Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm enjoying writing a few puts for tomorrow. Lots of premium which will disappear tomorrow. Plus if the P&D report doesn't show up tomorrow morning I'll roll the puts to next week and collect the inflated (due to the pending report) premium again.

Today:
1095's (when it was at 1092 this morning)
1130's (half when it was at 1118 and half at 1109)

Yesterday:
1200's (when it was at 1078) [not much premium given so far in the money; more for capturing the upswing]
For those who are following from the bleachers:

TSLA closed at 1119.63
2Jul20 1095 TSLA Put - Bid 9.25, Ask 9.90, Mid 9.525, Intrinsic Value 0, Premium 9.525
2Jul20 1130 TSLA Put - Bid 25.00, Ask: 27.40, Mid 26.20, Intrinsic Value 11.54, Premium 14.66
2Jul20 1200 TSLA Put - Bid 80.25, Ask: 88.65, Mid 84.45, Intrinsic Value 81.54, Premium 2.91

In the morning, the premium on the first and second will collapse to about $1, increasing some if the stock price gets close to the strike price, and going to zero as the day goes on. Of course, I can't make any more from these trades than I got when I opened the positions. But I can lose a lot if the stock crashes. I don't see that happening, unless there's a really bad P&D report in the morning. And that won't happen because if the report is really bad they'll almost certainly wait until Friday to release it.

So, if there's a report in the morning it will probably be good and the first two positions will expire worthless for the win. The third position I will close when the stock seems to me to be near a top. Or I'll let it expire worthless if TSLA gets well about $1200, which seems rather unlikely. If there's no report in the morning, I don't think the stock price will go down much if at all. So I'll do the same, except I'll roll the third position to next week and get another "P&D report" premium. I might also open a new short put position for next week too.

Seems like easy money. I look forward to finding out what will go wrong with my plan. It's always something.

This is just trading around the edges for fun. Regardless, I am firmly of the belief that it is better to have time working for you than against you. But on big upswings like this it's surely calls that make the most money. My ratio of gains today for stock:calls:short puts was 10:33:22.

Last edited:
Agreed, this has the potential to be an epic show.

Melissa from CNBC may have had some people prepare some tough questions for her, but she doesn't understand the technologies in play.

Rob Maurer probably understands the technologies much better, but he might not understand hydrogen quite well enough to call out Trevor's BS on the fly, and it's not his style either to argue with his guests too much. He mostly lets them have their say, and leaves things up to the viewer to interpret.

ARK employs a number of experts in these technologies, who should have no problem calling out Trevor's BS when they hear it.
ARK shouldn't give Nikola the the of day; it'd be like feeding a troll and give Nikola undeserved publicity and credibility even if they do smack Nicola down. I hope they don't take the bait. Not happy that anyone even quoted the discussion here.

And that's all I have to say about that.

...but if I WAS gonna say any more, I'd make the analogy about how disgusted I was with Bill Nye the science guy for stooping down to the level of Ken Ham the Ark Park guy in agreeing to debate him... big mistake IMHO.

But there I go, dragging religion into it again...

Last edited:
On the other hand, it can be pretty tough to effectively argue technical details in front of a non-technical audience when you're up against a BS'er. Because BS. Personally, I don't think he'll do it.
I don’t think either group should do it. Debates are not the way to settle technical differences - the truth gets lost in style and personalities. Often the BS artists are better at that than the technical experts.

ARK puts out technical assessments occasionally. They should do one illustrating why they include EVs in their ETFs and not FCEVs. Reference data sources. Show the math. QED.

edit: What @UncaNed said.

Last edited:
I don’t think either group should do it. Debates are not the way to settle technical differences - the truth gets lost in style and personalities. Often the BS artists are better at that than the technical experts.

ARK puts out technical assessments occasionally. They should do one illustrating why they include EVs in their ETFs and not FCEVs. Reference data sources. Show the math. QED.

I know you are right, but I would so love to see Cathie put him in his place.

Off topic: Whatever island @Krugerrand bids for I say dog lovers get together to outbid her.:)

On topic: There is some concern that batteries may not get built at GF4. No need to worry. Tesla just pushing hard on getting the main factory built and to do this they are pushing battery production (which is holding up some approvals it seems) go as they maneuver around the mine fields created trying to get it approved asap. It will get done but let us not slow down general factory build.

OT
$4,000 per person to travel in the U.S.: A new bill would help Americans vacation
Senator Martha McSally (R-AZ) recently proposed a new bill that, if passed, would give Americans a $4,000 tax credit for taking a vacation within the United States.

Under the American Tax Rebate and Incentive Program Act, or the American TRIP Act, each adult could claim up to $4,000 in travel-related expenses. Married couples could receive up to $8,000, and families would be eligible for another $500 credit per child.

The credit would apply to vacations taken between December 31, 2019, and January 1, 2022, so if you took a vacation earlier in 2020, you could write it off in your taxes. To be eligible, the trip has to be more than 50 miles from your home

cheers!!

Couldn't we all just pool our TSLA earnings and split an island 12 ways? It would behave like a time share, we would each get 1 month to have the island to ourselves and our friends/family. It's not like there's real seasons in the Caribbean or wherever, so no one would need to fight anyone for the "prime" month...

OT
$4,000 per person to travel in the U.S.: A new bill would help Americans vacation
Senator Martha McSally (R-AZ) recently proposed a new bill that, if passed, would give Americans a $4,000 tax credit for taking a vacation within the United States.

Under the American Tax Rebate and Incentive Program Act, or the American TRIP Act, each adult could claim up to $4,000 in travel-related expenses. Married couples could receive up to $8,000, and families would be eligible for another $500 credit per child.

The credit would apply to vacations taken between December 31, 2019, and January 1, 2022, so if you took a vacation earlier in 2020, you could write it off in your taxes. To be eligible, the trip has to be more than 50 miles from your home

cheers!!

I would rather have 3 shares of $TSLA.

I saw what you did there. Very nice.

1nddal.jpg

We've got pictures of Elon with Kanye and something about wearing orange (this tweet was from today, but it got me thinking if maybe he spent time with Kanye the day before, on last day of Q2?), and Elon tweeting a bit on the final day of deliveries. I didn't hear anything about him personally delivering anything either. I got a feeling the results are good.
you could not have a more believable post considering your moniker

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
i still don’t even understand what NKLA does or what their product roadmap is or what the new company structure is or how they expand, profit, etc.

they did a special purpose acq company on the original traded penny stock and now all of a sudden they have partners that will have semis run by hydrogen that they will supply all over north america (and the infrastructure) and a battery electric pickup with no charging infrastructure

if someone wants to explain to be what any of that is all about feel free to DM me, but i just don’t get it. and i really haven’t been paying attention so excuse me if i sound like a fool, i’ve been busy focusing on work and tesla

Same here. Go to their website there is no income, cash flow or balance sheet. Maybe there is something buried in the merger documents. I opened a few and there was no way I was going to spend likely hours to figure this out.

Just the way they did the IPO scares me. Not sure why they could not do a straight forward IPO, like most companies. It just smells to me.

Now asking for reservations on a pickup based on renderings? They have 7 products on their website but not one is in production.
Lack of focus.

This is without even considering the technical/efficiency discussions around hydrogen which most of us here understand all to well.

OT

cheers!!

Zonies, man. Always vacations with these Zonies. And always in other states. Zonies never wanna stay put.