Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However, would Tesla need to explicitly state why they decided to fire an employee under the laws in California?

I could imagine that could increase their risk of being sued for wrongfully firing that person.

Maybe she is just hoping to goad Musk into tweeting something she can use against Tesla.

California is an at will state, so no they really wouldn't have to give much justification for firing her.

"At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of theemployee's race ..."

Marketwatch: Wall Street keeps the faith on Tesla despite Musk, SEC tiff
Wall Street keeps the faith on Tesla despite Musk, SEC tiff
At the very least, the judge is likely to require Tesla to show proof of oversight of Musk’s social-media posts and that it remains in compliance with the settlement, Garrett Nelson, an analyst with CFRA, said in a note.

relatively positive article considering the drama. Looks like the proof of oversight might be the hang up here and whether Tesla actually did any of that. In previous interviews, Elon made it sound like there was nothing different in the way he tweets.

SEC may end up pushing Musk/Tesla into something even more restrictive on his tweets.

Last edited:
California is an at will state, so no they really wouldn't have to give much justification for firing her.

"At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of theemployee's race ..."
Yeah, that's a good theory, but in practice if you don't have good records the employee will turn around and find a reason to claim that it was some sort of discrimination.

Reactions: kelly
By 2023 Tesla probably will produce and sell 1 million vehicles per year (Model 3, Y, S, X, truck, Roadster). The production is likely to reach 2~3 million by 2025. I can see how Tesla get $10B free cash flow in 2023, and $20~30B free cash flow in 2025.

At this time it makes no sense to short the company at a market cap of 51 billion dollars. Especially the US China deal is very likely to happen soon. The main thing bears hope for is that Tesla's demand will run out. Most Tesla owners know that's not going to happen. More and more people will find out how great Tesla EVs are. Tesla will be on the top of their wishlist. Each year 90 million vehicles are bought. As Tesla continue to reduce cost and improve the vehicles, ICE manufactures should worry about demand.

I hope all Tesla investors stay healthy, follow sound investment strategies.

I'm sure it has been noted, by the venerable Jim Cramer now claims the SEC is above criticism and that Elon should be banned from Tesla for speaking his opinion. I have shared my thoughts in a polite manner. I noted Michael Cahill at the Options Clearing Corp wrote a letter to the SEC and noted their criticism was the "juiciest crap they could find on us".
I think the Wall Street hatefest for Elon is completely out of control. The Ark interview on CNBC was as if Tesla was still making 50,000 cars a year.

Jim Cramer on Twitter

Today there was huge trading volume in Tesla put options at $285 and $290 strike prices expiring at the end of this week. These are typically bought by bearish speculators accommodated by market makers and hedge funds that usually write the options. Those put option writers likely also short-sold Tesla shares to hedge their positions, and will be buying back those shares to cover before the end of the week.

Many of these puts may have been bought near the opening on hopes that the SEC complaint would be disastrous for Tesla. Instead the Tesla price rise today from well down after the opening to nearly flat at the close, likely caught the put owners flat-footed.

Schaeffer's Investment Research - today: Tesla Puts Pop Amid Musk-SEC Drama

CEO Bernie Schaeffer is another one of my former TV show guests who keeps me on his comp list.

Last edited:
Inspired by a FactChecking post from several hours ago:

Nafnlaus on Twitter

D0XaTyCXcAEKQb6.png:large

Seriously. There is a non-zero chance that @KarenRei gets this guy fired. Sucks for him, but I'd probably get fired if i presented a similar level of work to my boss.

Yeah I think Karen posts were a little too much, easier tone would help. Also dude said(unfortunately not in the beginning) that he is vegan , next time you should star: Hello I am a vegan too. and this how Karen will make CR upgrade M3 rating.