Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm looks like there is potential (albeit quite a small chance for now) for a stock split:

View attachment 558908

I have mixed thoughts on this. For the most part it doesn't matter too much as more and more brokers offer fractional shares. But the high price makes options more expensive since I'm not aware of anyone offering fractional options. That is both good and bad, it helps keep some of the smaller manipulators out, but it means that all options trades cost more. (So "lottery" calls get expensive too.)

Of course having 15x more shares for the same investment would sort of make me feel like I own more of Tesla even though it is no different.

Last edited:
I think $420 might be too high for a stock split if the goal is to keep the individual share price accessible to retail investors.

How about $69?

TSLA is the only ticker symbol and company where I can literally say something like this completely seriously. That's how memetic the company and it's founder have become.

20 to 1? Sounds good to me.

LN1_Casey said:
337 new Tesla Model S's, 798 model 3's, and 437 model X.

421 model S, 640 model 3, 644 model X.

Well, ladies and gents, the final number for Q2 is a total of 379 model S, 612 Model 3, and 561 model X.

This means a total difference of +42 Model S, -186 Model 3, and +124 Model X from last Thursday. Over all, this is a total of 1.5k cars in North America.

Not saying these are the only cars in inventory at this time, just the ones showing, but hey, still good!

Well, ladies and gents, the final number for Q2 is a total of 379 model S, 612 Model 3, and 561 model X.

This means a total difference of +42 Model S, -186 Model 3, and +124 Model X from last Thursday. Over all, this is a total of 1.5k cars in North America.

Not saying these are the only cars in inventory at this time, just the ones showing, but hey, still good!

Do you know what these were at at the end of Q4 and Q1?

Today saw the new form of 'Tesla stretch'. People are rooting for the climate fighter heroes at Tesla so much as buying their products, upgrades, FSD, even merchandise in order to support them achieve their goal at the end of quarter. Tesla is not just a corporation with financial goals - they're on a mission, and we love them and root for them. Tesla community, I salute you, and I'm proud to be a part of this gang.
Like the Great Wall of China can be seen from space; TMC contributions will be visible on the bottom line at ER - thank you all!

Like the Great Wall of China can be seen from space; TMC contributions will be visible on the bottom line at ER - thank you all!

Well... as the fact you can't actually see the Great Wall of China, I don't know if you're belittling the items purchased from TMC members, or just don't know the Great Wall can't be seen. :p

The wisdom of many with significant experience on this thread promotes the idea of being long and HODL. My natural inclination is to try and out-think the market and the MMs and sell at the high and buy more shares at the low. I have tried this approach and the results have been inconsistent. Instead of accumulating more shares through the arbitrage, I either lost shares or stayed even in the long run. At the same time I realized taxable gains in one of my accounts that is non-qualified. Once I realized my true long term goal was accumulated wealth, not incremental realized gains, I finally gave in to the idea of long and HODL. More shares are added through dry powder or funding through selling something of value with less potential future growth. Winning the arbitrage game for accumulation of shares is possible, but there are so many variables and forces beyond our control - it can drive you crazy at best and, in my experience, does not work so well. Maybe ok in low end day trading, but that’s a different story with a different goal. Thanks to all the knowledgeable and helpful people with tremendous experience on this thread who are willing to share.

I only actively trade in my tax free account. I move from call options (leaps) to actual shares and back. Today I swapped all my calls for shares. If TSLA were to have a significant pullback, let’s say 700’s I would move to call options again. This has worked relatively well for me. However, last year I ended up on the wrong side with call options expiring Jan ‘20 so deep under water I couldn’t get myself to sell them, so I did nothing. I was saved by the bell when December came and all of a sudden deep under water became in the money!

Never forget, this can happen at any time. The MMs have the power to make this happen, and it’s not as if the SEC is going to do anything about it.

View attachment 558873

Will never forget that moment... I assume that it might be that they want to keep it bellow 1100 Thursday.

upload_2020-7-1_8-36-54.png

https://twitter.com/murtsson/status/1278211696021196801/photo/1

Not saying this is evidence, but apparently this store sold all their Tesla and had to display a toy one instead. :cool:

When do shorts lose their powers?

The number of shares shorted is a third of what it was but that equates to a similar $ stake. 55% of sold shares from shorts can keep a lid on SP rises on most days (not yesterday however).
It's not clear that there are any real shorts left except for Thanos, I mean Chanos. All the big names are out: Smeagol, Einhorn, Tim Seymour have all capitulated. Andrew Left was the smartest of them all, he got out really early and waved mockingly goodbye at the ones who stayed in then.

Most of remaining shorted shares are likely to be delta-hedging of shares. I would expect that 12% shorted continues to decline as hedge positions get closed out. At this point TSLA trades mainly on actual buying and selling, any power shorts might once have had evaporated during the run from $300 to $900 earlier this year as most shorts were blown out already and few remain stupid enough to re-attempt after losing everything.