Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean the guy who feels he needs to be paid 50 billion?

Is this a parody account?

Elon earned his compensation fair and square. In my opinion anyone blocking him getting his compensation is a thief.

Taking Elon's compensation "back to the shareholders" is stealing from one person and giving the loot to a group of other persons. Which will include yourself if you are a shareholder.

I'd like to see Musk execute first and talk later.
He did execute. That's the point.

The verdict regarding how the original compensation package came into being doesn't take away the fact that Elon put his *ss on the line to meet (at the time) insanely bullish goals. He executed to complete said goals.

What you're doing now is moving the goalposts. Those goalposts were set in stone in the original comp package, you can go read up on them.

If a new compensation package is presented regarding the future (including FSD milestones, Optimus, and the like) then you could say he needs to execute. But what you're saying now does not make sense.

Is this a parody account?

Elon earned his compensation fair and square. In my opinion anyone blocking him getting his compensation is a thief.

Taking Elon's compensation "back to the shareholders" is stealing from one person and giving the loot to a group of other persons. Which will include yourself if you are a shareholder.
I didn't vote for the compensation in 2018 and I won't vote this time either. (Not that my shareholding would matter anyway.)

He did execute. That's the point.

The verdict regarding how the original compensation package came into being doesn't take away the fact that Elon put his *ss on the line to meet (at the time) insanely bullish goals. He executed to complete said goals.

What you're doing now is moving the goalposts. Those goalposts were set in stone in the original comp package, you can go read up on them.

If a new compensation package is presented regarding the future (including FSD milestones, Optimus, and the like) then you could say he needs to execute. But what you're saying now does not make sense.
My reply wasn't specifically about the vote but on a tweet where someone was impressed with how he spent his time live streaming while playing Diablo. I remain extremely impressed with what Musk did to move Tesla to where it is now but I am less impressed with what I have seen him doing the past 2-3 years.

Please see [2] above (but also my message below).
Again, that only shows disengagements. "Fleet response" interventions are not listed, as they are not a disengagement. Unless you are trying to say that they have never used the "fleet response" feature on a driverless vehicle. (Which of course we know is false, because they have admitted that "fleet response" was responsible for mistakes like driving into a closed lane and running a red light. But yet those will never be listed in the disengagement report.)

Again, that only shows disengagements. "Fleet response" interventions are not listed. Unless you are trying to say that they have never used the "fleet response" feature on a driverless vehicle. (Which of course we know is false, because they have admitted that "fleet response" was responsible for mistake like driving into a closed lane and running a red light. But yet those will never be listed in the disengagement report.)
This ^^^

Fleet responses cost Waymo money. Fleet responses make it hard to scale.

There is reason to believe that Tesla's end-to-end solution will make fleet responses very rare and allow Tesla to scale quickly.

He has executed and he deserves the compensation due, because the seemingly impossible milestones were met. It's not complicated.
i would dispute that he delivered. He hyped, yes. There wasn't full delivery. 4680, solar roof, semi, fsd, all major projects with huge issues on delivery. The CT is at least launched, we will see if it scales. Covid production response was good. last 5 years...meh. Hype not much delivery.

Unfortunately it looks like the stock market is starting to price in the loss of the federal EV tax credits and the battery manufacturing credits. If we lose these credits , end buyer costs will go up on the model Y in the USA and our current sales volumes will be hard to keep. The law does not even need to be repealed, the next administration could change the administrative rules and make them impossible to get or easily turn full credits into half credits.

If EV tax credits go away we might see a demand pull forward for Q3 and Q4. ( I wish more people start thinking this way ... :) )
By the time EV tax credits go away, Tesla needs to have the MQ/2 25K car ready.

A lot of folks who buy 50K + cars might be in tax bracket in which they don't qualify for the credits anyway. Better interest rates will negate the EV credits going away.

If EV credits go away it will hurt the hybrids more than Tesla (I think).