <= 5% based on the public's commentary.

I think it was about November 2016 when a long term con man and carnival barker got hold of the Whitehouse.

I love these Gigafactory update videos. I watch every damn one of them and have since day 1 at Shanghai. BUT. They also drive me crazy.

Instead of 5-10 minutes of a drone slowly flying over a construction site, with some canned muzak playing in the background, I sure would love to see a website, yes, just a plain boring static website, with static web pages that just have 5-10 photos per day, and the photos have all been annotated with arrows pointing to interesting things so that the reader can understand WHAT HAS CHANGED since yesterday, and what the significance of this new thing, this new hole, this new crane, this new whatever, is.

It's the kind of analysis that would really provide a good service, and a reader could whip through that in 30-60 seconds and be on their way, fully informed and feeling rightly knowledgeable about what's going on at the site.

Think of it this way: in the movies whenever you see leaders getting a briefing, especially an intelligence or battle briefing, the analysts come in and hand out photos, or they show them on the wall screen, and they're annotated, and the analyst explains what's going on and why X and Y are significant, and then the analysts go, and the plot moves on.

Good idea. Let us know when you’ve done all that work for us to benefit from.

It's not that I'm concerned about the county approving the construction. I'm just concerned about the stupidity of the human race. It never ceases to amaze me.